PDA

View Full Version : Boat from Epcot to MGM

Alpha Jeanie
05-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Have any of you taken the boat at the International Gateway from Epcot to MGM? (or visa versa) How long does the ride take? Is it straight from Epcot to MGM or does it stop at various resorts? Just wondering if it would be a good way to get to dinner at the World Showcase after spending the day at MGM.

Thanks for any info.

:boat:

lindique
05-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Yes, it stops at every resort along the way. The trip actually takes quite a long time. All together, it's at least 1/2 hour I think. I usually walk part of the way and take the boat the rest to save some time.It's a nice relaxing ride, though, after a day in the park!

Zippy_D_DooDah
05-30-2007, 08:22 PM
On our last trip in Feb, I took the boat from MGM and got off at the Swan. Took a left off the dock and walked over the bridge into Boardwalk. From there I went over to the International Gateway. By walking briskly, I beat the boat... not that I was racing or anything. It is a nice relaxing walk across BW if you want to take your time.

Polynesian Dweller
05-30-2007, 09:02 PM
We also have found the boat to be very slow. If you can walk from the International gateway to the BC boat dock you can get to MGM faster than waiting for the boats. :mickey:

Mickey91
05-30-2007, 09:36 PM
We have ridden both ways. It takes at least 20 min. You go from one park to the Swan/Dolphin then to Yacht/Beach Club then to the other park. It is a nice ride and although somewhat lengthy, it is shorter than driving or waiting for a bus.

Maleficent's Dad
05-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Nice ride.
Goes from EPCOT to BW to YC/BC to Swan/Dolphin to MGM. Then does the exact same in reverse.

Much quicker to walk and take the shortcut through the BW pool. :walk:

Either way it's convenient and a nice way to see other parts of WDW! :mickey:

tarjaybuff
05-30-2007, 10:54 PM
:thumbsup: We usually take the boat from EPCOT to MGM. It is a beautiful ride (getting to see the resorts), and a great time to rest up. Most of the time people are friendly, and you can catch some great secrets or tips.

Take the boat and relax (it was about 20-25 minutes). :wave:

MsMin
05-31-2007, 12:48 AM
On our last trip in Feb, I took the boat from MGM and got off at the Swan. Took a left off the dock and walked over the bridge into Boardwalk. From there I went over to the International Gateway. By walking briskly, I beat the boat... not that I was racing or anything. It is a nice relaxing walk across BW if you want to take your time.

:ditto: When we stayed @ BWV last Dec. we got off @ the Swan and walked also -- it saved a lot of time.

snifflesmcg
05-31-2007, 03:11 AM
I loved taking the boat to the Boardwalk from the International Gateway. It was less crowded and nice and relaxing. From what I remember, the captain was funny as well.

LudwigVonDrake
05-31-2007, 06:21 AM
It takes about 20-25 minutes via boat :sail:

WVParkfan
06-01-2007, 08:22 AM
We make the Friendship Boat trip part of our Disney adventure every time. It does take 30 minutes from Epcot to MGM, but it is usually a welcome relief after hours of walking.

We've taken the boat from MGM to the ESPN Zone on the Boardwalk for dinner, and then hopped on again later to go to Epcot for Illuminations. We've taken it from Epcot to MGM, and we've taken it from MGM to the Dolphin to play mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens.

For us, it is just part of the Disney adventure.
And, it is a convenient alternative to the busses.

DawsonAR
06-01-2007, 09:42 AM
We have taken the boat. It is a very nice ride but does take about 20-30 minutes.

EmiB
06-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Sometimes it's almost better to walk over to the Dolphin/Y&B Club/Boardwalk and take the boat from there depending on where in the route it is.
Either way, it's a very relaxing ride.

Goes4FastPass
06-01-2007, 11:21 AM
We like the EPCOT-MGM boat except right after Mgm/Fantasmic! The park empties out, especially on one show nights and the boat wait can be quite long.

Whenever this topic comes up there are always many relies with versions of, "Walking is faster." OK, sure. And I'm a fast walker who walks every night for exercise but I look at the MGM-Swan-BW-YC-EPCOT boat as 2 things:

1. It's a rest. Don't you people get enough walking visiting WDW parks??

2. It's a boat ride. My niece thinks of WDW boats as attractions!

Lucille
06-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Whenever this topic comes up there are always many relies with versions of, "Walking is faster." OK, sure. And I'm a fast walker who walks every night for exercise but I look at the MGM-Swan-BW-YC-EPCOT boat as 2 things:

1. It's a rest. Don't you people get enough walking visiting WDW parks??

2. It's a boat ride. My niece thinks of WDW boats as attractions!

I am definately one of the "walking is faster" club. :mickey:

In my experience:

1. I can walk faster than the boat and that is if we leave at the same time. When you take into account having to wait for a boat or two, that is a big time savings. I'd rather spend the extra time relaxing in Epcot.

2. The boats aren't air conditioned and when I have been on them, they don't go fast enough to really get a good breeze. In my experience it was like being crammed inside a convection oven, not restful at all!

3. The walk is very relaxing. Between MGM and the Boardwalk you rarely see anyone and once you get to the Boardwalk it is fun to stroll by the stores and restaurants.

:mickey::mickey::mickey: