PDA

View Full Version : Rain

mt.pooh
05-30-2007, 04:11 PM
i am going in july and
i want to know what rides close when it rains and where is the best place to go when it does

kakn7294
05-30-2007, 04:29 PM
It depends on the rain. If it's the typical afternoon 30 min shower, basically nothing closes. If it's an all day downpour, some of the outdoor attractions like Splash and BTMRR might close depending on how heavy the rain is. If there is lightning or high winds, those outdoor attractions will definitely close for safety reasons. Best places to go are any of the indoor attractions, shopping, or find somewhere to eat. Just remember, everyone else will have the same thoughts so these locations will be more crowded!

Cozfamilyof6
05-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Check out Carousel of Progress if you happen to be in Tomorrowland when it rains. Big rotating theater and a pretty long show.

Disney4
05-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Most showers are brief, and you won't have to worry. Lightning is always a ride stopper though.

My advice is to grab a poncho and have fun!

You can only get so wet before it just doesn't matter anymore!

Shugoondola
05-30-2007, 07:47 PM
I know that Test Track shuts down when there is a heavy rain/lightning.

:mickey:

psychotekkie
05-30-2007, 11:20 PM
On our trip last July, it rained on 9 days out of 10, and on several of those days it was ongoing for a whole evening. When I look back, I don't actually remember anything being closed at all, maybe because of there being no lightning.

We put on a poncho a couple times, but other times we just let ourselves get wet, cause it is normally really hot in July and the rain feels good (provided you have appropriate footwear).

Funny, the one day it didn't rain, we were trekking all over AK, and it was so hot we were actually wishing it would rain again.

CM~Mserrano
05-30-2007, 11:45 PM
It's always a good idea to pack a poncho when you go, bring one from home, the ones Disney sells are very expensive and you'll blend in with everone else. It will help to be able to tell eachother apart. Also, it normally rains everyday in the summer around 2 or so, but it usually only rains for about 20 minutes max. Just dip into the nearest show or shop and you should be fine. Just be very careful when it's raining, some of the floors are very slippery. Working at Mission:space I've even seen a broken bone and lots of slips and falls with people wearing flip flops so be careful and have fun!!

sillyolbear
05-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Also if you are a non-flip flop/croc/sandal person, then it is good idea to waterproof your footwear before going. It makes a huge difference if you can keep socks and the running shoes dry.