PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love the Pistons...

CleveSJM
05-30-2007, 03:47 PM
... choking in the big game (#3) and losing 4 straight (ok, only 2 now but it will be 4!)

Go Cavs!!!

:number1:

Jen C.
05-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Oh my friend....

It is simply a tied series, all the Pistons have to do is win 2 of the next three, and you can't forget we have the home court ;)

Let's take a trip down memory lane...
Last year the Pistons were down 3-2 and still came back to beat your Cavs in 7...

Eastern Conference Finals 04.... Pistons were 2-2 with New jersey, Lost game 5 in triple OT (at home) and still came back to win the series in 7....

Seems to me my Pistons do great when their backs are against the wall:thumbsup:

I'll check back in and offer my condolences to you and the other Cavs fans at the end of the series:cry:

But seriously, in good fun...may the best team win!:D

Donald A
05-30-2007, 09:44 PM
This Hoosier, transplanted from Akron, Ohio, is hoping that LeBron and the Cavs can finally do something for the Cleveland sports fans. The series is all even now and it is almost like the first 4 games didn't happen. We'll see, but after all the heartbreak over my lifetime from Cleveland sports, I'll keep my expectations low!

CleveSJM
05-31-2007, 09:04 AM
... But seriously, in good fun...may the best team win!:D

Agreed. May the best team win!

Detroit is the number one seed and should be that team. :(
But, the Cavs have a chance. :number1:

About beating the Cavs in 7 last year... That was a team that barely made the playoffs, not a #2 seed. Don't take too much pride in that or think the '07 Cavs aren't a little better than the '06 version.

I think the Cavs have momentum and Motown is doubting themselves... We'll see. Good luck to both teams!

WDWfanatic742
06-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Detroit is going to have to fight. Double overtime and Cleveland wins. I hope Cleveland can pull it out. I think no matter what, the Spurs are going to win the Finals anyway.

CleveSJM
06-01-2007, 12:31 AM
Spurs are tough but Cleveland can surprise... What a great game tonight!

Jen C.
06-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Kudos to Cleveland~specifically LeBron for a great Game 5. They responded to everything Detroit gave them. I will give credit where credit is due.
However, being the Detroit fan that I am, I cannot yet count out my Pistons. We've been down 3-2 many times and have pulled it out~I have to remain optimistic~it's my job as a fan! Detroit and Game 5's don't mix.
I was at the game and truly appreciated that all-time memorable performance from LeBron. Simply stunning. There was many things about that game though that don't sit right with me. Mainly the Flagrant 2 call on Dyess for his admittedly hard foul on Varejao. Flagrant 1 maybe, but 2? We lost our 6th man in the first quarter of a pivotal game:(
One game at a time, but I'll admit I'm nervous:blush:

alphamommy
06-01-2007, 10:48 AM
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I am sick of being a Detroit sports fan!

BrerSchultzy
06-01-2007, 02:02 PM

Try being a Philly sports fan. :ill:

In all seriousness, WOW. Lebron sure did answer all those Game 1 & 2 critics, didn't he? Detroit is in serious trouble. Yes, they probably should have had McDyess for that game, and he may have made a difference (otherwise known as the "Phoenix Excuse")...or maybe Lebron would have stepped up even more and scored 60. Either way, it was a game that most of us will probably remember as the day that Lebron grew up.

Donald A
06-01-2007, 06:17 PM

Try being a Cleveland Sports fan. I am 31 and my dad was a small child the last time Cleveland won a championship in a major professional sport! That is what makes me think that the let down for the Cavs is on its way. Sorta like Game 7 of the 1997 World Series or all the AFC Championships in the late 80's that slipped away from the Browns.

CleveSJM
06-01-2007, 10:16 PM
I'll admit there were some bad calls against Detroit in Game 5 but, overall, there have still been more bad calls go against the Cavs.

I agree McDyess didn't want to get Andy's head and neck but he did. It was an easy 2 call. Anything up by the head or neck is a 2. What was very funny was the ref's mic when they replayed it on TNT. The ref said something like, "you're gone. you got his head." And McDyess said "I got ball." It was so funny that when it came back to the announcers, Kenny Smith was laughing very hard and saying "I got ball... I got ball."

Anyone watch the TNT overtime after the game? It was great. They were joking on each other. Joking on Kerr. Hilarious!

All hail King James!

Jen C.
06-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I agree McDyess didn't want to get Andy's head and neck but he did. It was an easy 2 call. Anything up by the head or neck is a 2.

When I was at the game, I was so disenchanted at the time with the call, I wasn't paying much attention to the replay. I understnad head and neck is a 2, but at the angle we were sitting it looked like the fabulous flopper got it cross body and lowered his chin to his chest and flung his head. However, I know he didn't "get ball". That is pretty funny.
I'm not blaming the officiating for our loss. We made poor decisions on some crucial shots down the stretch and (please don't make me say this again~it is QUITE painful:() LeBron was unstoppable and truly marvelous.

What infuriates me, is how 99% of people(even here in the D) are giving up. If you are an athlete, and for that matter a true sports fan of any team, it's not over till it's over. If/when Detroit pulls this off, these same fools will be acting like #1 Pistons fans~ :ack: With a win tonight, watch how the coverage and attitudes would change. Pick and support your team, come what may. A series even if "all but over", is NOT over until one team gets 4.:thumbsup:

Pixie Dust for the Pistons!!!! and I would like to commend CleveSJM and thank him for not letting me have it after our loss. Here is a fan who loves his team, but at the same time shows respect for the opposing team and their fans. First class~;)

CleveSJM
06-03-2007, 12:04 AM
Thanks Jen, you're a great sport too. All the posts here have been shown good sportsmanship! Good series for Detroit. You will be right back into it next year as well.

Great game tonight! Hope we can represent the East well. I think we make be able to shock the Spurs.

Go Cavs!

Jen C.
06-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Good Luck to the Cavs!!:thumbsup:

Keep it out East!:party:

:ill:I'm going to make myself feel better about this Pistons loss by adding a night to my upcoming stay at the Poly;)!!!!~feeling better already!

Juggalotus
06-05-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm glad Sheed got his money's worth out of that ejection. The reffing was a joke (of course, being a hockey fan, ALL basketball officiating is a joke).

But, the ref's didn't cost us this series. Varejao's gold medal for diving didn't cost us this series. Even LeBron didn't cost us this series (although game 5 was absolutely amazing to watch). In the end, the Pistons just didn't want it bad enough. They played like they deserved a win without having to try, and that's how they got burned. They've shown before that they can let one guy do all the scoring (Kobe or Shaq) and just eliminate the other 4 guys on the floor. They didn't do that in this series. They let too many guys catch fire, and then it didn't matter how good the defense was, the Cav's were dialed in and there was no defense that was going to stop it.

So, good luck to the Cavs, but my prediction is Spurs in 5.