PDA

View Full Version : Which parks to go to first?

greene
05-30-2007, 03:33 PM
My family and I will get to Disney on a Saturday and our first day in the park will be Sunday. We are staying through Thursday.....

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which order we go to the parks? I know that there are statistics somewhere about this but I just don't know where.

BashfulMom
05-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Have you checked out www.allearsnet.com? They have all sorts of handy information on this website.

MsMin
05-30-2007, 05:55 PM
MK tends to be more crowded on a Sunday b/c of local traffic. I prefer to go to MK first just b/c of traditions and the feel that we are really there. This is especially true if you have little ones-- it's just more magical. If it's summer maybe you would be better off putting it off a day and selecting another park. I check the hours of operation when I make my schedule. Sometimes I do a day @ AK and leave late afternoon and switch to EPCOT for dinner and illuminations. I always make sure to check out which nights are open @ MK for wishes. We typically go in Dec and it's not open late every night. Make sure you get to see the fireworks :fworks:

grumpycajun
05-30-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm not sure why, but the first time we took our children we went to Epcot first and MK on the second day. I think it's because we wanted to prolong the anticipation just a little longer. Ironically, Epcot turned out to be our favorite and we always begin and end our trip there.

kathiep
05-30-2007, 07:43 PM
For us, no matter when we get there, it's always MK first.

It just doesn't seem like your there until you're on Main Street and can see the castle.

Guya103
05-30-2007, 09:50 PM
For us, no matter when we get there, it's always MK first.

It just doesn't seem like your there until you're on Main Street and can see the castle.

Same here! It is tradition for our family as well to visit the Magic Kingdom first. One has to stroll down Main Street and gaze at the Castle to start the trip out right!!:mickey:

grumpyguy
05-31-2007, 09:27 AM
i highly recommend mk first.disney started with
the mk first and everything else came after.
its what walt was all about.we feel mk represents actually being at disney and you get
"immursed" into your experience.i don't pay attention to what park is statistically busier on what day.mk is our fav and always will be.
gg out!!:thumbsup:

Iluvpooh
05-31-2007, 10:48 AM
You didn't say how old your kids are. Our first trip with kids-(3&4) We went to Mk first and it was a mistake!! After that we couldn't get them to any other park!! My daughter just kept screaming at EPCOT-I want to see the castle. Where is the castle!

Now we do Epcot first, then MGM, MK, and then AK.

For some reason MK always seems really busy on the Weekends-When the locals come and during October-EPCOT is full of locals on the weekends because of the Food and Wine Festival.

I think I read in an unofficial guide that MK is really busy on Monday-Because travelers are getting to the property on Sunday and the first park they go to on Monday is MK. Then it goes in order Tuesday-Epcot, Wednesday-MGM, Thursday-Animal Kingdom. Also I think I read where Epcot is busier on Fridays because of school field trips. I wouldn't swear to any of that. It just seems like it is stuck in my head for some reason!

DawsonAR
05-31-2007, 12:40 PM
We always do MK first. My kids love it! They get really excited when walking down Main Street and they see the Castle. We typically start the morning off at MK then move to EPCOT in the afternoon. This gives us a little break. The kids love EPCOT too but maybe not as much as the MK.

milhouse
05-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Our first full day in a park is usually MK. On our trip last month, our first day was a half day on Sat so we went to MGM. Fantasmic was cool on our first night in WDW. Then Suunday we spent the whole day at MK. It worked out.

snifflesmcg
06-02-2007, 01:53 AM
Last year I did MGM first and it didn't feel right to me. This year.....MK first day. Seeing the castle on the first day literally kicks off your vacation.

Morpheous
06-02-2007, 02:54 AM
Well seeing as how we've only been to Disneyworld once I can't really say we have a tradition or anything. But we went to the Magic Kingdom our first day last time we went. This year we are getting there on a monday about 2pmish and we will probably go to Epcot that day for half the day and catch Illuminations since we missed it last time around. But I would think that for the magical experience MK would be the best.

True Disney Fan
06-03-2007, 01:56 PM
:number1:For years that we have traveled to WDW, it is just tradition for us to hit MK first. If we are delayed getting in our room, we head to MK for at least a couple of hours to get the Disney Feeling of Arriving at the World.

:party:Our first official full day always starts with the Character Breakfast at Chef Mickey's. From there we usually have checked to see what park would be more accessable with less traffic for the day. As stated earlier,in a post, the week-end at MK is usually very heavy. At some point,on this first full day, we will be back at MK.:mickey:

MickeyandTink
06-03-2007, 04:03 PM
You didn't say how old your kids are. Our first trip with kids-(3&4) We went to Mk first and it was a mistake!! After that we couldn't get them to any other park!! My daughter just kept screaming at EPCOT-I want to see the castle. Where is the castle!

That's my big fear. DD :princess: is 6 and this will be her first time to WDW. DW :tink: and I :smickey: are really looking forward to the other parks as well, but I'm not sure DD will appreciatate them as much (except for maybe AK).

Having said that, I still think we will hit MK first. It really does showcase the Disney experience.

septembergirl
06-03-2007, 04:42 PM
If you are interested in which parks are statistically more crowded on each day, check The Unofficial Guide. I have the book and am registered with them online. It is a minimal fee but there you can access the Crowd Calendar which I try to take into account when planning my days. It may not much such a big difference during slower times but I thought it was right on during the summer...That's my :twocents:.