PDA

View Full Version : Pictures at DTD

Iluvpooh
05-30-2007, 03:26 PM
There used to be a place at DTD where you could have a photo session with Mickey. Is it still there? If so, does anyone know the name or know how to set up an appointment?

Pop Centurion
05-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Nope it's not there anymore. I was never aware there was such a place. Must be before my time at WDW.

Iluvpooh
05-30-2007, 05:44 PM
We went there in 2001. It was part of our package. The old packages where you got like different things everyday of your stay. One of them was a photo session. They took our pictures and gave us a small package of like 8 wallets and a 5x7. we want to take our family Christmas photo at WDW with Mickey, but with small kids we thought we would be better off with a session than random pictures at the park. Besides we want to dress up for the pictures. Is there any place at WDW to have professional photos taken with characters?

biodtl
05-30-2007, 08:43 PM
You could go to Toontown in MK and head to the meet & greet area (judge's tent). They have photopass photographers there. If you didn't want to be dressed up all day, you could change and store your stuff in a locker.

auntfrannie
05-31-2007, 05:58 AM
<sigh> I remember doing the dress-up photos at DTD when it was called the Disney Marketplace (I think) years and years ago. It was a sepia tinted photo and you dressed up in old costumes. I think it was called Lilly Langtry's but I could be wrong. They had a similar place on Main Street. I love those old photos!!

J9
05-31-2007, 08:12 PM
That area has now turned into DTD Guest Relations and a photo studio for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Bootique.

iceicebritney
06-05-2007, 10:09 PM
ahh yes... the photo sessions were so awesome! i remember the one at the disney market place... and how bout the one that was in MGM where you dressed up as athletes, etc. now all thats left it seems is the one in star wars - if thats even still there!!

and i must say - i miss super star television! i loved being lucy!!

Iluvpooh
06-05-2007, 11:07 PM
I finally called Disney about a picture session. Disney events handles it and they take pictures at the parks and some of the deluxe resorts and offer a small package. All for the low low STARTING price of $225.00!!:ill: Photopass here we come!! So sad that they would do away with something so great like that.:(