PDA

View Full Version : Trip Canceled!!

PeachyGal
05-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Ok, since this is the only place where anyone would understand, here I am to post my vent!

DH has decided he is tired of Disney. :mad: Exactly how does that happen?? Anyways, he wants to go to Hawaii. So I did what any good wife would do. I canceled Disney and booked Hawaii. Well, I'm really bummed. I know I'm being very ungrateful and selfish, but this year MNSSHP is on my birthday. I was SOOOO looking forward to going. And I even got CRT breakfast for my birthday. :( I keep hoping that he will change his mind, so I haven't canceled my ADRs yet. :thedolls:

So what to do?? He really wants to go to Hawaii and its not that I don't want to go. I do, but I'm really bummed. I guess I didn't realize how much until I read an article about some new things at Sea World. When I told him, he said "Oh, and we're going to Hawaii." :mad:

I guess I didn't realize how Disney Crazy I really am. So here I sit, totally bummed.

Mousehead35
05-30-2007, 03:04 PM
:hug: I'm sending you hugs b/c I know I would totally be bumming out right now!

Goofeygal
05-30-2007, 03:48 PM
I am sorry you can not do both. I understand how you feel. We had to do that one year and it was a hard decision to make. We were deciding between disney and going out west. So keep you chin up Hawaii is a great place to go.:mickey:

BashfulMom
05-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Maybe you could talk your DH into staying a night or two at Disneyland either before or after Hawaii.

I think that would be an excellent compromise.

:thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
05-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Nobody else in the world would understand your problem, except us. We are totally behind you.:thumbsup:

Not2Loud
05-31-2007, 11:33 AM
As much as I love Hawaii, I would hate cancelling a trip I already have planned!

We feel your pain.

Disneymom4ever
05-31-2007, 11:48 AM
I am so sorry! My DH just told me he doesn't understand why people would go to DW more than once every few yrs, and doesn't understand why you would possibly by a time share there- that would mean going every year! (I was trying to talk him into it :thumbsup:) I understand your pain! I do like the idea of a stop-over at DL, perhaps after- it would give you something to look forward to. And heck, if you fly into LA, your right there! Good luck. :mickey:

PeachyGal
05-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks for all the support!! You guys are the best. My DH got a big kick out of my post (he lurked and read it!). And to his credit, he told me he would be willing to cancel Hawaii just for me. :thumbsup:

DS8 did not want to go to Hawaii at first, but has since changed his mind after reading the brochures etc. He was willing to give up Disney for Hawaii. So, in the end the boys will win. We did go to the World in January so its not like I haven't been this year. :mickey: And Hawaii has a lot of history and things to see, it will be like Disney, only different. :D

I'm going to have to spend more time on ICot and live through the trip reports this year. :cool: Now to actually make the call and cancel the ADRs!!! That is going to be painful, but I'm a big girl!! I can handle it!

Sharon1026
05-31-2007, 09:20 PM
I've been to both places many times. Trust me, Hawaii is great!! Sorry you cancelled Disney, but if you've done it a bunch of times and the hubby wants to try something new and different... well, you might find that you really like that, too.

lilmattie13
05-31-2007, 10:58 PM
Sorry to hear about your dilema, not that I dont think you wont love Hawaii.

You are from the east coast as well. What we have done when we have travelled toward the opposite end of the country was to fit in a trip to Disneyland. Perhaps you can get your first flight over to the west coast, spend a day or two there, then fly to Hawaii from there.
It would break your flying up a little bit and add some disney magic to it.

We went and while I still love WDW much more than Disneyland, I can say I have been. And besides it is still disney.:party:

DisneyMP3Maker
05-31-2007, 11:29 PM
I feel your pain. We had to cancel our trip this year as well. Only, we bought a house, instead of going to Hawaii. I have already started planning the trip for next year, however. So there is always something to look forward to.

mrsgaribaldi
06-01-2007, 08:39 AM
I was going to say dump your husband, you'll find a Disney lover. Then you said he was willing to go to Disney so tell him OK!!! Go to Disney and you can go to Hawaii another year. Or what about separate vacations?:blush:
Good luck, whatever you do I hope you're all happy (but mostly you;))

PS:this is my 5000th post, woohoo:thumbsup::woohoo:

tinksmom02
06-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Now to actually make the call and cancel the ADRs!!! That is going to be painful, but I'm a big girl!! I can handle it!

It's like pulling off a Band-Aid...just do it fast and get it over with!

So sorry your WDW trip has been cancelled. I would be upset, too, especially since you were so far along in the planning stages!

You have a silver lining...you're still going on vacation! I know it's not Disney, but at least you're going somewhere! I've heard Hawaii can be nice....;)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-01-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip. But you will love Hawaii. It is so pretty there. There would be a quick shower about 3pm every afternoon (just like Disney)! And then you will see beautiful rainbows.

marlyn
06-02-2007, 12:33 AM
You will have a great time in Hawaii...but I can totally understand why you are upset. Disney has a magic that you just can't get anywhere else.

gueli
06-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Its nice to know that you are both part of a team- you are willing to sacrifice so much , & when he realized how much it mattered, he was also willing to reschedule...:thumbsup:

Just remember- it is not disney. It is real, beautiful (lacking the magic of wdw) and I hope your family enjoys the time there
:mickey:

Deesdisney
06-02-2007, 12:06 PM
I know how that feels. My DH made me promise that I would not go back to WDW until we have gone to Hawaii. Since he has put up with me and WDW I said ok. But that was before he decided it would cost to much for us to go this year. So know I have to wait till he has bought a Mini cooper. However I have been putting money away each month for a WDW trip for next year.

Mickey91
06-03-2007, 12:32 AM
I was going to say dump your husband, you'll find a Disney lover. Then you said he was willing to go to Disney so tell him OK!!! Go to Disney and you can go to Hawaii another year. Or what about separate vacations?:blush:
Good luck, whatever you do I hope you're all happy (but mostly you;))

PS:this is my 5000th post, woohoo:thumbsup::woohoo:

:congrats:I'm almost to 500!

Maybe he will take you to DL a night or two. That would be cool! Wehave talked about going to Hawaii and just haven't given up WDW for it yet. Anyway, have a really great Birthday where ever you are!:mickey:

crazypoohbear
06-03-2007, 10:51 AM
I wish I had your dilemma!!
I'm sure that you will love Hawaii. Just close your eyes and pretend your in one BIG Tiki ROOM;) (Wandering the POLY maybe:mickey:
Then sing it's a small world to yourself over and over again!!
have a great trip and mickey will be waiting for you when you get back:thumbsup:

Mom2princesses
06-05-2007, 09:41 AM
I am sorry you are cancelling your WDW trip but let me tell you that you are going to just absolutely LOVE Hawaii. My hubby and I went there on our honeymoon. It is absolutely gorgeous and there are so many things to do! You can snorkel, go to a real luau, ride a helicopter, go to the top of a volcano for a sunrise. It is so amazing.

You can relax on some of the most beautiful beaches in whole world. The food is great there too. We went to Maui and the big island. Maui was just wonderful.

Have a great time relax, enjoy one of our most beautiful states.

You can do Disney next year! Also a trip in DL is a great idea as well to break up the flight.

Have a great trip! I am so jealous! :D

psychotekkie
06-06-2007, 12:22 AM
Don't look at Hawaii as something you are doing "instead" of Disney. Look at it as something you are doing "as well as" Disney. I guarantee you will love it. And there are little things there to notice and love as well:
* The smell of the air when you get off the plane. It is the cleanest and sweetest air I have ever smelled.
* The beautiful leis made of real, fragrant flowers instead of the silk and plastic ones.
* The fact that Hawaii is more truly Polynesian than Disney's Poly resort could ever be (though I love the Poly with all my heart, but that's cause I love Hawaii)
* The beautiful plant life all around you, and lush mountain backdrop.
* The bits of culture here and there.
* I bet you've never tasted pineapple, coconut or macadamia nuts as good as the ones you'll get in Hawaii.

And don't just sit around at the hotel or beach. Go on a snorkelling tour, you will absolutely love it.
And take surfing lessons! You will be amazed how easy it is, with those smooth long waves.
And check out a market place (like not a tourist one but a real "locals" one).

You can not experience these things at Disney so go and enjoy just this once. You will be back at Disney another time, but you will be a richer person for having this experience.

snifflesmcg
06-06-2007, 12:52 AM
I'd say........go to Hawaii!!! Disney is ALOT closer to you than Hawaii and you have a better chance getting back to Disney. Hey, a vacation is a vacation. You might really like it!