PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass

greene
05-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Is the fast pass all that it's cracked up to be?

CleveRocks
05-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Yes it is, if used properly.

Let me give you a brief example. It's 10:00 a.m. and you're in Fantasyland. Peter Pan has a 60 minute stand-by time, and the FASTPASS return time is 11:30 a.m. (90 minutes away). If you want, you could spend from 10:00 a.m. 'til 11:00 a.m. waiting in line at Peter Pan. Or you could do the following ...

Get FPs for Peter Pan. You could get in the 30 minute line for Dumbo (which is NOT a FP attraction), and then ride Dumbo. It's now 10:35 a.m. Walk into Mickey's PhilharMagic (I've nevvr seen a long line there), and you're out by, oh let's say 10:55 a.m. Now get in the 25 minute line for It's a Small World (which is NOT a FP attraction), and you're out of IASW by 11:30 a.m. Before you go to Peter Pan, go grab a FP for Winnie the Pooh. NOW, you can now go right to Peter Pan because you're FP is ready, and you're out of PP by 11:40 a.m.

You did Dumbo, Mickey's PhilharMagic, It's a Small World and Peter Pan, and it's 11:40 a.m.

If you waited the hour at Peter Pan and after that did Dumbo OR It's A Small World (NOT BOTH), it would be 11:35 or 11:40 a.m.

With FP, you did 4 attractions by 11:35 or 11:40 a.m., instead of only 2 attractions by that same time without FP.

When you get a FP, it will say on the bottom the exact time you're eligible to get another one. That time is often the time that the FP "matures," or two hours from the time you got the FP, whichever is shorter.

It's ALWAYS a good idea to get your NEXT FP before using your current one. That way, while you're riding the first FP ride, you're ALSO spending time waiting for the NEXT FP window to open.

FP is no good if you have to sit around and do nothing to wait for the time window to open. But waiting for a FP window is an EXCELLENT time to get a meal or snack, play at a nearby playground, shop, etc. It's also usually a good idea to go to a non-FP attraction while waiting for a FP window to open. For example, after grabbing a FP for Splash Mountain, go get in line for Pirates of the Caribbean.

Iluvpooh
05-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Great reply!! I love fast pass. Also my favorite time to get a fast pass is right before we are going to eat. By the time we are finished we can usually hop right on!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-30-2007, 09:07 PM
We love Fastpass!!:thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
05-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Fast pass is a great thing. As the earlier post, indicated it works best if you plan things and they gave a great example. Its also helpful for very popular rides with long lines. When Soarn' first opened it had lines that were 2+ hours long and fast pass returns 4+ hours after pickup.

So, got the Soarn' Fastpass, went off and did some things in Innoventions, Energy, etc.. At the point we could get another Fast Pass got one for Space with a 2.5 hour return. By the time we were done with Soarn' we walked over and right on to Space.

Yep, Fast pass is great! :number1:

DisneyBabe
05-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Fastpass is great! Although, there are some disadvantages to it. Overall, it's a wonderful adition to the Disney parks! :number1:

kakn7294
05-30-2007, 10:22 PM
It depends. For the most part, yes. However, like was previously pointed out, if you have to sit around and wait for your window to open up, it's a waste of time. Likewise, you have to consider your location when your window opens up. You may have an ADR for that time or aren't going to be in the area for the time your window opens up. Many CM's will honor the FP after your 1 hr window expires but none will allow you on early. If you intelligently use the system, it's a great thing!

DakotaDisney
05-30-2007, 10:56 PM
I echo the first reply.

It is worth it if used properly and Soarin is a good example.

You have to do a little planning, but it's not difficult. And a little thought but into planning your day at the park goes a long way into your full enjoyement of the park and getting everything out of it. CleveRocks does a good job explaining it.

I would also add that the only thing quicker than "fast pass" is if you are a single rider. Often times it is much faster to use the single rider lines on those rides that have that option.

CleveRocks
05-31-2007, 06:44 AM
You have to do a little planning, but it's not difficult. And a little thought but into planning your day at the park goes a long way into your full enjoyement of the park and getting everything out of it. CleveRocks does a good job explaining it.The ironic thing is that I'm not a planner. I really don't know what we're going to be doing or where we'll be an hour or two from now. I have no master plan, I just go with the flow. So in the example I gave, it's not like I would have THAT planned in advance. Once I'd have the Peter Pan FPs in-hand, I'd just figure out what else to do, rather than already have it mapped out for the family.

I enjoy putting together puzzles, but I HATE following pre-existing plans while on vacation!:thumbsup:

DakotaDisney
05-31-2007, 10:29 AM
The ironic thing is that I'm not a planner. I really don't know what we're going to be doing or where we'll be an hour or two from now. I have no master plan, I just go with the flow. So in the example I gave, it's not like I would have THAT planned in advance. Once I'd have the Peter Pan FPs in-hand, I'd just figure out what else to do, rather than already have it mapped out for the family.

I agree. I don't map out the whole day. What I meant was just taking a few minutes to think about what rides we want to do and can do in the amount of time that you have while you wait for your fastpass time.:thumbsup:

DShultz
05-31-2007, 01:34 PM
Echoing the previous replies - Fastpass rocks! The best implementation of the concept I've seen in any park/attraction. My family (5 of us) have used it extensively and with a little bit of planning and flexibility it makes catching all of the "must sees" a breeze and makes the park experience much less stressfull - especially if oyur with the kids.

It may not be perfect, but it certainly is magic (especially if you get a Dream FP like we did at MK 2 weeks ago!).

dixielandings
06-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Is the fast pass all that it's cracked up to be?

Um...yes.

The first time you whiz past the 2-hour stand-by line for Soarin', you will love FP forever! That's what happened for me, anyway!

And, yes, always get a 2nd FP before you use your current FP - it's a better use of time.

Queen Stephanie
06-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Fast pass is absolutely wonderful and I would love to give a kiss to the person who thought of it! Why do you think many other theme parks have implemented a similar quick ticket/fast pass...it's because ppl expect it now that Disney has introduced the revolutionary way to pass up others who have stood in line forever. Admit it...it is fun to walk right on Splash Mountain and pass ppl who have stood in line for 2 hours! I would never have it any other way now! The Queen:thumbsup:

snifflesmcg
06-01-2007, 01:50 AM
Fast pass is the best!!!:thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
06-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Yes, I go for FastPass.

At WDW, the "regular" line at FP attractions has a sign that says Standby Line. Do you really want to be one standby to experience an attraction?

Some people think FastPass costs extra. Wrong. Some people think it's too much bother to get a FastPass. Wrong.

There's a name for people who don't use FastPass: First-timers.

There is one FastPass "caution" though: DO check the standby line time when you go to the attraction to get a FastPass. The last time I went to get an EE Fastpass the standby time was 15 minutes (!). I wouldn't bother to get a Fastpass if standby is less than 30 minutes.