PDA

View Full Version : stupid question

greene
05-30-2007, 12:54 PM
O.k. we have purchased the meal plan..... I was just looking at the different restaurants and some have $$ , $$$, $$$$ I know enough that the $$$$ is a nicer restaurant than the $$ My question is can we use the meal plan for all the different class restaurants? Make sense? :confused:

SBETigg
05-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT. The Dining Plan can be a great money saver. Almost all WDW restaurants accept it, and you order off the regular menus. There are very few exceptions. It's a great deal.

A small number of the WDW restaurants are considered Signature Dining and will cost two credits per person instead of one. If you head to Info Central, there's a handy reference in the Dining section that lists all participating restaurants, menus, and which are Signature Dining.

vamaggie
05-30-2007, 01:12 PM
There are some restaurants at DTD that don't accept the DP. Checkout info central and that should tell you all. Keep asking questions too--the folks here know it all!

satchel01
05-30-2007, 01:19 PM
If you purchased the regular Magic Your Way plus Dining plan (vs. platinum & other upgrades), you will get 1 snack, 1 counter service, 1 table service per person every day. If you go to Info Central here on Intercot and look for the Dining Plan link, there is a listing of which restaurants fit in each category. You really don't have to worry about the $$ $$$ $$$$ symbols at all as long as your using a table service on a table service, you're fine.

Table Service: make your ADR's (advance dining reservations) ASAP. What I do is map out when extra magic hours occur during my visit and try to plan approximately where I want to be each day, then fill in my restaurant choices to cut down on travel time.
When you get to the restaurant let your server know that you're on the dining plan and they will tell you what you can all order. It's typically a drink (non-specialty), appetizer (each person gets their own!), main course and dessert

Counter Service: These are your basic walk-up restaurants. You'll usually get a drink, meal and dessert. But again let your server know when ordering and they will assist you.

Snacks: These can be found at counter service restaurants and snack carts throughout the parks. My tip would be to use them on actual snacks (like pretzels, dole whips, cappucino floats from adventureland mmmmmmm) and just buy the $2 water if needed. You get more for your buck that way in my opinion.

greene
05-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks! This is all a little overwhelming!

Figment!
05-30-2007, 02:03 PM
See also the Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180).

It breaks down a lot of common topics into easier to digest answers.

tinkerbell04
05-30-2007, 02:18 PM
I was overwhelmed the first time I used the plan as well. I found all of the CM's at the registers more then helpful in breaking down what is covered and what isn't. You will get the hang of it :mickey: