PDA

View Full Version : Disney Rooms

Juniorunc2001
05-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Anyone have a Disney room in thier house?
If so - lets see some pictures!

kakn7294
05-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Nah, I don't have a Disney room - instead, my stuff is spread out in EVERY room!

disneykat
05-30-2007, 11:00 PM
I am actually in the process of converting my spare bedroom into a Disney room. I'm hoping to have it finished in a few weeks and I'll get some pictures out then. Wish me luck. . . I hate to paint!!:mickey:

Lacy
05-30-2007, 11:09 PM
My spare bedroom is a Disney room! I am still in the process of getting it all set up. Currently, I have a Magic Kingdom throw hanging on one wall and Mickey posters and puzzles hanging on other walls. I need to paint (probably with the Disney colors from Home Depot) and add shelves for all of my memorabilia and books.

While I was in college I had a Mickey bathroom. I had the Mickey body parts shower curtain, towels, and accessories. I made stencils by tracing the parts on the shower curtain and had Mickey hats, gloves, and shorts painted around the room! :mickey:

Belle619
05-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Whoo-hoo, I'm not the only crazy one!!!

Sorry, no picks yet, but I too am also in the process of converting my second bedroom into an IASW room. I know, sounds odd, but I ordered a large attraction poster of IASW and I have a snowglobe that I bought in the park which I'm using as my inspiration. I have purchased an antique globe and I plan on getting vintage books on different areas/countries.

My sister has her main bedroom done in a Snow White theme, also due to a large attraction poster that I bought for her. Her bedding is all deep red velvet and the furniture is a dark wood color that gives the illusion of being deep in the forest.

I am also obsessed with the Morocco pavilion in Epcot, so my livingroom is sort of in that theme - which is great because it is Disney and no one knows it!!!

We'll be moving soon and I can't wait to have more area to make into my personal Disney shrine!

Disneymom4ever
05-31-2007, 12:03 PM
Wow, this is a great thread! We recently moved into a new house, and I'm stuck with white walls in our bedroom. I told my DH I'm either going to decorate it tropical (palm trees), which I love, or Disney (which I really love!). At first he rolled his eyes at the thought of a Disney bedroom, but it would make me so happy! So he gave in. I just don't know where to start. I'd really like to get creative on this one. If anyone has pics, I would love to see!

Figment78
05-31-2007, 01:06 PM
We don't have a disney room, but our Dining Room is "inspired" by the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The curtains have leaves on them (hard to describe), my husband's drums that he bought in Animal Kingdom are in there, we have lots of dark wood and african theming....

Disneyatic
05-31-2007, 01:39 PM
I would also love to see pics!
We are in the process of looking for a new home and I have already told DH that the gameroom will be decorated with a Disney theme.
I am thinking of painting the walls a pale gray and then using Mickey's colors (red, white, yellow, black and white) as accent colors along with whatever Disney decorations I find to add and a bunch of Disney pictures that we have taken that we are blowing up and framing.

I love the IASW idea!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-31-2007, 09:39 PM
:princess: Taylor's bedroom was just completely redone in Disney Princesses. She is 3.

The walls are purple with Princess wallies. We went a little nuts with decorations. Personalized pictures, a gorgeous Cinderella lamp that looks like her coach, shelves with Ariel, Snow White, Jasmine and Cinderella, we even bought her a custom made Princess ceiling fan. Picture frames and actual pics of her with the Princesses are all around. It really looks beautiful.

Her favorite part is her bed. We found a beautiful Disney set with a matching canopy. I will have to take some pics of it.

Good thing for us she is the only girl. The boys are easier. My oldest DS' room is done in POTC. That came our really great too.

Riley is the only one that does not want to have a Disney room. His is done in Yankees. :cool:

DisneyMP3Maker
05-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Our 2nd bedroom/office is currently the "Disney" room. I have maps framed along with over 20 pictures and 40+ plush toys. When we move into our new house, I was thinking of getting really creative and making the downstairs family room area all Disney. Complete with actual painting some drawings on the walls and all Disney colors. It's going to be awesome. If/when I can get it done, pictures will be up.

biodtl
06-01-2007, 08:55 AM
We are currently building an addition and DD3's room will be princesses. I am going to enlarge and frame photos of her meeting the princesses (and do a huge one of her and Belle - her favorite) and hang them on the walls.

I was trying to decide how to decorate the bathroom that she will share with DS10, since they are opposite sex and far in age and I decided on Mickey themed, since it's ageless. I'll have to post pics when they are done.

tinksmom02
06-01-2007, 11:25 PM
My husband just redid DD's room to a Tinkerbell theme. I don't know how to do pics, but we got the painting scheme from the disney paint section at Home Depot. The ceiling is dark blue, 3 of the walls are green (top half bright, bottom half a paler green, with Tink wallies all around), and the opposite walls are lavender. The molding is dark purple. She's got her WDW poster from our 1st trip hanging up, as well as the special pin-poster thing they were selling at WOD when we were there, and assorted Tinkerbell stuff all over.

The part I like is that if she outgrows tink, we can remove the wallies, change the bedding, and it's just a cool, colorful room.

Course, she is now obsessed with POTC, and I don't recall seeing much in the way of bright purples and greens in any of the movies :blush: Oops.

disneykat
06-12-2007, 06:52 AM
Well, I did it. I completed my Disney makeover in my spare bedroom. It turned out pretty cool, however, I don't know how to post pictures. If someone can tell me, I'll be happy to post pictures. My walls are a deep red color. . .except one long wall is Mickey Ear Black on the bottom third. I got a neat Studios wallpaper border and placed it between the black/red split. The border is black, white, and gray so it looks awesome together. I painted an old dresser that my grandfather had made when I was a child. I used the same black color that I used on the wall. I purchased some Mickey drawer pulls (ears, pants, hands, shoes) and used those on the painted dresser. I had an old microwave stand that I also painted black. I then let me kids cut out pictures from Disney maps/brochures that we had around the house and we decoupaged the top two shelves and the doors. I painted the drawer pulls a bright red and ended up with a whimsical little area for a coffee pot and goodies for our guests. I added vintage Mickey sheets to the bed and a couple of Mickey pillows for decoration. I bought several black collage frames and filled them with family photos from our many Disney vacations. I placed Disney memorabilia around the room. . .things like large stuffed Mickey/Minnie, studios water tower lamp, castle frame, autograph books, pens, notepads, Disney movies, etc. I also have a small bathroom within this bedroom. It's also the deep red color but I added a Mickey shower curtain, framed picture to match, and of course, a nice little collection of soaps/shampoos left from our last visit to the world. I will continue to add fun, new things as my Disney collection grows. Hopefully my guests will enjoy their stay in the "most magical room" in the house. Most of my friends think I'm crazy and don't understand my obsession, however, Disney has created more fond memories for my family than any other place besides home. Why not give that a little recognition??? :mickey:

Looking forward to more memories in September!!

January-2007
06-12-2007, 08:39 AM
How fun! We have purchased posters in WDW to put up, but we're such procrastinators... We will probably end up waiting until after our last trip in September is over before we get them framed and up because hey, we might get more! We have an Alice in Wonderland bedspread on our bed that I got from DisneyShopping.com, on our most recent trip we bought 2 blankets, so when it starts to get cold we'll have those out... but gosh, now that I look around, there's hardly any trace of Disney in our apartment... We've got to work on that (and the boxes left unpacked from moving, we have a lot to work on...)! How strange that if someone came into our place they would have no idea of our great affection for Walt Disney World! Once we put up our posters I think it will look better!