PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been on one of the tours?

Hayden's Dad
05-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Has anyone had an opportunity to go on one of the tours offered at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, or Animal Kingdom We get to do them free with our package while we are there in November, and we wanted to know what everyone liked and didn't like. Thanks.

mulderxcoltrane
05-30-2007, 11:43 AM
We took the Keys to the Kingdom tour a few years back at the MK. IMO - an amazing tour (a bit long) but worth it.

disneycouple2004
05-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Ditto ..keys to the kingdom tour .Was very good, but like the other post said it was just a bit too long..we did take some breaks, and lunch was included. so that helped alot..i believe it was 5 hours total..
enjoy !!
:thumbsup:

MsMin
05-31-2007, 01:04 AM
I've done the Backstage Safari and it was good. My dd22 is prevet and wanted to tour their vet hosp and other facilities. I do hate missing out on other park activities. We also did the behind the seeds tour in EPCOT and it seemed to have just as much info for a fraction of the time and price.

jefmblrd
05-31-2007, 05:14 AM
We've done the Keys to the Kingdom Tour which was great. Other posters have said that it was a bit long, but I could have kept on going and going. It was that interesting-especially going backstage and into the utilidors.

We've also done the Backstage Magic Tour which was incredible.

Flower
05-31-2007, 06:38 AM
We loved the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. Yes, it is about 5 hours, but I was disappointed that we did not get to go 'backstage' thru Fantasyland and Tomorrowland - I could have stayed on the tour forever!

The behind the seeds tour is good as well, but the cost is only $12, compares to the other tours which are alot more $$$.

DakotaDisney
05-31-2007, 11:06 AM
I did two tours as a part of my package and I definitely would recomend them. Although I think it would depend on who is in your group. I don't know if children are allowed on some tours or if they would enjoy it as much.

Also, since it's a part of your package, I think that they are totally worth it. I don't know what they would cost seperately.

I did the Segway tour at Epcot and it was great. The Segways are fun to ride and you get to drive all over the World Showcase before it opens to the public. It was also fun to learn some things about the park.

I did the Behind the Scenes tour at AK and it was also very interesting. We got to have our own personal ride vehicle on the Safari ride and our guide explained things along the way. We also got to go inside the veternary clinic and where they prepared the food. We also got to see the elephants come back into there homes at the end of the day and be closer than on the ride. We just happened to luck into the elephant part.

I would love to go on the behind the scenes tour at Mk, but that was not offered as a part of my package.

like2workout
05-31-2007, 12:19 PM
i've also taken the "keys to the kingdom" tour and thought it was great! i am fascinated by behind the scenes info, and this is the place to go for that. We got to ride rides with just our group and go behind the scenes in the haunted mansion and also see where the parade floats are kept during the day. We went "underground" to where the employees work. i went during offseason, so there were only about 6 people on the tour, so it was very personalized. we even got a special keys to the kingdom pin for all pin collectors out there. i plan to do this tour again and highly recommend it!

pianobabe
05-31-2007, 01:43 PM
We went on the Behind the Steam Trains Tour last year. My husband really loves trains and this was my anniversary present to him. I thought I would be bored, but it was very interesting. It lasted maybe 3 hours. The guide included a lot of history about Walt's love of trains and we got to go backstage to the Round House. After the tour, we received a special pin that you can only get from the tour. There is an age limit.

jefmblrd
05-31-2007, 03:03 PM
One tip that I found helpful while taking tours at WDW was to wear the listening device. Our tourguide on the Backstage Magic Tour wore a microphone, and we were able to hear everything he was saying-even answering questions one-on-one while walking from place to place. There was a lot of good information that I never would have heard if I wasn't wearing it.

Dakota Rose
05-31-2007, 10:13 PM
I did the Backstage Magic tour way back in '97. I still talk about it like it was yesterday and have all the souvenirs in my hope chest. I'd say the best days in my life go like this:

1. Marrying my husband
2. Having my son
3. Backstage Magic Tour

That's how much I liked it!

TiggeRia
06-01-2007, 10:06 AM
I did the Backstage Safari tour this past April, and thoroughly enjoyed it. We got to see the elephant houses and learned so much about them. Then it was off to the vet clinic and the food preparation place. To get from place to place they drove us around in big vans, so it was neat to drive all over backstage. The tour ended with the safari ride, and thank goodness we didn't have to wait in line for it (2 hour wait). The tour was about 3 1/2 hours with a break in the middle where we got snacks, water, and met with one of the animal trainers and an owl. I truly enjoyed it and highly recommend it! :mickey:

hoop de do
06-01-2007, 04:27 PM
I vote for Backstage Safari. My son and I did it and we were more than pleased. We were fortunate enough to be able to touch a white Rhino, how many people can say that? I don't think everyone gets to do that but we were in the right place at the right time - p.s. - he was in a well barred pen. If you are into wildlife and conservation I think you will thoroughly enjoy. Let us know. :elephant::thumbsup: