PDA

View Full Version : Things that annoy me!!!! [Long Rant]..add yours!!!

Terra
05-30-2007, 10:21 AM
....Okay so I only live a about minutes to an hour from WDW...and I go there quite often...[gotta love the AP]....

These are things that I ALWAYS notice and it really bugs me!!!!!!!!

First....
Have you ever noticed when you drive on Disney property the speed limit ranges from 35 to 50mph?
No problem!! I do that that speed limit...
But goodness....
in the 35mph zone I have people right on my tail and flashing their lights at me!!!!!!!!
Now this irritates me to no end and quite honestly when they do this...I slow down way under the speed limit...
I have my 6 month old son with me and I am not in such a hurry to get to the main gate that I'm willing to speed and endanger myself and my son...
But the people will fly past me doing 50-60 in the 35!!!!!!
Or 60-70 in the 50mph zone....:confused:

Next...parking in the lot of whatever park you're at....
What is the deal with people racing to get to the parking space and being rude and cutting you off, nearly causing wrecks...not letting people in...If I remember right I think the speed limit in the parking lot is like 15-20mph...and people are going 40!!!!
I had a family last week nearly side swipe me as they speed up to the front of the line, just before the line mergered to park, and cut right in front of me!!
Then when they parked right beside me I gave them the dirtiest look as I took my baby out of my car...they just kind of huffed off...

And what is it about people weasling there way up the attraction lines to get ahead????????

And what the heck is up with the increasing problem of people NOT smoking in designated smoking areas????
I've been nearly burned and my son has been nearly burned by people waltzing along with their nasty cigs hanging from there fingers...
And let me just say the first person that burns my son may find themselves swimming in the 7 seas lagoon!!!!!:secret:

Geez, people act like they are never going to get there or be able to ride on anything!!!!!!!!!

So what's your rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goofiecrazy
05-30-2007, 11:30 AM
On one of my trips I was with the family I nanny for and we were at the entrance to MGM and the CM had a puppet on his hand and talking to a couple of girls and wasnt letting people out of the exit. Finally I told him get the puppet off ur hand and do ur job.He just looked at me like we had 2 heads and we let our selves out with the stroller.Never said sorry.
We were at the monorail waiting to get to the MK and I had the stroller folded and on the ground this woman rolled over it with her stroller and never said anything..I was like what the heck...
We were coming off the monorail from the MK to get the car at the ticket center and this woman bumped into the younger of the 2 kids I watch he fell and I said something to her and she called me a bad name and wanted to beat me up and gave me dirty looks till we got our car..

Terra
05-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Oh my goodness...what an utterly rude woman!!!!!!!

I'm telling you I'm becoming so vocal lately to rude people like that too!!!

When they start cussing at me I just smile and say hey Jesus Loves you too....LOL...

crazeedizneefinatic
05-30-2007, 12:53 PM
When don't you run into rude people? Almost every trip you run into people who line jump, push and complain. Maybe they are hot, maybe they are confused, maybe it's their first time to the World and they are oblivious of others. Whatever the reason it is annoying. One incident comes to mind, because it was so strange. I once was sitting on a bench waiting for the parade to start. Of course it was wall to wall people, there was no where to go. Well here comes a lady with a double stroller up the sidewalk! She was cursing and complaining. People were getting run over left and right, thinking about it now it's quite humerous! Anyway, she was using this stroller like a battering ram. There were people coming out of the ice cream store and she almost ran over this man who was engrossed in conversation and he litereally jumped over the stroller kicking the children in the head. Now he did not do it on purpose but he had no choice, she was running him over. She never even flintched. She kept right on moving when she could. It was quite unbelievable! I will never forget it. My Husband tells me I am too nice. I will not get involved with pushing or shoving to get in line. It just is not worth it, after all I am on vacation! I am supposed to be relaxing and destressing! My husband on the other hand has tapped people on the shoulder to let them know they rudely cut people off. Surprisingly he has never had anyone argue with him.

Marilyn Michetti
05-30-2007, 12:59 PM
People that explain, (loudly), what an entire attraction is about. They're usually not quite right, and it spoils the ride for first-timers.

Parents that change dirty diapers on benches, and throw them into bins by fast food places. I know all the trash is sucked into a main area, but still.......

People that give me dirty looks, and make nasty comments because they load me and my ECV first.

Strollers, and ECV's that don't watch the legs of the folks in front of them.:blush: (it wasn't intentional).

People who squeeze right in front of others on a parade route saying, "I have small children" - DAH !

O.K., that's all from me for now.:secret:

BrerSchultzy
05-30-2007, 01:26 PM
I know it's dumb, but I always get upset with the "Guy Who Knows Everything". You know..you're walking through the castle, and some guy says really loud (showing off, of course) that this is where Walt's head is buried. Or, my personal favorite, the guy who is leaving Space Mountain, and tells his group that he remembers when Space Mountain went upside down (cuz it used to in the 80s, before Disney sold out and became a kiddie park).

Oh...and everything else everyone else has said.

Disney Doll
05-30-2007, 02:09 PM
I gotta agree about the smokers and the people who manage to squeeze into a front row seat for a parade that is seconds away (always managing to squeeze out a family that has been waiting for some time to secure their prime spot).

BTW Terra, I still remember that when I was a kid and at a local parade, a guy behind us flicked the ash from his cigarette on my little brother. My brother wasn't hurt, but my mom was disgusted. She gave the guy behind us an ear full which is so unlike her. I don't think I'd ever seen her so mad. I agree that if any smoker accidentally burnt my child there would be a scene. I've seen some close calls, but thankfully no burns.

Jeff
05-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Remember folks. Let's not cross the line of good taste and family friendliness when writing about the rudeness of others.