PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #43

King Triton
05-30-2007, 09:13 AM
One area where Disney doesn't have a lot of accommodation options is handling families with more than four people. A couple of options that exist are the cabins at Fort Wilderness and suites at All-Star Music. Which would you prefer?

Y100Q44 will appear in the Dining thread, probably on Thursday.

Mickey91
05-30-2007, 09:19 AM
I voted FW Cabins. I have always wanted to stay there and for the money, I think it is a better deal. Closer to MK, and the fun FW offers!:mickey:

KAT1811
05-30-2007, 09:23 AM
I don't care for the set up of the AS suites. I would rather have full beds than deal with pull out chairs. We stayed in the cabins when I was a child and they were great.

We are lucky enough to travel with my parents and get adjoining rooms and place one of our children in their room so we don't have to worry about the extra bed yet. Plus our youngest is 7 months.

illini
05-30-2007, 09:26 AM
I just really don't have any desire to stay at an All Stars resort, so I went with the cabins. The only drawback to the cabins is the pool (or pretty much lack thereof), so if we were to take a winter trip, a cabin would be high on our list.

darthmacho
05-30-2007, 09:30 AM
While I love the All Star Music Resort, I voted for Fort Wilderness because I love the idea of the cabins, especially in a Disney-fied "wilderness" setting. :cap:

biodtl
05-30-2007, 10:16 AM
I'd easily stay in either, so it was a tough choice. I love the theming of All-Stars and I kow my kids would love the suites, but I love camping and the whole outdoorsy wilderness feel of the cabins. I went FW.

tink2006
05-30-2007, 10:54 AM
I voted for the All Star suites, eventhough the All stars are not for us. The pool, or lack of one, was the major deciding factor. We love to take an afternoon break from the parks and go swimming :mickey: :thumbsup:

kgoulash
05-30-2007, 11:52 AM
though i have never stayed at either the fw cabins look more fun, but i would go for a villa truth be told
:mickey:

Spaceship Tigger
05-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Honestly, though I would probably prefer FW, the AS Suites would probably work better for us. The pools are better and I don't like the idea of not being able to drive our car around in there (and having to rent a cart).

Kairi_7378
05-30-2007, 01:23 PM
FW looks like it would be a lot of fun! My family of 5 took a lot of camping trips when I was growing up so it would feel like we were all camping as a family again if we stayed at the cabins. The lack of a pool doesn't bother me because we rarely use the pool except at night. Whenever we are talking about WDW, DH nd FIL always have to say, "Fasten your seatbelts because this is the fastest ride in the Wilderness," which is what I think of when I see photos of the cabins.

Tynkerbelle
05-30-2007, 01:34 PM
I've never stayed at either, but I think the cabins at FW look pretty neat - hopefully we'll get to stay there someday. We considered it for our last family trip in Dec, but ended up with two connecting rooms at BC - it was more convenient since we were planning on a lot of time at EPCOT/MGM....

tinksmom02
05-30-2007, 04:37 PM
I've never stayed at either, but I think the cabins at FW look pretty neat ....

Ditto, although I don't think we'll ever stay there, with just the 3 of us LOL

WDWfeelslikehome
05-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Location of the cabins near MK puts them over the top for me.

GrmGrninGost
05-31-2007, 12:00 AM
I like the wilderness setting of the cabins, plus their close proximity to MK.:mickey:

BritCody
05-31-2007, 06:53 AM
We have a party of 5 and we have yet to try the All-Star Suites or the Cabins. In the past we have had 2 adjoining rooms at the All-Star Movies. So I would probably go with the All-Star Suites

avantgardeinker
05-31-2007, 10:26 AM
I voted for Fort Wilderness Cabins... Of course... That's if money was not a concern. I think it just has better theming.

189 more days!!
:mickey:

sleepingbooty
05-31-2007, 02:31 PM
We've always wanted to try Fort Wilderness (although probably in a pop up camper), so I picked that. The All Star Suites are a good deal though. I hope they build more of them at the other value resorts.

dolphinmickey9170
05-31-2007, 06:11 PM
I love FW. We went resort hopping this last trip and I was very disappointed with the AllStar resorts. They were extremely crowded, noisy and there were some very PUSHY people. I just don't find that relaxing.

BelleBeauty
05-31-2007, 09:23 PM
I chose FW cabins. The AS suites just aren't what I thought they would be. My first trip to WDW we stayed in the Disney Institute and had the same sort of setup - great to save some money and great for a family of 5.

January-2007
06-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Fort Wilderness Cabins, definately! We just love Fort Wilderness so this would be our choice for sure!

As a side note, I recently found out that my parents were going to take us to WDW when I was 3 and we were going to stay in the Trailers they used to have there. I could have stayed there already! The nerve of them not taking us then..... ;)

mdearmas
08-02-2007, 04:29 PM
absolutely FW by far. I love being in FW and driving a golf car and the campfire and everything about it.my family has fit 12 people in one of those things. LOL
:goofy: