PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about SSR-Just booked stay!

MickeyMousse
05-30-2007, 07:55 AM
With being blocked out at staying at my home resort-BCV- and our fall back resort BWV, I ended up booking our Nov vacation at SSR. We stayed there for one night in 8/05 and enjoyed the studio but did not experience much more than just the room. We are staying a few days in a studio then moving to a 1 bedroom. Tell me about the rooms, buildings, pool, buses, etc....Thanks!

GreenBeetle
05-30-2007, 11:21 AM
We really enjoyed our recent stay at SSR. We requested the Springs section because it is the closest to the main pool, lobby, food court, gift shop etc. We had a 2-bedroom that was very spacious and beautiful. The food court tends to be VERY crowded during breakfast. (SSR could definitely use another one since it's so HUGE.) But the food was pretty good.

Many people here will tell you their favorite section is Congress Park with its beautiful view of DTD. But you will have a bit of a walk to the main areas of the resort.

Zippy_D_DooDah
05-30-2007, 12:06 PM
We stayed in Congress Park back in December and really enjoyed the view and short walk to DTD. As GreenBeetle mentioned, it is a hike to the main area, but it wasn't too terrible. I always plan on a lot of walking anyway. Surprisingly I usually lose weight on Disney vacations.

We stayed in a 2-BD and found it very nice. We even want to design a garage apartment using the exact same floor plan.

The buses ran a little slow, but if you time it right, you'll be ok. If you stay in Congress Park, you can also catch a bus from DTD to the Contemporary and walk to the MK.

rsumrall
05-30-2007, 12:17 PM
I love these insights. I'm a new owner at SSR and have never even seen the property. I can't hardly wait until next Feb. to be there!

GreenBeetle
05-30-2007, 12:46 PM
I love these insights.

Aaaahhhh, the beauty of Intercot!! ;)

Ian
05-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Just curious, because we're new owners too and have never stayed there ...

A lot of these issues seem like they'd be solved by having a car (which we always do). Would you all agree?

Aurora
05-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Yes, a car is useful at SSR because then you're not limited to the buses to the parks. But I wouldn't bother driving from Congress Park to the SSR main building because the walk really isn't that far. It's no worse than the walk from some of the Poly buildings to the Great Ceremonial House. And it is quite pretty.

disneycouple2004
05-30-2007, 05:01 PM
SSR is our home resort. We really enjoyed it last October. Congress Park with DTD view, very quiet room, overlooking the pool, and the lake, the walk back to the main bldg is not that far, we enjoyed the entire stay, and we found out from Congress Park to DDT don't bother catching the bus, its a very short walk along the lake shore, and after shopping etc. catch the boat back across the lake and your not too far from your room !!..The only flaw i found is the food court needs to be much larger for this resort !!..Otherwise all is excellent :thumbsup:

enjoy your stay and Welcome Home !!!

May524
05-30-2007, 05:14 PM
My family and I stayed there May of 05. While I enjoyed the room, my family didn't. They preferred OKW hands down. Their reasons were the rooms were much larger, and they liked the "feel" better. However, the reasons I liked it b/c I enjoyed the feel! I loved the decor!

Zippy_D_DooDah
05-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Just curious, because we're new owners too and have never stayed there ...

A lot of these issues seem like they'd be solved by having a car (which we always do). Would you all agree?

We always have a car, but the only park we drive to is AK so we can get there faster for EMH. The only other time we use the car is the afternoon that we arrive to go to the grocery store. In comparison, I like the frequency of the buses at OKW better than SSR.

MickeyMousse
05-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Thanks for all the great feedback! :thumbsup: I was honestly concerned about trying someplace new to vacation at, but your posts have made me quite comfortable with my decision. Now only 156 days to go!!! :cloud9:

sillyolbear
05-31-2007, 08:46 AM
Enjoy exploring the property. My wife and I found it relaxing to walk around and enjoy the sights and the surrey bikes look like fun.

And a car probably would cut down on some of the issues on transportation.

Zippy_D_DooDah
05-31-2007, 11:22 AM
One of the things I like to do to kill time at work between trips is to pull up the WDW property on Google Maps or Google Earth. I like to get the lay of the land which comes in very usuful if you are going to be doing any driving while there.

You will have a great time at SSR. There is so much to do especially if you like to come back to veg in the afternoon. You can walk to DTD, boat back, or even catch a boat to OKW and hit the Gurgling Suitase for a pina colada. It's very relaxing, even when you are up and walking around.

MickeyMousse
05-31-2007, 03:38 PM
I Googled a map of the resort, so I have something to stare at for the next 156 days.....:mcoffee: Thanks to all for your input!

Sharon1026
06-09-2007, 03:24 PM
The pools are beautiful. We didn't have any issues with the buses. Our room was very quiet. The decorating of the resort is very "sophisticated" compared to some of the other resorts. Staff was very friendly. Room was very clean. We've had good views. You can walk to DTD.

Enjoy!!

:stitch2: