PDA

View Full Version : eating at Disney after lap band surgery

dtootsie42
05-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Ok, not sure if I am in the right section but since this does deal with eating thought I would place it here. I am having lap band surgery and after the surgery I will only be able eat tiny, tiny amounts. Trying to find out if Disney would be ok if I have a bite or two from either my husbands plate or one of my daughters. Of course this would not fly at the buffets, I'm mainly concern about table service. I was thinking an appetizer might work but even that is going to be to large to eat by myself. Any suggestions, thoughts, personal experience would be greatly appreciated.

baby minnie's mommy
05-30-2007, 12:55 AM
The Disney police won't be watching to make sure everyone eats their own food. :D Go for it. It's for a medical reason, not trying to cheat the restaurant. I often use the little bread plates to put food on for my toddler, instead of having to request a big one. Don't forget that the soups are very good, maybe that's another choice for you.

At Les Chefs de France I was gladly given another big plate for my toddler to share my food at no charge. She's only 2, but the receipt says "Extra Plate" with no price listed beside it, as if it would be the same for an adult.

mrsgaribaldi
05-30-2007, 01:15 AM
We went to Disney 3 months after DH had gastric bypass surgery:thumbsup:We shared all our meals. I remember we ate at Marrakesh and we had one main course and split it with no problem, they even brought us another place. Even now DH can not eat alot of food at once and we tend to share meals. Not so much anymore at sit down restaurants since I like meat and he likes fish but always at CS places. They usually give you enough for 2 anyway. We share chicken tenders, fish sticks, chili dogs, fries etc.
We always share appetiziers too without a problem, at sit down restaurants. I don't think it would be a problem if you wanted just an appetizer and no main course.
Good luck to you with your surgery:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
05-30-2007, 09:28 AM
You could also request a letter from your surgeon stating that you will be restricted in the amount of food that you eat. This will come in handy not only at restaurants at WDW, but in the "real" world as well. Some venues will accept this letter to allow you to order kid's meals.

Good luck with your surgery! I only wish I could have this procedure done but other medical issues stand in the way. :pixie: to you for quick recovery and the results you're seeking!

Willowwind
05-30-2007, 10:16 AM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]We went to Disney 3 months after DH had gastric bypass surgery:thumbsup:We shared all our meals.

I also went soon after a gastric bypass and was really nervous about my mom having to spend money on a whole meal when I could only eat a few bites. We found that there was no problem sharing and I was able to graze my way through the parks on a few bites here and there without a problem.

Good luck with your surgery!