PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania Construction Effects**Updated 6/26/07**

Figment!
05-29-2007, 09:25 PM
6/26/07

It has been internally announced that the Sorcerer Mickey Meet and Greet will re-open in the Magic of Disney Animation building Fall 2007. Concept art for the new location reportedly shows an elaborate scene depicting the Sorcerer's Apprentice segment of Fantasia.

It was also announced that the Mickey Avenue area closed to construction is tentatively set to be renamed "Pixar Place" when it re-opens.

6/25/07

Studios Cast have reported that the area closure has been pushed back to start July 8, 2007. This change was reportedly made to better handle the anticipated July 4th crowds. Additionally, it has been reported that park maps will reflect the closure of this area during the construction.

5/29/07

Most of this has been coved in the May Tidbits (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103538), but some more details have arised, which in combination, reasonably warrant its own thread.

----------------

Due to the expansion of Toy Story Mania Construction, the following changes have been internally announced to take place in the Mickey Avenue section of the Disney-MGM Studios park:

The Kim Possible Meet and Greet location will be moved to the Streets of America
The Friends of JoJo's Circus and Little Einsteins Meet n Greet locations will be moved to the Animation Courtyard near Playhouse Disney Live on Stage!
The Mickey Mouse Meet & Greet location will be moved to the Sorcerer Hat. The displaced Meet & Greet will be intermittent and feature Mickey in his Classic attire.
The park area between Journey into Narnia and the Backlot Tour Entrance will be closed to Guest traffic (see diagram below).These changes are tentatively planned to remain in effect through the End of 2007, although this has yet to be officially scheduled.

The construction expansion will reportedly allow for the construction of the Toy Story Mania attraction entrance and exit areas; as well as, a staging area for further facade work.

Diagram of Approximate Area Closed to Guest Traffic

wedway fan
05-29-2007, 09:45 PM
any more word on a tentative go-live date for this attraction?

Carol
05-30-2007, 07:32 AM
I was looking at that map and wondered what they were going to do during Star Wars Weekend since that area is heavily used for the event. Teaches me I should pay attention to dates. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update, Jason. :notworth:

cgriff
05-30-2007, 09:27 AM
This is quite a bit worse than just the bottleneck originally announced. This means a complete rerouting of major traffic within the park. Yikes!

Thank you for the update, Figment.

cgriff

Ian
05-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah, traffic in the Studios could get ugly during this time with that huge main artery shut down. Everyone who comes out of Animation Courtyard and wants to head up to the top of the park uses that corridor.

Now they'll be funneled back into the Hat area ... sounds like a mess waiting to happen, especially when all those character meet-n-greets are going on. It's already a mess during that and also during the High School Musical stage show.

Any estimates on duration for this closure? Hopefully, it's not until this thing opens in 2008!

JPL
05-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Just what the Studios let's make it more difficult to get around and more confusing :confused: I understand it needs to be done but I cna't vene imagine navigating without a good knowledge of the studios. I see lots of frustrated guests.

disneynorth
05-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Just out of curiosity..... What happens to the Toy Story area over by Muppets? Is it to remain??

pdrlkr
05-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks Jason! :thumbsup::mickey:

Figment!
06-02-2007, 03:36 PM
any more word on a tentative go-live date for this attraction?Still "2008".

Any estimates on duration for this closure? From above, "These changes are tentatively planned to remain in effect through the End of 2007, although this has yet to be officially scheduled." ;)

What happens to the Toy Story area over by Muppets? Is it to remain??At this point, this seems most likely. This area has yet to be mentioned in any rumours, reports or announcements concerning this project.

GrumpyFan
06-02-2007, 05:28 PM
As if traffic at the Studios couldn't get worse! This is a mess! What are they doing that requires such a long closure in that area?

WDWfanatic742
06-02-2007, 07:16 PM
I believe the building jets out into the street alot more than what WWTBAMPI did. Therefore, they probably are working on the road and maybe even retheming the streets a little to fit the ride.

The construction expansion will reportedly allow for the construction of the Toy Story Mania attraction entrance and exit areas; as well as, a staging area for further facade work.

Figment!
06-25-2007, 11:48 AM
**Updated**

battle beast
06-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the update!!!
:thumbsup:

Crow
06-25-2007, 04:48 PM
thanks!
traffic jam:(

Figment!
06-26-2007, 09:19 PM
**Updated**

Mickey91
06-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Does this affect the "One Man's Dream" exhibit?:confused:

Figment!
06-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Does this affect the "One Man's Dream" exhibit?:confused:Nothing announced so far does. :mickey:

Momof2boys
06-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks Jason !

Crossing my fingers that the Sorcerer Mickey Meet & Greet opens before or during our October 19-29 trip. It's something we do each trip and I'd hate to miss it ~

GothMickey
07-11-2007, 04:37 PM
it is officially begun. Mickey Avenue has been sealed off, walled up, and the process of changing it to Pixar Place has begun. Seems the name MGM will be staying, for a little while longer anyway. The parade Block Party Bash from DCA will be making its way to MGM in early 2008, with Stars and Motor Cars going away, but I do not know where. Bring on Pixar!!!!!!!

battlefield2freak
07-16-2007, 09:10 AM
so is there any pictures of the construction?