PDA

View Full Version : Monthly online scrapbooking day?

Caroleh
05-29-2007, 09:19 PM
I anyone up to having a monthly scrapbooking day? If you are just post if your interested and what day would be good for you in the month on June. We can work out details later. I'm usually good every other Friday or Saturday or any Sunday. So for the month of June I have this Friday off and then next week it'll be Saturday.

Seasonscraps
05-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Hey! Great idea! I would be into that. I am off on Saturdays and Sundays. I will be away 6/8-6/10 but otherwise June is pretty open.

Flower
05-30-2007, 07:15 AM
The weekend would be better for me as DH is home from work. On Fridays DS 3 yrs is home from daycare - no way would I be able to get anything done then!

conorsmom2000
05-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Carol, I'm definitely up for it! :thumbsup: But, the weekends will probably be a little hard now that the warm weather is here! So far I know the 9th and the 30th are out for me - Sundays are probably better than Saturdays, but whenever it is, I will try to attend! :mickey:

PeachyGal
05-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Sounds like fun! My June schedule is crazy busy on the weekends with baseball tournaments, company outing and vacation. I'll try to make whatever date is set. I'm not available on Friday, only Saturdays and Sundays.

What a great idea!! Thanks for thinking of it, Carol!:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
06-01-2007, 08:26 PM
A virtual crop sounds great and might just get me back to actually doing pages instead of just thinking about them!

Weekends are better for me, as I would only be able to participate after work on Fridays.

BronxTigger
06-01-2007, 08:28 PM
A virtual crop sounds great and might just get me back to actually doing pages instead of just thinking about them!

Weekends are better for me, as I would only be able to participate after work on Fridays.

Ditto!

Caroleh
06-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Since my recital is now out of the way and another performence tomarrow, I'll finally have time to get things done!!!

How does a Sunday sound? We can either have a challenge (for example, say we have to get a certain # of pages done) or just try to get as much as possible done (which sometimes is better since somethings take me longer to put together) or we could mix it up. We could post our pages as we get them done during the day so everyone can see where we're at and maybe every couple hours just check in with our progress and ask questions if we're stuck.

Any ideas?

Caroleh
06-08-2007, 08:15 AM
Anyone up to an online scrapbooking crop on Sunday the 17th?

Flower
06-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Fathers Day - we are off to Niagara Falls so I'm out. Have fun for everyone that's around!

ElenitaB
06-09-2007, 08:35 AM
I'd be up for Sunday, the 17th. With the recent events in our little family, it would be a perfect day to spend scrapping about our last trip to WDW.

Caroleh
06-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Fathers Day - we are off to Niagara Falls so I'm out. Have fun for everyone that's around!

Boy, I was having a duh moment...I forgot it was Fathers Day!!!:blush: Let's make it the last Sunday of the month. Anyone up for that?

I need to get my belly dance pictures done and by the end of the month I'll have both of my Middle Eastern parties done and I'll have the pictures of that.

ElenitaB
06-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Carol, you say the day and I'll be there!

Caroleh
06-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Carol, you say the day and I'll be there!

Let's do the 24th!!! I'll need that day because I'll be totally stressed and need to relax and scrapbooking helps me relax). (inventory for the store is on the 2nd)

Flower
06-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Ugh! My family picnic is on the 24th, and since I am the one hosting it this year I doubt I would even be able to get a page completed before or after it.

Have fun though! Gosh I need the incentive to get some Disney stuff done! Oh well, next month!

Caroleh
06-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Just a reminder..Tomarrow is our monthly scrapbooking day!!!! So let's get out our supplies and get ready to chat and scrapbook!!!

princessjojo
06-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Hey Carol, I think you have a great idea there. As much as I love to scrapbook, and need to get some done more, I can't participate too much for a while. I would love to sit in though and take some notes here and there. Going back to school at 30something, something takes up all of my scrapbook time for now. Boy do I have my work cut out for me when school's over next May!!!

I'm so envious of you all. Ya'll have fun!!!

Caroleh
06-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Does anyone have anything done? Sorry about waiting so long to post anything today, but when I got up this morning my internet and cable were both out. We called our provider and they said that it was our service and they weren't going to fix it until tomarrow. SO, we took off and looked to see how far along our house was and to work on picking out tiles and stuff for the new house. Then, of course, when we got home the cable and internet were both back up.

I woke up about 1 this morning and the creative bug had biten so between 1:30 and 3:30 am I got 2 pages done and another 2 pages almost finished before taking off. I'll post them a little later. I'm looking forward to seeing more pages!!!

ElenitaB
06-25-2007, 12:26 AM
I should have marked this on my calendar... I totally forgot. :blush:

conorsmom2000
06-25-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm sorry, I forgot too! :blush: And the funny thing was that I was scrapping all day! Today is (finally!) the last day of school so I decided yesterday to make bookmarks (Using the cricut and the Animal Kingdom cartridge) for Conor's classmates! I spent all day working on them... you can see them here (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/gallery/3052828), but silly me laminated them (but hadn't trimmed it yet) before I thought to take pictures so they are a little hard to see. I made 30 of them all together - a lot of work, but a lot of fun - I am loving the cricut!! :thumbsup:

Caroleh
06-25-2007, 08:12 AM
Oh, Jen those are so cute!!!!!! I'll try to get pages uploaded today. I'm hoping to get some scrapbooking done today. I have tons of my bellydancing photos to get done, plus my DD grad and my house pictures.
I need to relax before my inventory, this week I have to get my drapery fabric in order so I'll be exhausted for the rest of the week.

Flower
06-25-2007, 08:24 AM
Oh Jen, they are so cute!

We were involved with the family picnic all day, last minute groceries in the morning, picnic in the afternoon, clean up and down time in the evening.

I am HOPING DH will take the boys to his parents afterwork tonight for a swim, give me some mommy time and maybe I can get some scrapbooking done.

DH and my moms boyfriend finally got my slat wall shelf moved into the scrap area yesterday too. My LSS re-did the store and was giving the wall away, it is 4' x 6' shelving. Another LSS is going out of business so I was able to get racking CHEAP to go on the slat wall! I will post pics once I get it set up, I am thinking of putting most of my Disney stuff on it. :mjump:

Caroleh
06-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Lea-ann, that slat wall just gave me an idea what to do in the art studio when we move into the house...I'm going to figure our what will work in the sewing studio. Right now I have my 12 x 12 paper stored into pizza boxes. The printed one in one, plain in another and Disney themed in a third. All I know is that when I go WDW, I better take TONS of pictures, to use that paper up.:mickey:

Flower
06-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Carol, that is why I am hoping to use the slat wall for my Disney stuff. I have a paper keeper with the Disney paper in it - it is bulging! I have a huge box of Disney stickers & embellishments, I have the Disney 'hat box' from WDW with my Disney stamps and punches in it. I love my cropper hopper for everyday papers, I bought the dividers with my moms day gift certificate.

I really should go and take before/after pics before I get started. DH has agreed to take the boys to his parents for a swim so I can have mommy scrapbook/organization time tonight. I need to get my Design Team stuff finished before I play with the wall.

Caroleh
06-25-2007, 05:09 PM
I have the my pages uploaded...I also upload the progress of the house with it.

Here's the link: http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/557865366qVXpGV

Caroleh
09-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Just checking in to see if anyone was still interested in this, since school is now over and things are getting a little more normal, if there is such a thing!!

So if anyone is still interested, just let me know!!

ElenitaB
09-05-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm ready! :here:

I'm getting into the scrapbooking mood! Say "when" and I'll be there!

conorsmom2000
09-05-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm in! :D

I just added a Cuttlebug to my scrapping tools (for anyone who doesn't know - it's a die cutter/embosser - I bought it for the embossing because I love how it looks! Not to mention Provo Craft is coming out with a ton of Disney embossing folders... :blush: :mickey: ) So, I want to get busy making cards to have on hand for various things within the PA at Con's school (for gifts, holidays and thank you's, etc....)

kakn7294
09-05-2007, 07:54 PM
I could be interested. I still have to get my latest Disney trip pics developed. 573 pics that need edited takes a lot of time! I'm not entirely sure how this works though so I'd appreciate it if someone would fill me in!

ElenitaB
09-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Kathy, are those 573 digital pics or traditional film pics?

If they're digital, you might want to check out digital scrapbooking. There are lots of resources out there. One of my favorite is scrapgirls.com, where you can find tutorials (inlcuding some free ones), a generous digital "starter kit," and e-book (free) about digital scrapping. Some other sites that have digital scrapping resources include Two Peas in a Bucket and Scrapbook Bytes. There's also a magazine, called Digital Scrapbooking (they have s site by the same name). I'm sure others will pipe in with other resources.

kakn7294
09-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks Ellen! I'll check those out. My pics are digital but I like traditional scrapbooking so I do get them printed, at least for our Disney trips. However, the digital scrapbooking might be perfect for all those other pictures that I never print and scrapbook.

Caroleh
09-07-2007, 11:04 AM
I haven't tried digital scrapbooking yet. Is it very hard to do? I love working with paper, and all the little things that goes along with it, but I'm also a geek at heart. I was thinking if I did digital it would save space for the new house.

For a date, how does Sept. 16th sound?

PeachyGal
09-07-2007, 12:35 PM
I am still interested. The 16th will be out for me, but I'd love to catch up the next time.

I'm in scrapbook mode and have been diligently working on something a little almost every day. I have found that, since I am so behind, I need to focus on one event at a time. Like right now, I'm updating DH and DS sports books. I just ordered some pics from Walmart that will get both books up to date. That is my project for the weekend. Once those 2 are up-to-date, I'm going to focus on 2006. My Disney trip is a seperate book, and to be honest, I'm burned out on scrapping Disney!! :( So, my thoughts are to update 2006, start on 2007, do my Hawaii trip (which is in a week), and then finish Disney.

And of course, this is all depending on my staying focused!!!

Caroleh
09-16-2007, 02:31 AM
Okay, I know I posted the 16th for our scrapbooking day, then I forgot to post reminders because it has been a busy stressful week for me. Is it okay if we postpone this until the 30th?

I havea 3 day seminar coming up for work next weekend and I still don't have my outfit done, because I keep changing my mind!! Also since it's almost 2:30 am I really don't see me getting much done later on. I'll try to post reminders on the 23rd and then later on in the week when I get home. I'll also try to figure out exactly how we're going to do this.

Does this sound okay to everyone?

ElenitaB
09-16-2007, 02:46 AM
Works for me, Carol. I'm going to put it on my calendar and start gathering embellishments for the pages I want to do. Thanks for pulling this together.

Flower
09-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Have fun on the 30th - I won't be able to make it....I will be at Disney World!!!!! 11 more days to wait!!!:mickey:

conorsmom2000
09-16-2007, 09:00 AM
I can't do the 30th, but I hope it works out for the rest of you! We're throwing my Dad a surprise 75th birthday party that day! :party:

ElenitaB
09-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Well, today was the 30th and I scrapped! Haven't done this in a long time... I made a thank you card (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/560895366qKMbtz) for the crew members on the Disney Wonder who made our cruise incredibly magical, sprinkling pixie dust every step of the way. I'll be printing these out on matte photo paper and then trimming them to size (it will make sense when you see the "pages"). I'll embellish them a bit more with ribbons.

The "S" page's GIF file got messed up but it doesn't have much except for some personal journaling laid down on top of vellum.

conorsmom2000
10-01-2007, 07:31 AM
Well, today was the 30th and I scrapped! Haven't done this in a long time... I made a thank you card (http://http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/560895366qKMbtz) for the crew on the Disney Wonder
Ellen, I don't know if it's just me, but I can't get the link to work...

Caroleh
10-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Ellen, I don't know if it's just me, but I can't get the link to work...

:ditto:

ElenitaB
10-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Fixed the link in my post, but here it is again (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/560895366qKMbtz) (just in case). :badpc:

conorsmom2000
10-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Ellen, that came out amazing!!! :thumbsup: You did an awesome job - was it very hard to do? I am super impressed!! :mickey:

ElenitaB
10-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Not too hard... once I figured out how to do things in Photoshop Elements that are second nature to me in Photoshop. This digital scrapbooking is fun (and easy). I think a hybrid between the two will be my favorite way of scrapping from now on.

Caroleh
10-01-2007, 07:12 PM
It looks great Ellen!!! Do I get to find you to help me figure out digital scrapbooking?

ElenitaB
11-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Well, yesterday (3 Nov) was Digital Scrapbooking Day, so I spent some time fiddling around. A few of you have asked how to get started... I found an online class at the disneyfamily site, and did it (they have a learning center (http://learningcenter.family.go.com/) on the site and you'll find the class listed there). If you're interested, hurry! The class is over on 8 November. :(

It took me a few hours to complete the course, but it was worth it. Very good intro to digital scrapbooking and it was all FREE! (Always a good thing in my world and HIGHLY unusual in the world of scrapbooking.)

Anyway, here are the two pages that I created during the course. The first (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2939911570091682051VCYBMm) was incredibly easy to do as it was created with a supplied template. The second (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2049002170091682051EhVjzt) took more time but the results aren't too bad, if I must say so myself. :cool:

Caroleh
11-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks, Ellen!!! Your pages are great. I'm going to have to try it!!

kakn7294
11-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Ellen, those pages are awesome! Now you've inspired me to look into the digital scrapbooking world. My only question is this: after you create your page, is there a way to print it or is it trapped in a virtual world, only viewable on the computer?

I answered my own question (sort of) - on the site it says that they will teach you how to print your work. Now my only problem is that when I try to enroll, I get a blank white page. I guess I'll have to keep trying. BTW, it now says enrollment is through Dec 6 and the course runs until Dec 13 so it must update frequently.

ElenitaB
11-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Depending on the size of your layouts, you can print them out right from your home photo printer (I generally do 8x8 pages so I print out my pages on matte paper using my HP Photosmart printer). If you're doing a larger layout, such as a 12x12 or a full-bleed Letter size, you can send a file you create (a JPG) to a developer or have them bound into a book. The final lesson in the course mentioned above does teach you how to format and save your works of art, and how to upload them (of course, to Sony's online service but all the major photo services work the same).

Just in case anyone happens to see Santa, please tell him I've been a pretty good girl and would like a large-format printer. :blush:

Flower
11-07-2007, 09:22 AM
Elenita, your LO's look great!

CarolEh, Did you go to the craft festival in Toronto a few weeks back? My mom had surgery that week and was staying with me so I was not able to go. I am planning on going to Scrapbook Festival in Oshawa on Nov 17th. Oshawa just got a new scrapbook store too! It is right off the 401 at Bloor/Harmony - the owner used to be the manager at Family Preserves before it closed - her new store is nice!

Caroleh
11-11-2007, 10:10 PM
CarolEh, Did you go to the craft festival in Toronto a few weeks back? My mom had surgery that week and was staying with me so I was not able to go. I am planning on going to Scrapbook Festival in Oshawa on Nov 17th. Oshawa just got a new scrapbook store too! It is right off the 401 at Bloor/Harmony - the owner used to be the manager at Family Preserves before it closed - her new store is nice!

I usually don't go to the fall show, I don't like going downtown, plus parking is WAY to expensive. The scrapbook festival sounds like fun, but I have to work.

I haven't been getting scrapbooking done lately. My favourite scrapbooking store moved and reopened the beginning of October and I've been there only once and that was opening day. Hopefully, after this trip and the move I will get things done.

Caroleh
11-19-2007, 03:10 PM
I've been scrapbooking all day today. I've almost finished 7 pages of my house scrapbook. I just have the journaling left to do and I'm done with those pages, then it's on to update my grand niece's and nephew's pictures.

Flower, I've found out how to do clip art on the Silhoutte now!!! Now I'm getting even more cooler pages!!! It has more then paid for itself now!!! How did the Scrapbook festival go?

Flower
11-20-2007, 11:42 AM
What's the trick with clip art? I have to say, I have not spent alot of time playing with it and I still need to.

The festival was okay - there were only 20 vendors so it was quite small, I only bought 3 pieces of apper and some rub-ons, I think I spent more on admission than on purchases! I did a few make n takes and enjoyed doing them, I think it was a nice morning to get out, but I would not re-arrange plans to go next time, and I don't think I would drive here if I were you!

They are talking about holding them twice a year in 2008.

Congrats on knocking out those pages! Good for you!!! I am hoping to work on some stuff today but have been sick all wknd with this stupid cold/sinus thing - Ben just went down for a nap so I am going to try to get some sleep too. Be sure to post the pics/LO's of the new house!!!

Caroleh
11-20-2007, 09:26 PM
What's the trick with clip art? I have to say, I have not spent alot of time playing with it and I still need to.

It's really easy, here's the instructions:
1. Click on the "Load File" icon OR click on "Insert" on the drop down menu and select "File"
2. Locate your image by going to the folder where you saved your image
3. Select the image and click "Open"
4. Place the image within the red cutting area and size to desired measurement
5. Click the "Get Outline" icon OR click on "Edit" on the drop down menu and select "Get Outline"

It works best with a .bmp or .jpg file.

Here's the house pictures (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2083834120093439642QRlZct)that aren't scrapbooked in the photos. I'll try to get more photos up after I do more scrapbooking tomaorrow. I'm going to try to do the photos of my grand niece and nephew if I find the time.