PDA

View Full Version : Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights

Mary Chase
05-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know the actual dates of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights? It seems like when we usually go (Nov.) it is not up yet. Planning on going late Nov-early Dec and was wondering if it was going to be up by then.

Thanks!

SgtTigger
05-29-2007, 10:37 PM
we go the week before Thanksgiving and they are up and running.........

It is a must see for us.....

:cop: :tigger:

MickeyMousse
05-30-2007, 08:01 AM
They'll be up by the time you go. We're going 11/4-11/15 and were told by CM that they'll be up by the later part of our stay.

Mickey91
05-30-2007, 10:51 AM
They will be up! Definitely a must see! Make your accomodations soon!!! We had to split our vacation the first week of Dec last year because all the resorts were booked! Took 2 months to even get a Pop room for the last three nights.

wedway76
05-30-2007, 11:22 AM
We’ve made several Thanksgiving week trips and they used to go up that weekend. I believe that they were up on Thanksgiving Day. I have heard that they are going up even earlier now so they should definitely be up while you are there.

Mary Chase
05-30-2007, 11:47 AM
They will be up! Definitely a must see! Make your accomodations soon!!! We had to split our vacation the first week of Dec last year because all the resorts were booked! Took 2 months to even get a Pop room for the last three nights.

I thought the week after Thanksgiving/early Dec was "a good time to go" because the crowds were low. Wondering why you had trouble getting a room? I do not want to go when it's crowded - was it crowded when you went?

merhon2
05-30-2007, 12:06 PM
The event schedule posted on this site says:

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights
Disney-MGM StudiosNovember 12, 2007 - January 6, 2008
Welcome back this popular tradition as millions of lights add their brilliance to the backlot cityscape.

Golf Grumpy
05-30-2007, 08:39 PM
We usually go the week of Thanksgiving and they have always been up.

WVParkfan
06-01-2007, 08:28 AM
We saw them this year for the first time (December 28th). What an awesome show!

As I watched, I couldn't help but think how long and complicated of a task it would be to put them up.

Disney CM's certainly earn their money!