PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch "The View" today, May 29

JoDisney
05-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Not asking anyone to take sides and do not really want to discuss that, as that has been beaten to death in the news. Just wondering if anyone watched the show today. Did Barbara discuss the fact that Rosie was leaving the show now rather than mid-June? Did Elisabeth say anything? I am just basically curious. Thanks.

snifflesmcg
05-29-2007, 05:58 PM
I was watching the news and it had a clip of Barbara annoucing that Rosie will not returning for the last 3 weeks. I'm sure you can probably find it on CNN.com or youtube.

daisyhead
05-29-2007, 06:27 PM
I watched it. Barbara made it very clear that Rosie was not fired, nor asked to leave early.

Elisabeth said they are talking and are on the "path to forgiveness."

2Epcot
05-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Did Barbara discuss the fact that Rosie was leaving the show now rather than mid-June? Did Elisabeth say anything? I am just basically curious. Thanks.

Babara Walters started the "hot topics" portion of the show by talking about Rosie deciding on her own to leave the show 3 weeks before her contract ended because of the incident last week with Elisabeth. Barbara made a point to say how much they loved Rosie, and that she was not fired from the show. Barbara also said Rosie hated the split screen they used, but it had been used before.

Elisabeth said she and Rosie we were on road to reconciliation and that they exchanged messages. I don't believe she made an apology.

My personal feeling on the split screen was that it was just a director's decision to make it easier to follow the conversation. I was watching last Wednesdays show when the argument happened. The View is know for its quick cuts between the cameras, but when you have two people going back and forth so much, and talking over each other, from a director's perspective it is much easier to just put them in a split screen then to keep cutting back and forth.

GreenBeetle
05-29-2007, 09:10 PM
I watched it too. And probably for the last time. I only tuned in each day since Rosie came to the show. I never cared for Meredith or Star (and especially Elisabeth), so I was very happy when Rosie joined the show.

Not trying to start a heated debate, just sorry to see Rosie go - especially that way.

NotaGeek
05-30-2007, 01:47 AM
MODERATOR ALERT

We have already had one thread involving Rosie go in a bad direction. The original intent of this thread is to discuss JUST if you watched the show today, Tuesday, May 29. Rosie is gone, some will be happy some won't, but that debate is NOT the intent of this thread.

If you watched the view today, welcome to the discussion, but that's the only topic please.

Disney Babe
05-30-2007, 02:53 AM
I watched a teeny bit of The View today. I wasn't able to watch more. Truthfully, I am a Price is Right fan, but that will soon go into reruns for the summer so maybe I will switch soon. Whoopi Goldberg was guest hosting. I wish she could be on every day. I love her and think she is very intelligent.