PDA

View Full Version : Six Guests Hurt on Kali River Rapids

PawleyPlatoon
05-29-2007, 04:41 PM
I just read on the Drudge Report about some type of mishap on Kali River Rapids -- Tuesday, May 29, 2007:

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - Five Walt Disney World visitors and an employee were injured Tuesday after a water ride that simulates a trip down a rain forest river malfunctioned, authorities said.
Disney spokeswoman Jacquee Polak said the injuries were not life threatening, but she couldn't be more specific.

Polak said it was not immediately clear what happened on the Kali River Rapids ride, but somehow it malfunctioned about the point that guests transfer from floats to a walkway. The ride simulates a river rapids trip through a rain forest in the Animal Kingdom part of Disney World.

"Nothing like this has ever happened," she said.

Disney closed the ride to investigate."

We're sending pixie dust and prayers...:pixie:

ibrowse17
05-29-2007, 05:25 PM
I hope all involved are well and back in the parks soon:thumbsup:

mousetrapper
05-29-2007, 05:35 PM
When I heard about this, I had a feeling it happened when the boats offload...that part always seemed a little tricky to me, what with the rocking boat, slippery surfaces and shoes, etc. And the platform you step onto is moving, if I remember correctly...is that right?

Hope everyone's ok!

Melanie
05-29-2007, 05:39 PM
This is already being discussed in News, so I am closing and directing discussion there.

Thanks!

Accident at Animal Kingdom (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=105875)