PDA

View Full Version : Mid-November?

Roo Girl
05-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Unfortunately due to my schedule at work, I had to move our October DL trip to mid-November (Nov 14-18 to be exact.) I say 'unfortunately' because I really wanted to see the Haunted Mansion transformation for Nightmare Before Christmas - but maybe next year...Anyhoo- what do I have to look forward to in mid-Nov- crowds? Holiday decorations? Weather?
I am very very excited- this is DH's and my first trip EVER to DLR and we're looking forward to it very much.:mickey:

disneydrmr
05-29-2007, 04:27 PM
My understanding is that the Haunted Mansion does the Nightmare before Christmas transform before Halloween and remains in place thru the Christmas holiday.. am I wrong in this? I'm going the first weekend of November and was looking forward to seeing it also.

NotaGeek
05-30-2007, 01:54 AM
You are correct. HM stays in Nightmare mode from the middle of October through the 1st week of January.

Roo Girl
05-30-2007, 03:26 PM
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! You all just made my day. I was bummed thinking that we'd miss the Haunted Mansion transformation and now I find out we're in like flynn! What awesome news! :thumbsup:

How are the crowds in mid-November? It is after the Veteran's Day holiday so I'm hoping it isn't too nuts. :mickey:

piratedonald
06-02-2007, 10:20 PM
instead of starting a whole new topic i'll ask my question here. since crowds were asked about for mid november, how are they over thanksgiving? we're thinking about maybe going then. we know wdw would be silly to go to then, crazy crowded but how about disneyland?

thanks!

tinkwest
06-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Pre Thanksgiving is one of the nicest times of the year to visit DLR. The weather is pleasant and crowds have not yet become crazy. Once it gets to Thanksgiving week the crowds will definitely intensify.

The week following Veteran's Day you will probably not only be able to enjoy holiday Haunted Mansion but also it's a small world holiday version. You may be a little early for the Christmas Fantasy Parade, but may catch the Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks.

Disneyluvr2
06-04-2007, 11:48 PM
I think you'll be very happy with your trip dates Roo Girl! I've gone the weekend before Thanksgiving for the last few years and loved it! All the Chirstmas decorations are up and the Christmas parade usually starts that weekend too. My favorite thing is the snow on Main Street after the fireworks! It's so magical! The weather is usually nice during the day and cooler at night. One year they were filming the Disney Christmas Day Special that weekend and we got to be in it! The week days shouldn't be crowded at all but expect it to be busier on the weekend. Have fun!

mjm12000
06-26-2007, 03:14 PM
It is like getting all of the Benefits of Christmas with out the crowds. We went last year in November, and all the Christmas decor, parades and shows were up and running as was the Haunted Mansion Nightmare Before Christmas (totally awesome). The weather was awesome, but the weekend before Thanksgiving weekend was crazy crowded. There were times when I had to stop and get off the path just to get out of the crowds. But I have only every visited in the off season so it was a bit of a shock to see what Disneyland looks like when it is at near capcity, thankfully it was only on our last day which was the Saturday the week prior to thanksgiving weekend. The first part of the week was like having Disneyland all to yourself.