PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Kitchen & Bath Supplies

Hoboken_NY
05-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Can anyone tell me what a cabin's kitchen & bath come stocked with, in terms of pots, pans, utensils, dish soap, paper towels, etc.?

Thanks so much,
Mike P.

Not2Loud
05-29-2007, 02:15 PM
The basics are all there, including paper towels and dish soap. I always make a point to bring aluminum foil with me though.

Don't expect anything other than basic pots and pans and utensils.

MartyS
05-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Google "Jeff Spencer Fort Wilderness FAQ" for a complete list

dizne4me
05-29-2007, 03:59 PM
I was really surprised at how well stocked the kitchens were. They have everything you need for a little home cooking--you'll find your basic pots and pans (I believe there is even a roaster), 2 coffee pots (lg. and sm.) all your silverware, plates, cups and saucers (although I usually buy a new,bigger coffee mug)--they even have a plastic pitcher - (I like to make my own iced tea). They also include your dishwasher detergent, dish detergent and a scrubber pad--of course, paper towels and cloth towels. The bathrooms have everything you'll need including an abundance of towels and washcloths. Of course, they include your Mickey shampoo and soap.
We find the cabins to be the best deal on Disney property - we are a family of 6(hotels don't cut it for all of us at one time)

AuntLaura
05-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Just to add to what the other responses have been: there is a nonstick frying pan, a 1 1/2 or 2 qt pan with lid, an 8x8 glass baking dish and a colender. My sister will usually bring along her favorite silicone pan to bake some cookies while we are there. There are 6 plates, 6 small bowels (cereal-type), 6 salad plates, 6 Ball pint- size glasses with handle, and 6 small coffee cups. There is usually one serving spoon that is a little larger than a soupspoon (in addition to the regular silverware There are "steak knives". If you want a really good paring or cutting knife, bring your own. Be careful to use the powdered soap in the dish washer and not the liquid soap (my brother did that and there were soap bubbles all over the floor). The bathroom is well stocked with towels and wash clothes.

mom4disney
06-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Don't forget the salt and pepper. You may need additional coffee filters and coffee. In the kitchen you will find almost everything that you could ever want. I did find that I needed a larger tea pitcher. I believe that the one there is smaller than one gallon.
I also like to bring along something to put on the table outside. We eat most of our meals on the deck, and it is nice to have a cloth on the picinic table. I also like to bring along a magnet for the fridge. I post the schedule of events for each day so that everyone can see what is going on. It stops the question of, "What are we doing today?"

Hoboken_NY
06-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks to all!