PDA

View Full Version : Aerosmith Rumor/RnR consequences?

Diznee4Me
05-29-2007, 01:48 PM
The Daily Buzz reported this morning that Liv Tyler stated that her dad - Steven Tyler - was thinking of quitting Aerosmith because he felt "unappreciated." Buzz then added that Liv Tylers publicist said this was untrue. (Maybe more info will be released about this soon.)

Anyway - it got me thinking. If this did happen - what do you think would happen to RnR? Would the ride have to change? Would Aerosmith be ousted for another band? Do you think Disney had a contingency plan in case something like this happened? (Could you imagine the band breaking up prior to or soon after the ride opened? A publicist nightmare to be sure!)

What do you think?

Juniorunc2001
05-29-2007, 02:21 PM
I think they picked Aersomith bc they will never break up. They have been together so long, and done so many things they will never break up. They will follow w/ those bands that are
just always together.

If they do, I would imagine a different band would be incorporated. It is the RNR featuring Aersomith - so they would feature someone else!

Diznee4Me
05-29-2007, 02:29 PM
I think they picked Aersomith bc they will never break up. They have been together so long, and done so many things they will never break up. They will follow w/ those bands that are
just always together.

If they do, I would imagine a different band would be incorporated. It is the RNR featuring Aersomith - so they would feature someone else!

When I asked if Disney had a contingency plan - I forgot it is called "featuring." I guess that is the contingency!:D

Juniorunc2001
05-29-2007, 02:34 PM
This might sound wierd, but when i was there last year, I actually thought of what they can do in the future - way in the future - when Aerosmith is not as popular.
After i rode this ride for the 3rd time, i finally decided it is very neat that Aerosmith is there, but they could easily replace them w/ someone else.
I dont want to see this, but it will happen in the futrue when their popularity dies down.

GrumpyFan
05-29-2007, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, even if they split, which I don't see at the moment. But, even if they did, I would guess that Disney has the kind of contract where they could continue to use the band's name in spite of their status. Besides, with the kind of popularity and as long as they've been around, I think they've earned the "classic" status, which means they will be around (on radio at least) forever, or at least a very long time.

Clotho
05-29-2007, 03:08 PM
A lead singer leaving does not breakingupoftheband make. Nor does all their music and contracts instantly go away. I am certain that Disney has a contract in place for a set period of time, and that it was negotiated with mucky-mucks and not Steven Tyler himself, ya know?

And I agree that it would be great to see the "featuring" change from time to time!!

DizneyRox
05-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Nothing would happen...

As others have said, the contract is with Aerosmith I'm sure, so whoever retains the rights to Aerosmith would then make the decisions on future contracts. Until the current contract is done though, nothing will change.

And also, it's RnR featuring Aerosmith, it could esily be featuring Ozzy Osbourne, Sanjaya Malakar or whoever agrees to the next contract.

Juniorunc2001
05-29-2007, 04:18 PM
If it is ever the RNR featuring Sanjaya - they will need to redo the ride and make the hills and drops a little more steep!

wedway fan
05-29-2007, 04:33 PM
there's no reason the attraction even needs to feature a real band- it could become the generic "rock and roller coaster", and feature a disney-created band with either random rock and roll tracks or songs created specifically for the ride.

with the popularity of all the actors-turned-singers on disney channel, i wouldn't be surprised if when the aerosmith contract is up, that one or more of the teeny-boppers-du-jour wind up in this attraction.

Jasper
05-29-2007, 05:03 PM
I just wanted to say ditto to what the others are saying about the contracts and all not depending one iota about wether the band is current, alive, popular, etc. From a contract standpoint the individuals who made up the band don't really exist. The band members become nothing more than another of the individuals taking a check out of the enterprise. As such, contracts can go on just about forever.

As for Aerosmith being "hot," that is not an issue either at this point because they are still such a part of the collective culture that they don't have to be "hot" to be of value to Disney.

Both of these situations are proved day in and day out by the number of deceased or no longer "hot" artists that are used in advertising, movies, television, etc. every day.

Bottom line is that while I have no more clue than anyone else if Steve Tyler is staying with the band or not, I really don't expect it to impact WDW or RnR for the near future.

magicman
05-29-2007, 05:18 PM
I heard that the back-up plan is to change the "featuring" band to The Bee-Gees. The RnR will be slowed down & the tunes will include "How Deep Is Your Love" and other groovy tunes.;):blush:

master_gracey
05-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Disney engineered that ride to be easily changed. They knew that Aerosmith would eventually fall out of favor long before the ride's lifespan would end.

This way, WDW gets to change the soundtrack (which is easy and cheap to do) replace a few signs and shoot some new footage for the music studio preshow, and change the blacklight theme elements in the show building to something else. They can change very little of the ride, and then bill it as a new attraction without spending a lot of money.

That is one of the best attraction ideas Disney ever had.

snifflesmcg
05-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Whether it's true or not, I don't think it will change the ride much. Aerosmith are icons and will never disappear. They could use that theme forever. I'm sure they realize that Steven Tyler is almost 60 so how much longer will they be going strong. Another 20 years? Not only that, think about Epcot.....British Invasion with the music of the Beetles.

dlpmikki
05-29-2007, 05:49 PM
When I first went on the ride I thought that it was not a real band - it was not for several years before I discovered Aerosmith were a real band! :blush:

Diznee4Me
05-29-2007, 07:39 PM
I heard that the back-up plan is to change the "featuring" band to The Bee-Gees. The RnR will be slowed down & the tunes will include "How Deep Is Your Love" and other groovy tunes.;):blush:

too funny :D

Dracula766
05-29-2007, 10:43 PM
When I first went on the ride I thought that it was not a real band - it was not for several years before I discovered Aerosmith were a real band! :blush:

hmmm...

Rock & Rollercoaster featuring SPINAL TAP:rocker:

"this one goes to 11" :thumbsup:

TiggerRPh
05-30-2007, 12:18 AM
Two words....Michael Bolton!

:cool::cool:

MinnieMommie
05-30-2007, 06:51 AM
I would hope that Steven Tyler leaving Aerosmith is only an unsubstantiated rumor however even if it is true I don't see how it would affect the ride. Areosmith is Aerosmith. The Beatles are no longer together but Cirque is using their music for a show. The music lives on. :mickey:

cgriff
05-30-2007, 09:21 AM
I believe that I read in the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2007 that Disney "settled" on Aerosmith, because the Rolling Stones and U2 wanted too much money!

I think it turned out for the best, since Aerosmith is an American band.

:drummer:

Stu29573
05-30-2007, 10:20 AM
hmmm...

Rock & Rollercoaster featuring SPINAL TAP:rocker:

"this one goes to 11" :thumbsup:
"That's one more iddinit?"

It could go through Stonehenge!

wedway76
05-30-2007, 05:12 PM

Actually think that if Disney decides to drop Aerosmith they might just create a fictitious band for the video introduction, just drop the "Featuring" in the ride name, and play generic rock music.

GrumpyFan
05-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Actually think that if Disney decides to drop Aerosmith they might just create a fictitious band for the video introduction, just drop the "Featuring" in the ride name, and play generic rock music.

You mean like, Hannah Montanna? :laughing: Now that would rock, at least for the teens.

Piglet822
05-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Hopefully this is just a rumor :fingers:
I did check the official Aerosmith fan club website and they are announcing another world tour for 2007. Nothing was mentioned about any of the members not being there.

What is Idle Prattle For?
05-31-2007, 02:25 AM
Keep in mind that 'Aerosmith' was Disney's second choice for the music.....

Originally, it was to be 'The Rolling Stones', but whatever royalties the band wanted made management look elsewhere....

Personally, I'd like to hear U2 doing 'backup', (Imagine "The Fly", "Zoo Station" and "Even Better Than the Real Thing" blaring through this ride ! ( :D

Alas, I suppose that'll never happen.

But, one can dream, can't one ?

Stu29573
05-31-2007, 09:06 AM
How about The Hives? Of course they would have to speed up the ride quite a bit.....:rocker:

MinnieMommie
06-01-2007, 06:32 AM
How about The Hives? Of course they would have to speed up the ride quite a bit.....:rocker:

And in this case no one would complain about the speed! :mickey:

future_imagineer
06-01-2007, 09:08 AM
I hope this doesn't happen, although if it does, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney kept them... Remember, WDW is the romanticized real world!

Although a U2 edition RNRC would be really cool! I can imagine "New Year's Day," "Beautiful Day," "Vertigo," and "Elevation" playing throughout right now!

disneyboy98
06-02-2007, 08:08 PM
As of right now, an Aerosmith spokesperson has released a statement that there is no truth to the rumor.

Liv has also said that she did not even mention her dad when the supposed comment was said.

As a huge Aerosmith fan, I am hoping this is correct and that the band will be the RRC spokesmen for along time to come.

:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
06-03-2007, 04:14 PM
If they did break up, how about the Eagles. That would be cool!! There's nothing like Joe on guitar!!