PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Party in WDW?

snifflesmcg
05-29-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't know if this is the right section to put this in but I'll give it a try. My friend has a son that will be turning 5 next September (2008). She would like to have his birthday party in Disney. Does anyone know if there is a private area or space she could get in order to have a small party?

tarzan_rocks
05-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Our kids have had many a birthday party at the WDW restaurants, mostly the character meals. Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary is always fun. Playhouse Disney Play n' Pine is fun if they like the PHD characters like mine do. Our favorite is Ohana. The reason is that it's a family style meal instead of a buffet. We can all sit at the table and enjoy the party instead of having to keep getting up all the time to get food. Tell the cast member when you book your res that it's your kid's birthday and again when you check in. They will add a special birthday touch.

One other thing to think about. Since we spent so much time at the restaurant for the party some people in our party preferred not to use one of their park days that day. So we have usually held our parties in resort restaurants instead of park restaurants.

tr

Strmchsr
05-29-2007, 02:43 PM
You can get all of the info on WDW Birthday Parties in Info Central here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp).

AwPhooey
05-29-2007, 02:44 PM
My family was at WDW for my 23rd birthday, but we didn't have a party, per se.

During the planning stages of our vacation, my parents let me choose where I wanted to eat lunch or dinner on my birthday; I chose CRT and was not disappointed :mickey:

Other than that, the day was like any other at WDW except that when we got back to the room at night, we had a cake and I opened presents. Conveniently, I'd asked for Disney Dollars so I was able to buy all sorts of stuff while on vacation.

Dedivah
05-29-2007, 03:01 PM
My DD turned 2 last July at Disney. She loves PHD so we had her party at Hollywood and Vine's Play and Dine w/ Play House Disney. We ordered a cake and she danced with the characters from the shows. She had a great time.

She will be back again for her 5th birthday so I am looking forward to some thing bigger this time. ;)