View Full Version : What do you drink on a Disney Cruise?
05-29-2007, 11:54 AM
I've read conflicting information on whether soft drinks and bottled water are included in the cost of a Disney Cruise. I then read this excerpt from the terms and conditions that clarified my confusion.
ďThe cruise portion of the fare does not include shore excursions (including excursions to St. John), sightseeing or meals ashore in the ports of call, gratuities, alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, bottled water, laundry or valet services, or any other items not specifically included.Ē
If soft drinks and bottled water are not included, what do you drink? Do you bring your own drinks? What do soft drinks and bottled water cost? I assume you can get water with your meals to avoid being charged anything extra. What about fruit punch or lemonade? Are they available and do they count as soft drinks?
Thanks for your responses.
05-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Soft Drinks are included in the restaurants and on Deck 9 from a self service station open 24/7. The beverage station also has coffee, hot water and some non carbonated beverages.
Only issue is depending on where your room is it can be a trip upstairs.
If you order soda from a waiter/bar/roomservice it will come in a can and you will be charged.($1.50 I think plus auto 18%)
Bottled Water also has a charge.
We packed a travel bag full of water and canned beer that we got a supermarket night prior. This way in our room we had beverages and we had bottled water for shore excursions.
We also had ice delivered to our room each day. If you put ice in a ziploc bag and place it in your fridge(cooling box) then it will get colder.
Currently the policy I believe for bringing liquor on board is allowed.
If you buy duty free liquor on the cruise you will not get it until end of cruise. I do not know policy of buying liquour on islands and bringing it on board. In theory if they let you have the liquor you have free mixers from the beverage station on deck 9. Have not tried this.
05-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the information, but Iím still confused. It sounds like sometimes you are charged extra for soft drinks and bottled water and other times you are not. Let me pose some scenarios and maybe someone can answer their understanding if you get charged extra in that case or not.
1. Iím eating at Tritonís and I order a Coke with dinner.
2. Iím eating at the Beach Blanket Buffet and I order a Coke with breakfast.
3. I order a Coke with my lunch at Plutoís Dog House.
4. I go to Pinocchio's just to get a Coke.
5. I order a Coke with a room service snack.
6. I get a coke at the beverage station on deck 9.
7. I order a Coke from a deck waiter.
8. I get a Coke while on Castaway Cay.
Any other scenarios you can think of?
Thanks for helping clear this up.
05-30-2007, 09:49 AM
We're cruising for the first time this September, so I am collecting all my information as well. Here's the way I understand the soft drink situation: Soft drinks are included during meals and at the self-service station on deck. If you order a soft drink from a bar or room service, then there is a charge. I didn't think bottled water was included at all. (I'm going to check my Passporter book again.)
If I'm wrong, I hope we get some final clarification. :mickey:
05-30-2007, 10:09 AM
1. I’m eating at Triton’s and I order a Coke with dinner.No additional charge
2. I’m eating at the Beach Blanket Buffet and I order a Coke with breakfast.No additional charge, they have a beverage dispenser
3. I order a Coke with my lunch at Pluto’s Dog House.I believe this one is a charge, but you can walk 50 feet to the beverage station for free.
4. I go to Pinocchio's just to get a Coke.Same as #3
5. I order a Coke with a room service snack.Charge
6. I get a coke at the beverage station on deck 9.No additional charge
7. I order a Coke from a deck waiter.Charge and 18% gratuity added on
8. I get a Coke while on Castaway Cay.Depends. If you get a coke from the beverage station, there's no additional charge. If you order it at one of the bars, there's a charge and gratuity added.
Any other scenarios you can think of?You can purchase snacks and drinks at the theatre, you'll be charged. Coke ordered at any one of the bars, lounges or Cove Cafe will be charged.
05-30-2007, 11:01 AM
OK one question I do not know answer to since I have never been in the LOFT or the Stack.
What about if you get a coke in the teen club?
05-30-2007, 12:21 PM
That's a good question and I'm 99% sure the answer is that you are charged for drinks at the teen clubs. That includes soda, smoothies, coffee drinks, etc. Basically, anything that comes across the bar top. They're more than welcome to bring in their own drinks from the beverage station.
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.