PDA

View Full Version : What Would Your Character Meal Be?

BritCody
05-29-2007, 07:18 AM
Yesterday at our Memorial Day Picnic we were discussing Disney and the topic came up about Character Dining. The main gripe was that there is basically 3 groups of characters at the meals. Mickey and Friends, Pooh and Friends or the Princesses in some form or another and we would like more of a variety.

My question is if you could design a Character Dining Experience. What Characters would it be? Would you put it in an existing Restaurant or would you build and theme a new restaurant?

For me it would be a Character Meal in MGM themed around Star Wars Characters. The restaurant could be themed like the Cantina from the Original Movie and I would be okay with any Star Wars Characters in attendance.

For what it is worth our family vote was won by Character Dining with the Seven Dwarfs

Mousefan29
05-29-2007, 08:50 AM
A few years ago, they had the villians dinner at the Grand Floridian. That was loads of fun -- we especially liked it because it was different! There was Capt. Hooks, the Queen of Hearts, Prince John, and Govenor Radcliffe. Lots of great pictures!

Mickey'sGirl
05-29-2007, 08:55 AM
I love both of your ideas, and would eat at each! Somebody once posted about a wish for a Villains Cafe! :darth::malef:

I would love a Pixar meal..... Buzz, Woody, The Incredibles, Mike and Sulley -- hey maybe even Lightening McQueen.....

ElenitaB
05-29-2007, 09:18 AM
As a proud WDW-lovin' mom of a WDW-lovin' SON, I'd love to see a character meal for BOYS. No princesses need attend, please! The characters could be both "old school" like Peter Pan and "new school" like the Pixar characters. We still enjoy the character meals with Pooh and friends, and with Mickey and friends (particularly breakfast at 'Ohana and lunch or dinner at the Garden Grill), but I know that he would have loved to have had the opportunity to meet, greet and eat with the Toy Story crew when he was younger. And now there are even more great characters.

P.S. Love the idea of the Star Wars cantina! This would be a great thing for MGM Studios and would appeal to Star Wars fans of all ages. :thumbsup:

beksy
05-29-2007, 09:47 AM
I really liked the idea of a meal with all 7 of the dwarves. It seems impossible to get to meet most of them any other way and Snow White has always been a favorite. I would definitely go to that one! :eat:

krose78
05-29-2007, 09:50 AM
As a proud WDW-lovin' mom of a WDW-lovin' SON, I'd love to see a character meal for BOYS. No princesses need attend, please!

Thank you, I whole heartedly agree. I have two boys and Ohana Breakfast with Stitch was the best I could do. My oldest(6) would love the Star Wars one or any of the others mentioned, girls are icky right now so the princesses don't really excite him.

cruellalvr
05-29-2007, 10:32 AM
I know I am partial to Dalmatians(hence the username and the avatar), but what ever happened to them? I would love to see something for them...maybe eat out of CLEAN doggie dishes for the kiddos...lol. I think kids would love that! Just an idea...:blush:

MickeyandTink
05-29-2007, 11:09 AM
I would vote for the Pixar characters, especially from Toy Story and The Incredibles. DD "loves" the princesses, especially Ariel, but DS could care less. He's into cars and animals.
For a Counter Service place, how about Flo's V-8 Cafe? It seems a natural for a restaurant near Tomorrowland Speedway.

illini
05-29-2007, 11:28 AM
I love the Star Wars idea. My DS would flip. Pixar would be loads of fun, too (and my DDs wouldn't complain, either).

I also think they desperately need a face character meal for boys. Pirates, anyone? Oh, wait. Maybe that's not for DS but for mommy. Jack Sparrow. swoooooon.

disney100%
05-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Another vote for a Toy Story themed character meal. My son absolutely loves Buzz and Woody. He does enjoy Chip and Dale and Goofy at some of the others, but I think the Toy Story characters would make his whole vacation!

tracy65
05-29-2007, 01:10 PM
I have to go with the Seven Dwarfs both girls and boys would love it, or huey duey and louie

tinkerbell04
05-29-2007, 01:31 PM
I too would like to see one with the Pixar characters maybe skewed a little bit more for boys. I know that my nephew feels slighted in the character meal category!:mickey:

snifflesmcg
05-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Oh do I have a few ideas on this subject. First, I think with all the new Pixar movies, the older classics don't get the exposure they deserve. How about Dumbo, Bambi, Peter Pan, Jungle Book ect. Also, how about the Muppets? That would be a great place for MGM! I second that of having a Villan dinner too!

kgoulash
05-29-2007, 03:22 PM
i agree with a couple of posts,
one i would like to see more boy orientated events as well to counterbalance all the princess stuff! a peter pan or pinocchio breakfast would be great
i also love the muppet idea, i think that is my favorite!

Momof2boys
05-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Our 2 boys are begging for a "boy breakfast" too - I think Toy Story would be a great idea. Personally I'd love the villians meal.

This October, we've bribed them to try Crystal Palace (Pooh & Friends is too "babyish" for them) for breakfast . . .

disneydrmr
05-29-2007, 04:23 PM
A pirate's themed one would be neat... have Jack Sparrow, Capt. Hook, Smee, Peter Pan...

Toy Story would also get my vote. Would love to see a Cars themed one - not sure how they would do that - unless they have Lightening, Mater, Sally, etc.. in various spots around the eating place and you get to 'meet' them as you are led to your table to eat...

jenperich
05-29-2007, 04:59 PM
A few years ago, they had the villians dinner at the Grand Floridian. That was loads of fun -- we especially liked it because it was different! There was Capt. Hooks, the Queen of Hearts, Prince John, and Govenor Radcliffe. Lots of great pictures!

Do they still have this meal?? My boyfriend would die if I planned that for our trip! That's the one thing that he said he would want to do.

ElenitaB
05-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Pirates, anyone? Oh, wait. Maybe that's not for DS but for mommy. Jack Sparrow. swoooooon.
Now that would work for us moms and their sons... of course, the boys would be eating and the moms would be drooling! ;)

Jared
05-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Do they still have this meal?? My boyfriend would die if I planned that for our trip! That's the one thing that he said he would want to do.
The villains meal at 1900 Park Fare was discontinued several years ago. Different characters reside at the restaurant now.

[QUOTE=disneydrmr;1302234]A pirate's themed one would be neat... have Jack Sparrow, Capt. Hook, Smee, Peter Pan...
/QUOTE]
This idea was my first thought. Between the success of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie franchise and overall popularity of Peter Pan characters, a pirates character meal would be a hit.

KCMom
05-29-2007, 07:54 PM
I would really, really love to see a meal geared toward boys...Power Rangers, Buzz & Woody, Incredibles. We have outgrown Pooh & friends and Princesses (DD is 11). DS is 5 and now we want action and adventure characters. I still can't believe Disney changed their minds about this type of meal last year at Hollywood & Vine. I have a hard time believing that JoJo and the Little Einsteins are in that much of demand that they warranted their own meal. :confused:

Suz36
05-29-2007, 08:36 PM
I love the Flo's V8 Cafe idea! Peter Pan would be my vote for a character meal. Wouldn't it be great if they brought Tinkerbell in?? Even without talking, the interaction would be so fun!

Nicki'sMom
05-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Oooh a Pirates of the Carirbean theme would be AWESOME! And adding Peter Pan and Smee and Hook-such a great idea. I think Disney hired the wrong people!!!!! You would think with all of their resources that they would be more on top of these things. Even though I have a little girl, she would go nuts for a pirate character meal. Can you imagine getting an ADR for that one? LOLOLOL

tinksmom02
05-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Now that would work for us moms and their sons... of course, the boys would be eating and the moms would be drooling! ;)

I was thinking about this the other day. They could do a lot with a pirate theme, although it might work better at a resort. Create a Black Pearl restuarant, with characters from the movie, and serve pirate grub, and rum for the moms and dads LOL

BTW DD would be drooling, as well. Only 4 1/2 and she has quite the crushes on Cpt. Jack AND Will Turner (actually, I think she likes Will better).

disneydrmr
05-30-2007, 08:55 AM

BTW DD would be drooling, as well. Only 4 1/2 and she has quite the crushes on Cpt. Jack AND Will Turner (actually, I think she likes Will better).

Hmmmmm... with all the drooling going on they would have to hire extra CMs to do :mop:

LibertyTreeGal
05-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Ditto on all the requests for a boy character meal -- my boys are six now and we aren't doing one this fall because they just aren't interested in what is available.

Toy Story meal for us!!! But we would also attend a pirates meal or star wars!

Mom2princesses
05-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Even though I am a mom of 2 girls I agree that they should have a character meal geared for boys. It doesn't seem fair that the girls have the princesses. There are lots of great suggestions on this thread.

Now for me I would love the star wars character breakfast that would be great. Oh and Jack Sparrow that would be wonderful too!

Maleficent's Dad
05-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Boys meal = GREAT idea
Star Wars = Great idea
Pirates = Great idea

But I have to vote for those villains to come back!!! :thedolls::malef::thedolls:

WelshieLover
05-31-2007, 11:58 AM
Suz36 - I could not agree more! Peter Pan, Hook, and Smee for the boys, Wendy, Tink, and Tigerlily for the girls. Throw in some of the mermaids for the men and we have a great character meal! And don't forget Nana!