PDA

View Full Version : Swan & Dolphin;Mini Bar

ToDisney
05-29-2007, 12:39 AM
I'm not sure if we have decided. But, we are looking into a trip in December.
We have never ever stayed at a Deluxe and might, possibly have the chance to stay at the Swan or Dolphin Resort. Our fav of the Disney Resorts have been POR.
Does anyone have any suggestions about how the Swan rooms are v/s the Dolphin? We won't be paying the extra for a special view, just a standard room.
Also what's the details of a mini bar? Is it that much different than just having a refrigerator in your room? I mean aside from it having hotel snacks inside. Can't you still use some space for your own things?
:mickey:
Thanks for anything ya'll can tell me this isn't a decision we will make easily.

daisyhead
05-29-2007, 01:15 AM
We stayed at the Dolphin a couple of times. I really love it there. The location of the two hotels (Swan and Dolphin) is awesome because you can walk to Epcot, stroll the boardwalk, take the boat to MGM or Epcot and that's my favorite thing about it.

The MiniBar is a TEENY TINY fridge with very little room. By reshuffling items in it, we were able to make a bit of room for a few of our own things. But, don't plan on stocking the fridge with tons of your own cold drinks or milk. We were able to get the milk, small one, in diagonally. I think, for a fee, that they will empty the mini bar for you and let you use it as a fridge.

We've never paid extra for a special view either and I would stay there again in a heartbeat! I'm actually a little nervous about our upcoming vacation because we will not be in that boardwalk area and I feel like we are going to miss it!

Good luck with your decision! :)

ToDisney
05-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks, it's funny you mention the milk. Thats one of the main things we usually keep in the refrigerators at the other resorts. (and a couple of bottles of water)

I see that you stayed at the Dolphin. Any reason you picked one over the other??
I was actually leaning toward the Swan.

Also, there wasn't anything on the AAA page about paying for parking. But I read it somewhere. Do you happen to remember?? (or how much):blush:
Thanks again!!

Have a good time your trip is just around the corner!:mickey:

MOJoe
05-29-2007, 12:09 PM
The Swan and Dolphin are great resort hotels. You will be very comfortable. There is little difference in the rooms. The Swan has 2 queen beds, while the Dolphin has standard size. The hotels themselves have a few differences. The Swan has a smaller lobby and fewer restaurants and bars. The Dolphin has the Grotto Pool and sand beach, but guests of the Swan have access to it, as well as its own lap pool.
It makes little difference to my family which hotel we book.....we love them both!

DawnluvsEeyore
05-29-2007, 06:00 PM
We've stayed at both the Swan and the Dolphin. I'd choose the Swan again because of the size of the beds (queen vs doubles.) We didn't use the fridge, we just used our cooler and replenished the ice daily. It worked for us. The location can't be beat! :mickey:

ToDisney
05-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Thanks everyone I really appreciate your help. Plans have slowed down a little and we will probably make a decision between the Swan/ Dolphin; Bonnet Creek (where there is a kitchen) or a less expensive PO Riverside. But that will be a week or so, hope I don't miss any of the discounts I've been watching.
:mickey:
Thanks again for the input!!