PDA

View Full Version : how often do busses run from parks?

septembergirl
05-29-2007, 12:26 AM
How often can we expect the busses to run from the parks to the resorts?

For instance, if we have ADRs at Boma at 8pm, when should we plan to leave and catch a bus from AK? Do the busses run continually or might we have to wait a while?

marlyn
05-29-2007, 12:34 AM
The buses are supposed to come around every 20 min or so...sometimes it is sooner, sometimes a but later. AKL is only about a 5 min bus ride from AK. I would leave the park at 7:00 to catch the bus. If you arrive early, you can look around resort. It is beautiful.

mook3y
05-29-2007, 09:29 AM
The buses are supposed to come around every 20 min or so...sometimes it is sooner, sometimes a but later. AKL is only about a 5 min bus ride from AK. I would leave the park at 7:00 to catch the bus. If you arrive early, you can look around resort. It is beautiful.

I totally agree! Definately allow some time to look around the resort.

Typically we eat breakfast at Boma on the day we visit AK. The resort is so close that we never waited over 10 minutes for a bus.

But I would still allow plenty of time to get there.

Also, strolling around the lodge after dinner is a nice way to relax after a filling meal. :D

septembergirl
05-29-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks. I am really looking forward to visiting AKL and dinner at Boma's for the first time!

joelkfla
05-30-2007, 12:41 AM
AKL also has a large gift shop with lots of African crafts. It's easy to kill some time there.

JPL
05-30-2007, 12:09 PM
I agree with the 7:00 estimate the buses are dicey at best during the day before park close.
If you arrive at AKL early you can also find a nice spot and watch the animals on the savannah.