PDA

View Full Version : September Spectromagic & Wishes Help!?!?!

disneyfan328
05-28-2007, 10:08 PM
I was doing some thinking today while I was out with my Family enjoying Memorial Day. It didn't get dark here in Pittsburgh until after 8:40 or so. I checked the park schedules, and I see that the week we are there 9/22-9/30 the Mk is open roughly 9-9 with spectromagic @ 8pm and Wishes @ 9pm. Has anyone seen spectromagic during this time, and does it lose the effect if it is still daylight (I would assume yes??) I am truly concerend about this since we won't be turning the clocks back until the first week in October. Anyone have any input on this or know if maybe the times will be re-arranged due to them extending daylight savings time????:confused:

I am really trying to get our days and nights planned out, so any help on this would be great:thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
05-28-2007, 11:09 PM
The sunsets between 7:15 and 7:22 at the end of September so I think it will be plenty dark at 8.00 for the parade.

jennifer99
05-29-2007, 08:27 AM
We were there last year at the same time. It was dark when the parade started. Not pitch black but plenty dark to see the parade and all its lights. It was really nice because as we were sitting waiting for it and the sun was setting it was not too dark. :mickey: The timing of it was just right.:mickey:

artyboy
05-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Don't worry..Disney is great at planning!

It will definitely be dark enough to enjoy Spectro and Wishes at that time of year!

Have fun!

Jeff G
05-29-2007, 09:59 AM
By the end of September it's dark by 8:00 in Orlando, the Sunset for that week is before 7:20.

We have been to WDW several years running over the same time period. If I remember right Fantasmic! starts at 8:00 and it's always been plenty dark by the time that starts to enjoy it.

disneyfan328
05-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Right, but isn't this the first year that we won't have turned the clocks back by then? That is my concern, we will be on the same time then as we are now, and now it's not getting dark until after 8:30??? (I am in the same time zone as Orlando) Over the summer (busy months) it won't matter since the parades and stuff are scheduled later due to the parks being open later, but I noticied that in September they close relatively early ~ Or am I missing something?? :confused:Maybe those 3 days off in a row did something to my brain.

Seasonscraps
05-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Right, but isn't this the first year that we won't have turned the clocks back by then? That is my concern, we will be on the same time then as we are now, and now it's not getting dark until after 8:30??? (I am in the same time zone as Orlando) Over the summer (busy months) it won't matter since the parades and stuff are scheduled later due to the parks being open later, but I noticied that in September they close relatively early ~ Or am I missing something?? :confused:Maybe those 3 days off in a row did something to my brain.

No, we used to turn the clocks back at the end of October/beginning of November. This year it is scheduled for 11/4. Last year it was 10/29.

disneyfan328
05-29-2007, 07:47 PM
see i knew I would have an ah - ha moment. I was thinking it was usually at the beginning of October, I have my months all messed up. Thanks for straightening me up fellow intercotters. It is much appreciated!! Like I said 3 days off can really mess with the mind!!