PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Radisson - Port Canaveral??

GreenBeetle
05-28-2007, 09:50 PM
We're flying in to Orlando the day before our September cruise. I'm having a hard time justifying the price of the Hyatt Regency MCO ($189) and the Disney transfer ($70/person x 4). I'm leaning toward a one-way car rental from the airport, then staying at the Radisson Resort at Port Canaveral.

Any thoughts on this hotel? I'd like to hear it all - the good, the bad and the ugly!

Piglet822
05-29-2007, 09:43 AM
I haven't stayed there myself but I've heard from several people that it's a very nice hotel. They also offer (or at least they used to) a free shuttle to the port for hotel guests.
Have a good time on your trip :sail:

FatCat
05-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Hyatt is definetly convienant. If you have AAA you can get it for about $159 and it includes two adult breakfast buffets.

Look on Hyatt site for AAA rates.

For 4 people you may be able to book a round trip town car/van(From Hyatt) for less and then travel at your own pace. You can get a grocery stop included too. You need to do the math.

The Counrtry Inn and Suites near the port is a good hotel to look in. It is fairly new and includes breakfast(continental+) The room price does not include transportation to ships. You need to factor that in. I paid $89 for a room back in January. For convienance you may want to do rental car one day but for two days. Drop family and luggage off at port and then take cab from rental counter back to ship.

You have lots of options. It all boils down to paying for convienance.