PDA

View Full Version : MK - AAA lounge & Parking

RaRaRoundTheWorld
05-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Has anyone used the AAA lounge in the Magic Kingdom? What is it like? What perks does it have? Has anyone found pictures of the lounge?

Also, are the AAA diamond parking spots for the Magic Kingdom really closer to the front?

Pirate Granny
05-28-2007, 10:09 PM
I've never seen the lounge, and the MK parking, but I have seen the EPCOT and the MGM and they are indeed close...in order to get those spots, you have to book the entire trip through AAA...I tried just to get the parking pass, but that was a no-go. Now, I just booked AAA rates through MJ, but will not have a car, so don't know if I would still be eligible...

Have a great Time:pirate:

PrincessEmmasMommy
05-29-2007, 11:03 AM
The lounge in MK is small but nice. I don't know about the parking, but stumbled upon the lounge once. It offers a free beverage and nice restrooms. It is also air conditioned so it is a nice place to cool off. It has a TV and that is about it. Very simple and small, but they will not let you in unless you book through AAA. We are members and they didn't let us since we booked our own trip last time.
Good Luck!
Jen

Soul_Power
05-29-2007, 11:40 AM
So if you try to use the lounge do you have to show them your travel documents or something? I booked my entire trip through AAA but I didn't reserve a spot for Story Time. Is this only for Story Time participants?

kakn7294
05-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Unless they have reopened in a new location,it was my understanding that the AAA lounge closed sometime around last April. It was located in the Carousel of Progress building - the gate was next to the Galaxy Palace Theater. You had to show a voucher in order to be admitted and receive a free can of pop or use the bathroom. They also offered AAA services such as changing travel plans or booking future stays. The AAA Storytime takes place (again, unless they changed the location since December) in the Town Square Exposition Hall way in the back of the building where the little theater is located. You also receive a voucher for this and must make a reservation for a specific day and time. I've never used the parking, but I've heard it all depends on how busy the "regular" lots are as to whether it's any closer. You have to show a special paper that they give you to park.

kathiep
05-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Wedidn't use the lounge but we did the the AAA parking.

In all of the parks it was extremely close! It was usually the first section right after the handicapped parking.

Now, we used it in September which isn't usually a very busy time. So things could be different at peak attendance times. But knowing how close my car was, I couldn't imagine waiting for a bus.

tinksmom02
05-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Wedidn't use the lounge but we did the the AAA parking.

In all of the parks it was extremely close! It was usually the first section right after the handicapped parking.

Now, we used it in September which isn't usually a very busy time. So things could be different at peak attendance times. But knowing how close my car was, I couldn't imagine waiting for a bus.

Same here. We used it in Jan/Feb and never needed to use a tram to get to MK. 'Course, that time of year is not as busy as others, and generally we were at the park first thing in the AM. The diamond lots CAN fill up, although we've never experienced that. The best diamond parking lot, we thought, was at AK.