PDA

View Full Version : base tickets vs. park hopper

frogprincemom
05-28-2007, 08:26 PM
I do not post much as might become apparent as you read on, but it seems to me that it would be cheaper to purchase base tickets with more days than actually needed rather than tickets with the park hopper option. are you allowed to say purchase an 8 day base ticket for a 4 night stay on the Disney with Dining plan rather than a 4 day park hopper. this way you could use 2 tickets a day to go to 2 different parks rather than purchasing the park hopper option which is more expensive???

Hope this makes sense and i hope there is someone out there with the answers. Thanks!!

Faz316
05-28-2007, 08:35 PM
I might be wrong but I believe that the turnstile woud recognize that you were in a different park either and a cast memeber at the gate would inform you that your ticket is only good for the park that you were originally that day. It would be a good idea if it worked.

Tygger7
05-28-2007, 08:35 PM
I don't know if it's an option to purchase more days than you're staying, mainly if you're booking a complete vacation package. I guess I've never looked at that as an option...going with the Park Hopper option doesn't affect the cost that much, and it's totally worth the flexibility. There are many days that we start out at one park, and find it's crowded and move to another park. Or, we'll hit one park in the morning, and do dinner at another park. We just like being able to come and go as we please, in case we change our minds mid-way through the day. I think it would be a lot cheaper to go the Park Hopper route...if you want to save $$, I'd consider skipping the water park option...if you do decide to go to a water park, you can easily buy a day pass. Hope this helps!

BMan62
05-28-2007, 08:39 PM
You cannot use more than one day of a park ticket for the purpose of park hopping.

If you wish to go to different parks on the same day, you MUST purchase a park hopper ticket, or multiple single day tickets.

JPL
05-28-2007, 08:40 PM
The MYW base ticket is good for one park per day. It will not allow you to use 2 days admissions at 2 different parks on the same day. If you want to Park hop the hopper options is the only way to go.

mttafire
05-28-2007, 09:34 PM
The MYW base ticket is good for one park per day. It will not allow you to use 2 days admissions at 2 different parks on the same day. If you want to Park hop the hopper options is the only way to go.
Yep, One park per day...:mickey:

Disneyfun
05-28-2007, 11:02 PM
The only way that this would work is if you bought seperate 1 day tickets or 2 Four day tickets as mentioned previously. They would have to be the paper ticket types as the tickets that are programed onto the room cards would not allow you to use the ticket at a second park on the same day no matter how many days you purchase.

If you did do the option I first mentioned, it would defintely cost you more than just adding on the park hopper option.

I do wish that they had tickets like they did when EPCOT opened - all tickets were park hoppers! :cloud9: