PDA

View Full Version : DVC point roll-over month?

CandleontheWater
05-28-2007, 07:34 PM
So I went and took the DVC tour today and we're nearly sold! I just had a few questions. My first question is about the month you "get" your years allotment of DVC points. The DVC salesperson told us that they would give us December as our roll-over month, and I was wondering if any of you had any imput on whether one roll over month was better than another. In other words are there advantages/disadvantages to having a certain month, is there a "best" roll-over month?

vizsla
05-29-2007, 05:27 AM
When you receive your annual point allotment that would be called your "Use Year." There really are no advantages/disadvantages with your "Use Year" allotment by month. I do find it a little easier to manage your points if you like to go on vacation (Example: Fall), so you look for a "Use Year" of Sept., Oct, or Nov. This way you know your point allotment is available and ready to use at the time of year you like to go on vacation.

GAN
05-29-2007, 05:50 AM
The use year becomes important If you vacation during the same month EVERY year, then you might pick a use year right before or during the month you travel, for one reason only: If you need to cancel one year, you are still within your initial 100% banking window that Disney designates as the first 6 months of your use year. For example, you get your points in December(Use Year) and book a February vacation, if you need to cancel for some reason you still have another 10 months to use the points or 4months or so to roll the points(bank) into next year. In the same scenario, you book an October vacation and need to cancel -those points would have to be used(or lost) before December 1st. Hope this isn't too confusing.

Ian
05-29-2007, 09:18 AM
I agree with the above ... our use year is December, which works out really well for us because we always like to go down the first or second week of December for Christmas.

Since our use year starts 12-1, we know we'll always have points (unless we borrow them) available for that trip.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-29-2007, 10:34 AM
I agree with the other posters too. Our use year is September. It works well since that is the month we go to WDW 95% of the time.

Tiggerish
05-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Our use year is December, we usually go to WDW in May and November, and haven't had a problem yet. This year, my DH has just been told that he can't have the Nov. week he picked, so I have to cancel the stay by the end of June to save those points.