PDA

View Full Version : Brother and Sister Disney Trip Day 1...Exhaustion!

grego77
05-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Hey everyone! To say what was said in the pre-trip report:

Me: Greg (23)
My sister: Amanda (19)
Date: May 18-22

We woke up at 4:30AM on Friday after not sleeping much. For me, I had been out late the nite before in Boston watching an AMAZING jazz singer Jane Monheit (check her out if you can...she's unbelieveable!). I slept only around 3 hours.
We uneventfully got to Logan Airport around an hour before boarding. We got great seats and had a sleep-filled 3-hr flight on Delta direct to Orlando. Upon arrival, we went straight to ME and checked in. We had to wait a while before Pop Century could get on a bus, but Amanda was VERY happy that the welcoming video on the bus had captioning. A GREAT way to start the trip.
We arrived at Pop Century around 11:30ish. We had little wait and our CM gave us a room in the 50s Tramp building in the back (view of Hourglass Lake). Apparently the people who stayed before us had kept feeding these 3 mallard ducks (2 male...1 female). Throughout the whole trip at 8pm, they would come by and not stop harrassing me until I fed them...they almost got in my room once!!! The last nite I actually went to EVERYTHING POP and bought 4 slices of bread for their last supper (2 white and 2 wheat!!!). Anyway, back to the trip.
The room was great, a great location. We quickly unpacked and got ready for Magic Kingdom. By now it was around 12. We got on a bus immediately and got to MK around 20mins later. We headed straight for Space Mountain and got a FP and went to lunch at Cosmic Ray's. The line was long, but the food was good. We then went to Buzz Lightyear and didn't have to wait in a line at all for it. From there we went to Fantasyland and did Winnie the Pooh, Philharmagic (unsuccessfully with the captioning :mad:), Small World, and Haunted Mansion (with only 2 breakdowns...a record for us!!! :D). We then went to Space Mountain for a last ride before going to Epcot for dinner, but as we got there, the ride was broken and we got a FP for anytime we wanted.
We left the park and got on a monorail for Epcot. We sat near a couple who was speaking to a Jungle Cruise CM. I overheard him speaking about how next year is going to be a BIG YEAR OF REFURBISHMENTS. He specifically mentioned Jungle Cruise being down for around 6-8 months next year, and Space Mountain possibly being down for close to a YEAR! I was very shocked by this. He also mentioned Disneyland and how California Adventure's name is going to be changed VERY SOON to have Disney in it (getting rid of California in the name altogether).
After eavesdropping, we arrived at Epcot. It was GORGEOUS with flowers and topiaries made of plants. At the front of the park they had a topiary of Captain Hook with Peter Pan, the crocodile, and a really well done Stitch! We went right to the Rose and Crown to see if we could get in early. It was hot, and we were both STARVING :cool:! We got seated around 10mins later, and had a table overlooking the lagoon. I had the surf and turf (steak and fish) and Amanda had the chicken. She did not really like her chicken, and I HATED my fish :ack:...not fresh at all (tasted flash-frozen...YUCK!). The steak, however, was very good. Our server was also very very very good! We also had for appetizers the mushrooms (really good!) and Potato-leek soup (yummy!). The toffee pudding dessert was great, and Amanda enjoyed her chocolate cake. Overall we both gave Rose and Crown a "B". In retrospect, it was probably our worst meal.
At this point we were both very exhausted, but we had enough energy to ride Three Caballeros (I miss the Rio Del Tiempo song :(...it's my ringtone...haha!) but overall it's entertaining and worth doing. We also walked ALL THE WAY to the Seas and Amanda did the Nemo ride for the first time. She thought it was dumb...and I never really liked it...so oh well...
We left the park and waited around 10mins or so for the POP bus to bring us back. We looked around Everything POP before going back to our room. I did buy a refillable mug, which I refilled at least a dozen times over the course of the trip! Very good deal. :D

Things we liked: Few lines, great weather...not TOO hot, Philharmagic! :cloud9:, Cosmic Ray's
Things we didn't like: Exhaustion, Nemo, Rose & Crown (kind of...lol)

overall it was an exhausting day, but one that would set up a very EVENTFUL vacation. I'll have DAY 2 hopefully tomorrow morning. ENJOY! :mickey:

Mousehead35
05-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Sounds like the start of a great trip! Can't wait to get read about the rest :mickey:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-28-2007, 09:09 PM
I can relate! I had an exhausting first day just more than a week ago...with transferring flights and all.

But sounds like you're off to a great start!

AND YES - JANE MONHEIT RULES!

Chris :hatter:

pogo
05-28-2007, 09:37 PM
I can see why your exhausted. This was a full day. :thumbsup:

It sounds like your having a great time so far.:mickey:

I can't wait to read more. :D

BriarRose0708
05-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Didn't you love the 50's Section at Pop? I was in that same building facing the lake when I went and it was so peaceful and the view was lovely. Glad that your flight was good and it sounds like you had a busy first day! Looking forward to reading more!

dtootsie42
05-29-2007, 12:35 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip report. Sounds like you had a terrific time!

Bethanymouse
05-29-2007, 07:02 AM
Thanks for posting! It sounds like you had another great day. We were on the fence with Rose and Crown and giving it a try- thanks for the report from there...it helped make our decision. Cant wait to read more!:mickey:

disneydrmr
05-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Wow! Sounds like a very exhausting first day! I'm impressed that you fit so much in with how tired you must've been! Looking forward to reading more trip reports from you!:mickey:

sleepingbooty
05-30-2007, 11:44 AM
What an exhausting first day! I'm sorry the captioning at Philharmagic didn't work, hope your sis was still able to enjoy it.:mickey:

crazypoohbear
05-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Sounds like you accomplished quite a bit the first day

BelleBeauty
05-30-2007, 07:26 PM
I love the R&C mushrooms and potato leek soup too! Though I usually have better luck with the rest of the meal. Try again - it is our favorite spot to watch Illuminations! :mickey: Your trip reports makes me jealous since I'm sitting in my office right now....

pdrlkr
05-31-2007, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-31-2007, 03:39 AM
Sounds like a very busy but fun day. Sorry that you didn't like Rose & Crown. We ate there once and really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

grego77
05-31-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Day 2 (and hopefully more!) soon. :mickey:

grego77
06-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Day 2 is up! :mickey:

BronxTigger
06-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Wow...all that on only three hours of sleep + plane sleeping. Sounds like a great first day!

January-2007
06-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the report!!

ChipnDaleGal
06-05-2007, 04:31 PM
For being two weary travelers you sure managed to pack a lot into your first day. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

faline
06-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Those ducks must be missing their nightly feeding!

You're off to a good start!