PDA

View Full Version : Hilton Anaheim

Mickey+Minnie91
05-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Has anyone stayed at this hotel. Is it within easy walking distance to the Parks??? Can you see the fireworks show?

Thanks for you hel....

Cinderella_68
06-02-2007, 06:44 AM
We've stayed at the Anaheim Hilton on several occasions. It is a clean, comfortable hotel, what you'd expect from Hilton. The rooms are large and comfortable for our family of four and a baby. We've always gotten our room there through Priceline, but using PL doesn't guarantee that you'll get that hotel.
There is a Starbucks in the lobby, along with a restaurant and lounge. The lobby is huge, and the parking structure can be hard to find at first. The decor is peaches and teal, sort of reminds me of Miami Vice, but in a nice way. :mickey: The hotel is serviced by the ART system. I wouldn't try to walk to the parks, take the shuttle buses, they are cheap and easy to use.
The staff has always been great, never a problem there.
I can't tell you about the fireworks, we usually see those from the parks. The towers are tall, and I'd suspect that some higher rooms have views facing the parks. I'd call and ask the hotel directly.
Have a great trip!

NotaGeek
06-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey Cinderella_68, :welcome: to INTERCOT and thanks for posting some good info!

Starbucks in the lobby? That's a winner! All dedicated coffee drinks know the coffee at DLR :ack: and the closest Starbucks is at the Sheraton at the Convention Center! :faint:

Cinderella_68
06-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Thank you for the welcome!
ITA! Nescafe should be banned! And you have to brave the line at Main St. Bakery to get a drinkable latte!

tinkwest
06-03-2007, 03:00 PM
I stayed at the Hilton a year ago and it was a very nice hotel. The room I was in was spacious, everything was clean & tidy, and customer service was excellent.
As always, the Starbucks line was LONG no matter what time of day.

It is right next to the convention center so most guests will probably be there for whatever convention is currently taking place.

I used the Anaheim Resort Transit, which is very affordable and had a stop right at the hotel. Much easier than the walk, IMO.

Chescat
06-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Not sure if you'd be able to see the fireworks or not from there. You've got DCA (Screamin', etc) in between the hotel and Disneyland. Many times we have just watched the fireworks from Downtown Disney. You get a pretty good view of the fireworks in the air (the current show has a lot going on between the castle, matterhorn, and the hub, that you wouldn't see unless you were in the park). :mickey:

*tinker_belle*
06-06-2007, 08:27 PM
This is a great hotel! Very large and nice and within walking distance to the parks. But the parks are still a good 10 minute walk or so from the hotel, if you have little ones in tow, i'd just wait for the shuttle.