PDA

View Full Version : Renewal of AP

Checkers
05-28-2007, 02:03 PM
:mickey: I checked on the DVC website to see what the cost to renew our APs but could not find it listed unless I went through the whole process of filling everything out. This I didn't want to do because I am trying to decide if we should renew (at end of Aug.) or wait for another month or so and buy our AP with the $100 discount for members. We are going at the end of Oct. and will be going in the spring of '08 and Oct. '08 which means if we renew we will end up having to buy another AP before we go again next Oct. I think I already know the answer -- don't renew and just buy the regular AP at end of Sept. because it will not be activated until we actually go at the end of Oct. whereas the one we have now, if renewed, will become active immediately. Does this make any sense??? Anyway, if anyone knows what the renewal rate is, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

ibrowse17
05-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Try the passholders site:thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
05-28-2007, 04:21 PM
DVC renewal: $323.76
DVC regular: $355.71
Regular AP: $462.21
Reg AP renewal: $419.61

WDWfeelslikehome
05-28-2007, 08:26 PM
The DVC AP is a great deal, unfortunately the renewal is not much of a discount. We are finding that we are actually saving more money by not renewing, but waiting to buy a new AP, so that we activate at the start of the next vacation. We go twice a year, but some years the dates don't work out, so we just let the AP lapse and then buy a new one. We figure the $30 discount for renewing isn't worth 3-5 months of non use.

JPL
05-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Just a little tip here make sure you are getting the value with the renewal since it activates from the day your pass expires. I originally renewed my pass this past December and realized for an extra $30 or so I paid for a new pass I was able to squeeze another trip out of it.

Checkers
05-29-2007, 09:25 AM
:mickey:Thanks all. I figure that we will just get a new AP (thru DVC) in Oct., that way we will be able to squeeze 3 trips in next year:D.