PDA

View Full Version : Waterparks for small kids?

daisyhead
05-28-2007, 01:33 PM
What is the best waterpark for small, non-swimmers. My daughter can navigate a pool just fine with her floaty suit on, loves waterslides, but isn't a HUGE fan of going under a lot. :) What is the best kids area in the water parks?

We are going to devote one afternoon only to a waterparks and I want to choose the one that's right for her. I'm not really interested in the daredevil slides. ;)

Thanks!

maizey05
05-31-2007, 12:48 AM
Never been to TL, but we're real BB fans! We brought friends with a DD (1 yr old), and she loved it! There is a kiddie area, don't remember what it's called, but it looked fun. She also rode Teamboat Springs and the lazy river with us. She also enjoyed the wave pool. I might be going this winter, and would definately take my DS (4 months) there.

Dreamin_of_Disney247
05-31-2007, 10:47 AM
My DDis three and last year we took her to both waterparks. Typhoon Lagoon is much better for little tikes than Blizzard Beach. They have a whole"LITTLE WATERPARK" devoted to little ones called Ketchakiddie Creek. It is twice the size of the one at BB and a lot of fun for little ones. Hope this helps:mickey:

crazypoohbear
06-01-2007, 09:54 AM
I'd say Typhoon lagoon. When my DS was younger he was (and still is) :secret:very skittish. After much coaxing and convincing he went down the water slides in the kiddie park. Then he loved it, we couldn't get him to leave. He did not swim at the time but the slides and pool park are so small he conquered his fears... for that trip.
Every year it's the same thing:-o Coaxing and cajoling, then he loves whatever it is we talk him into trying:confused::thedolls:
So if he can do Typhoon lagoon anyone can.
The kiddie area is terrific:thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
06-01-2007, 11:46 AM
First of all, Ketchakiddie Creek at TL is the best waterpark area for little ones.

Trust Uncle Greg
(here he goes again
with the sunscreen speech)

I know a mom who slathered her child with sunscreen and not herself. Picture this: You're standing in ankle deep water. The sun is not only shining on you but reflecting off the water. All the while you're telling yourself "My child will tire of this soon." but your child is saying, "A few more minutes, Mommy!" Mommy got cooked.

Put sunscreen on everybody.

Speech over.

Goofy Texan
06-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Typhoon Lagoon is great - but beware of Ketchakiddie Creek, the kids area. Sure it's fun but the innertube slide requires a parent to haul the tube up the hill. It isn't long and the tube isn't heavy, but if you're looking for a relaxing afternoon...

I have another area to suggest. To the left of the big wave pool (when you're facing it) is a little lagoon area. There are two open slides about the size of a regular pool slide. The big waves don't hit here, the water just bobs around and is about 2 feet deep. There is a ledge where a parent can sit and keep cool while the kids go up and down the slides to their hearts content. There is also plenty of sand for digging and chairs for resting.

You can still go to the kids area - but later when you're rested and ready!

psychotekkie
06-02-2007, 11:30 PM
I hate to go against everyone here, but we had a real problem with TL kiddie area. There are a bunch of little slides for the kiddies to go down, but at the bottom of the slide is a nasty cork material. After only one slide, my DS2 had a nasty abbrasion on his back and thigh. And before we could stop her, my DD7 went down as well and scraped herself up, too! I will never bring my kiddies there again.

At BB, the kiddie slides are all floored with a soft rubbery material. No scrapes!

They have a little spash n slide castle area for little tykes that she could run around in for hours, some tube slides, and a waterslide where she could go down in your lap (so you hold her up before you plop in the water). and a wading pool area with squirty ducks and things that's just for kids. The preteen area is separate so there are not a lot of bigger splashier kids running about.

In my mind, it is BB, no contest.

iceicebritney
06-05-2007, 10:03 PM
i think blizzard beach is the best for the little tikes. they have a good selection of small slides (not steep... just windy) and an assortment of good stuff for them to play around on and with. the water also is very shallow.. so they have a very small chance of going under.

my nephew is not a fan of getting his face wet or going under the water AT ALL! if he gets splashed he stays out for hours... so we have to be very careful about what rides we put him on, and blizzard beaches kiddie slides are his favorite. i cant wait till he gets daring enough to go over to the bigger tike area with the rope slide

thejens
06-05-2007, 11:46 PM
I've never been to BB, but TL is great. My three year old and 6 yr old nephew had a ball. There is also a beautiful lazy river which is relaxing for everyone. My 3 year loved sitting in a little raft like a little prince and I loved it too! Near the wave pool is a cute tug boat and large puddle area, the Ketchakiddie area is super (I didn't mind helping with the little raft ride) and there are not very scary big raft rides too. I was surprised by how much we enjoyed this park. We went on an overcast day and it wasn't too crowded.

Lizzie
06-06-2007, 10:40 PM
If you have little ones I would say TL, but any kids over 7 I think would prefer BB not only is there a kiddy area but a preteen area.

mttafire
06-08-2007, 12:22 AM
We are fans of T.L. for ALL ages including small kids. We went to BB once but just prefer T.l.