PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Megastore closing?

celebrationasheley
05-28-2007, 11:54 AM
I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this happening.

The Chicago Virgin Megastore is going out of business on Michigan Avenue. What a HUGE and Popular location!

splashtest
06-10-2007, 12:31 AM
It should. Way too over priced!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-10-2007, 10:07 PM
My nephew Joe will be upset if the one at the DTD West Side closes. He loves going in there.

lockedoutlogic
06-11-2007, 10:45 PM
I believe record stores are now officially obselete...
...if you want an explanation...ask the one of the members of the Board of the Walt Disney Company....

The real question is: if Virgin Closed...what would replace it? Could it be that the rumored ESPNzone would go there..and not Disney Quest?

I personally would love to see them steal away Emeril or Jimmy Buffet from Universal....

big blue and hairy
06-12-2007, 07:38 AM
I believe record stores are now officially obselete...
...if you want an explanation...ask the one of the members of the Board of the Walt Disney Company....

The real question is: if Virgin Closed...what would replace it? Could it be that the rumored ESPNzone would go there..and not Disney Quest?

I personally would love to see them steal away Emeril or Jimmy Buffet from Universal....

Emeril's definitely...Margaritaville...not so much, we have one here, it's very overpriced and mediocre. Five O'clock Somewhere is better. Obviously, also a Jimmy Buffet restaurant.

:sulley:

lockedoutlogic
06-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Emeril's definitely...Margaritaville...not so much, we have one here, it's very overpriced and mediocre. Five O'clock Somewhere is better. Obviously, also a Jimmy Buffet restaurant.

:sulley:

never heard of that...thanks for the tip....
The margaritaville at Universal was sold to an outside source a year or two after opening....Buffet didn't like the feedback he was getting on it...so he struggled and...I believe...got it back. It may be better than the Myrtle Beach equivalent....

Magic Fanatic
06-12-2007, 09:34 AM
I don't think you will see Buffett move his establishment to Downtown Disney. I remember when he first started opening his Margaritaville Restaurants there was a story written that he had been in talks with Disney and for what they were asking for it simply would not have been a good deal for him. Then Universal came along and had much more faverable terms as they were looking for ways to lure people away from Disney.

Tekneek
06-12-2007, 10:26 AM
I do like the Virgin Megastore, but it is just about the only record store I'd get into these days. Heck, it is the one of two left that I've ever been to that is actually still open. While I've been going to record stores less and less over the past few years, not being able to go into any is a downer.

The other one that is left is an independent store and I hope they are able to last.

iceicebritney
06-12-2007, 11:20 AM
good ridance.

no one buys albums from stores any more. especially since they are so overpriced. 20+ dollars for an album full of maybe one or two good songs? music artists today just dont know how to put out good stuff anymore. then again its not entirely their fault... these over produced albums aren't entirely the fault of the artists.

my vote is for something entertaining... anything. espn zone would be fun.

CaptSmee
06-12-2007, 06:33 PM
It should. Way too over priced!!

We were there last week and bought a lot because their sale prices were fantastic! LOTS of $10 Cd's & DVD's, including one's that Best Buy/Circuit City would never discount that low.

Donald Duck 224
06-14-2007, 07:02 PM
We love shopping at virgin megastore in DTD. I would hate to see it go. IF they wanted to add a ESPN zone or resturant, there are many other things that could go before it.

Tekneek
06-15-2007, 07:59 AM
If Virgin Megastore closes, I have to think it would be by their own choice and not Disney squeezing them out.

I would buy imports there that I was not able to easily find elsewhere. Plus they always had some surprises in the discount bins that others appeared to be overlooking.

Grizz16
06-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Is it closing? I hope not.

DizneyFreak2002
06-16-2007, 07:41 PM
I did not hear of the Virgin Mega Store closing... If i does close, I won't miss it, if it stays open, so be it....

ghost999
06-17-2007, 10:29 PM
i personally really like the virgin store because they do have good cd's and good books.:mickey: