PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a fan of Rarotonga at POLY?

Bohms4
05-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Just curious about this longhouse b/c it seems to be in a good location but yet I don't hear a lot of people talking about it.

pshokie
05-29-2007, 09:36 AM
I just replied to your other thread. I think the big negative against Rarotonga is that is is literally right next to Tokelau, which I think most people consider to be the "best" of the garden view longhouses. The rooms are slightly larger, literally no "bad views", etc.

Personally, before the Smoking-Free Announcement, Rarontonga was our second choice for a longhouse. For pure convenience it is probably the best longhouse. Next time we go, (then WDW Smoke Free) we will go with #1 Tokelau, #2-A Tahiti, #2-B Rarotonga.

But 2-A and 2-B could switch depending on how MIL feels at the time. If you have any mobility concerns, I would go Rarotonga hands down.

cicelyalaska
05-29-2007, 10:39 AM
We request it every single time. It's by far our #1. We realize there are other wonderful choices--views of the castle, the water, the beach, etc.--but for pure nostalgia's sake, we love Rarotonga (formerly Maori). Our hard-and-fast reasons why? 1) Quick and easy walk to the Great Ceremonial House (a godsend when it's pouring rain or you're exhausted from a long hot day in the parks) and 2) views of the quiet pool that are so peaceful and perfect (we always request poolside, first floor, for ease of walking right from our patio). I'm fine with the fact that few people talk about Rarotonga; more rooms for us! :cool:

Belle619
05-29-2007, 10:51 AM
We went back in March and stayed at the Rarotonga - and we loved it! The location relative to the Great Ceremonial House and the monorail just couldn't be beat.

Bohms4
05-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Belle - were you on the monorail side of Rarotonga? If you were, was the sound of the monorail annoying or relaxing? Or maybe you couldn't hear it???

wedrod
05-29-2007, 12:20 PM
We stayed in a monorail view room last July and hope to get one this July. The noise is there but it is not that bad. You can only here the monorail if you keep the balcony door open. I personally love being able to see the monorail go by my room. However, I can see it taking some of the atmosphere away if you want quiet.

Bohms4
05-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Wedrod - that's good to know, thanks! I think I would like it too but just wanted to hear what someone else thought!

SBETigg
05-29-2007, 12:39 PM
We stayed in Rarotonga with a third floor balcony view of the quiet pool (and the top of Space Mountain). We loved it. Great location.

Momof2boys
05-29-2007, 03:45 PM
We stayed 3rd floor Rarotonga facing the quiet pool in October 05 and LOVED it ! We had a corner room towards the arcade. The view was wonderful, easy access to the bus stop, laundry, arcade, and a quick walk to Captn Cooks.

Last October we stayed in Samoa for a change and missed the convenience of Raro.

StillSimbaGirl
05-29-2007, 06:57 PM
We stayed at the Raratonga - 3rd Floor and I could see the fireworks from the balcony! it was great. DD - who was 5 then was fast asleep and I could go out there and watch the fireworks.

I loved it.