PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July?? good time for a vacation?

cruellalvr
05-28-2007, 10:52 AM
We have a magical gathering I am planning for. Trying to get the dates FOR SURE. Right now we are thinking end of June, but I am wondering if there is anything extra special for the 4th of July. In my passporter, it says extra fireworks, but I was wondering if any of you have been there during this time and if there was anything else cool going on then.

Tygger7
05-28-2007, 11:46 AM
I've been to WDW several times over the 4th of July....and DO NOT recommend going at that time unless you have no other options. There are extra fireworks on the 4th of July, but that's the only "extra" activity/event that I've seen. It's one of the most crowded holidays, and you can expect to spend most of your time waiting in line for attractions you can't get FastPasses for....and I'm talking over 2 hours for some attractions. Add to that, the July heat....it's miserable. There were even days that the parks reached capacity and closed their gates before 12noon. I don't know how flexible your travel dates are, but I'd aim for early June or early October. The weather is a little cooler, and the crowds are MUCH better. You'll get a lot more done in the same amount of time.:thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
05-28-2007, 11:49 AM
I haven't been during July, but I do know that it is really,really busy, and really hot! I'm guessing that it is packed for the 4th, since so many people have that time off, and that getting on rides and attractions is pretty tough...

Good luck picking, I'm sure someone with 4th experience will be along shortly!

cruellalvr
05-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks guys!!! YOu guys have helped me make the decision an easy one!!!...lol.

Bubbie Girl
05-29-2007, 09:47 AM
My family went over the 4th last year and absolutely loved it. We had a great time. We attended the extra 4th of July fireworks at Magic Kingdom on the 3rd and Epcots on the 4th. They were wonderful. Yes ,the crowds on the 3rd and 4th were larger, but not bad. We never waited in line very long that I can remember. I do remember we walked right on Pirates and that was an unexpected suprise! We got fast passes for Soarin and some of the more busy rides mostly we just enjoyed all the red, white and blue!! People were really into the whole thing and it was fun. We are planning to return next year over the 4th again!! We have always gone in the summer so I guess we just expect heat and crowds but hey your at Disney and that makes it all worth it!! Have fun when ever you go.:mickey: