PDA

View Full Version : What scene to add to Soarin?

just2mickey
05-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Had a chance to see Pirates this weekend and thought it would be neat if soarin had a scene that came up over the mountain to open to the sea and the pirate ship. Maybe have a smell of seaspray (salty smell) or mist. What do you think?

mickey-mouse35
05-28-2007, 01:31 PM
I think that would be an excellent idea! :thumbsup:
I also saw Pirates this weekend and thought it would be cool to have a "rockin' the boat" type of ride--wouldn't that be cool!!! :mickey:

Guya103
05-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Pirates would be neat. Though we thought a baseball stadium would be awesome with a home run and the sound effects from the crowd going wild!!!

I also heard somewhere that Soarin over the U.S. was a possibility, is that true? Boy it would be long but well worth it!!

Soarin is, in our opinion, one of the best at WDW!!!

Only a few more weeks!!!!:mickey:

katzctkpt
05-28-2007, 10:13 PM
what about a variety pack kinda thing??? like TOT you just don't know what your going to get type of scenery.......one time your on, you may get some mountains, lakes and flat land, then the next time your on, you get some more bumpy, turbulent, gliding over a lake full of aligators.....mix it up each time your on, would be different, huh???????

DakotaDisney
05-30-2007, 06:22 PM
I love Soarin!! It is an awsome ride! Perhaps my favorite, but it's hard to choose.

I would love to see the WDW version to be Sorin over Florida, since that is where it is. That way there would also be some difference between the DL and WDW versions.

I agree that a baseball stadium is a neat idea.

Or how about flying over all of WDW. Swoop down Everest, around the Tree of Life & over the African plains at AK. Around the world at the World Showcase at Epcot. Over the resorts and golf gourses. Over the geyser at Wilderness Lodge as it goes off, you could feel the mist. By the Tower of Terror as guests drop. Race the Mono-rail. Go down Main Street, up and over the castle at MK.

Then you could go out to the coast & the ocean and go past the space shuttle blasting off on the way.

mrsgaribaldi
05-30-2007, 06:40 PM
I would like to fly around Disney World too. Africa too I think would make a good scene, a big savannah maybe:thumbsup:

last real pirate
06-13-2007, 08:45 PM
they should have a clip of me battling davy jones on the black pearl

snifflesmcg
06-13-2007, 08:57 PM
These are some great idea. How about they add Soarin to the countries in Epcot. How cool would it be (instead of those borning movies) to be flying over Canada, China or France?

emmingo
06-13-2007, 09:03 PM
I think it would be neat to have ALL of the Disney parks in Soarin. Fly over DL and WDW and then to Disney Paris, and on to Tokyo Disney/DisneySea and the one in Hong Kong. It would be a neat way to see the world...Disney Style.

DisneyFreak23
06-13-2007, 10:08 PM
All these ideas sound AWESOME!:thumbsup:

What if they had a scene where you flew over hawaii, like over the beach with hula-ers.? :lei:

Or they could go over glaciers in Alaska.

Whadya think?

:mickey3:

:stitch:

Mickey91
06-13-2007, 10:26 PM
I would like to go over the Grand Canyon, Old Faithful, Statue of Liberty, and Niagra Falls. I also love the idea Katzctkpt had. I had just told my DH the same thing right before I read the post! It would be awesome to have a mixture of experiences. Maybe even have two separate experiences, one in each theater.:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
06-13-2007, 10:35 PM
These are some great idea. How about they add Soarin to the countries in Epcot. How cool would it be (instead of those borning movies) to be flying over Canada, China or France?

We happen to love the movie in France....followed by dinner in France(we just discovered this last week-went a FEW times!), and pastries in France for dessert. (sigh...)
One of my dreams has always been to go to Paris. Thanks again, Mr. Disney....
:artist: :eat: :chef:

mousetrapper
06-14-2007, 03:37 PM
I'd love to see a "best of the best" -- many of the scenes others describe here plus one of my favorites: all the DC monuments and the White House!

I'm partial because I'm from DC...but also, that area is just breathtakingly beautiful...and our nation's capital!

KAJUNKING
06-14-2007, 05:49 PM
there is a lot of good ideas here, what about a wonders of the world flight

Disney Debra
06-16-2007, 08:24 AM
My husband & I just came back from WDW last Saturday. Had the time of our life. It was a combination 27th Anniversary Celebration/Husband's 3-day conference/Doing Disney w/Adults since kids have grown up! Whew!
Soarin' was far and above the highlight of the rides for us! One night after my husband's meeting, a bunch of us (people husband works with and wifes) went to Epcot. We had been telling everyone how good the ride was. We rode it once during the Magical Extended Hours (since the lines were too long before). Everyone raved and ranted about it. We asked if we could sit on the front row (which put us up higher) and they kindly accommodated us! Awesome. We walked around a little more then about 11:15 pm, we decided to try Soarin' one more time. Excellent! Everyone said that ride was worth the visit alone! AND then to catch some of the smells too! Would love to see another ride like that pop up at maybe Animal Kingdom - where you could be on a safari, rainforest, Alaskan tundra, etc. It's amazing the new ideas that Disney comes up with! An absolute wonderful trip (as usual) but nice in one way to do the "adult" Disney tour!

Disney Debra
06-16-2007, 08:27 AM
How do you add on all the places you have stayed at WDW at the end of your post? Do you have to manually do it every time, or is there someway to save and copy it each time you post? Thanks for your help!!

Jared
06-16-2007, 08:48 AM
I don't want to see a scene themed to the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie franchise. Soarin' is about the world's natural wonders, not fictional places.

Though I love the current version of the movie, I would love to fly over the entire United States. A trip across the country better fits the theme of The Land and Epcot in general.

Cinderelley
06-16-2007, 01:48 PM
How do you add on all the places you have stayed at WDW at the end of your post? Do you have to manually do it every time, or is there someway to save and copy it each time you post? Thanks for your help!!

Near the top of the page, there is a dark blue bar that says User CP/FAQ/Members List, etc. Click on User CP. Then on the left there is a list of options. The first one should say something like edit signature. Click on that and you'll be abe to type in what you want to type in. Then it will automatically appear with each of your posts.

pook@wdw
06-16-2007, 06:30 PM
How about..."Soarin over America"? I like the idea of the baseball stadium, and should go over WDW, Washington DC, New York city, the farmlands of the mid-west, the Rocky Mountains, the Washington state area, Alaska and Hawaii. :thumbsup:

LoriMistress
06-16-2007, 06:37 PM
And pirates would have to do with California because...?

I like the whole pirates and princess stuff every once in a while (when it's the appropriate setting), but it's not nessisary for every attraction.

moe513
06-16-2007, 06:40 PM
That would be very cool.

princessimagineer
06-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Or how about flying over all of WDW. Swoop down Everest, around the Tree of Life & over the African plains at AK. Around the world at the World Showcase at Epcot. Over the resorts and golf gourses. Over the geyser at Wilderness Lodge as it goes off, you could feel the mist. By the Tower of Terror as guests drop. Race the Mono-rail. Go down Main Street, up and over the castle at MK.

you have no idea how much i absolutly love that idea! i was thinking why dont they just fly over WDW and i thought about the TOT thing too. but wen you mentioned the getser at wilderness lodge i thought that was an AMAZING idea! racing the monorail too!

Camping Mom
06-16-2007, 11:22 PM
When we first heard Soarin was coming to DW, we thought it was going to be Soarin over Florida!! Guess we were wrong!

Donald Duck 224
06-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Had a chance to see Pirates this weekend and thought it would be neat if soarin had a scene that came up over the mountain to open to the sea and the pirate ship. Maybe have a smell of seaspray (salty smell) or mist. What do you think?

That is a great idea. I would love them to add even more to an already great ride.