PDA

View Full Version : My 1st trip to DLR

SebastianTDS
05-28-2007, 03:53 AM
Hi everyone,
My wife and I going to DLR 19-23 this coming June.
We've been to WDW 4times, but this'll be our 1st trip to DL where walt's dream started so we're very excited now!!

Then please give me some tips. How packed do you think the parks will be? Do people usually make a long line and wait to get fastpasses?(They do in TDR and I really don't like it)

I don't mind waiting in 'interesting' queue area like Tower of terror or Indiana Jones I guess. In that case, I think the attractions I need to get fastpasses best at each park are SpaceMountain and Screamin', is that a right choise you think?
Sorry for such a lot of questions:confused:

Oh, and I'm a japanese and speaking in my second language here. Please excuse my poor english:blush:

Melanie
05-28-2007, 04:41 AM
Hi SebastianTDS! :welcome: to INTERCOT!

No worries - your English is great! Wish I could speak Japanese that well. :thumbsup:

Are you a Disney Sea CM? I'm assuming so since because of the TDS in your name. My family and I were at Tokyo Disney Resort a couple of months ago. What an amazing place, especially Disney Sea! We can't wait to go back. :mickey3:

How exciting that you and your wife are going to Disneyland - the original park built by Walt himself! Sounds like you know and love the history of it all.

My advice would be to spend as much time as possible at Disneyland Park on the 19-21. Mid-week is much less crowded there. Weekends are crowded no matter what time of year, but a Saturday at California Adventure is much more manageable than a Saturday at Disneyland Park.

You definitely want to do the new Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, and it will still be really "new" when you are there. I'd get a FP for Space Mountain (awesome!) and then get directly in line for Nemo, since Nemo will not have FPs.

Indiana Jones is a really nice queue. I don't mind waiting in it either, and to be truthful, unless it's really crowded, I've never seen a huge advantage to getting a FP here. The FP line and regular line merge really early. So I'd get a FP somewhere else and wait in the Indy line.

At California Adventure, both Soarin' and Screamin' are definitely FP worthy. I can't recall ever having a long standby wait for Tower of Terror, but I have gone mostly during off times.

As for the FP lines themselves, NO you won't see it like you are used to in Tokyo. I was shocked when I saw that we had to wait in a line for FPs. That was crazy! :dizzy: My worst waits were for Big Thunder Mountain and Buzz Lightyear, and I know my husband waited a long time for Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

I'm sure you and your wife will love Disneyland. Have a great trip! :mickey2:

Jessie
05-28-2007, 05:25 PM
I second grabbing a fastpass for Soarin'. It's a must. That line can get incredibly long, quickly. Melanears pretty much nailed everything else :laughing: Hope you have an awesome trip!

NotaGeek
05-28-2007, 09:26 PM
:welcome: to INTERCOT SebastienTDS! I hope you and your wife have a wonderful time at the DLR! Melanie hit all the good points, have a wonderful time at the original Disneyland!

SebastianTDS
05-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Thank you for your great advice and compliment to my English, Melanie!
And I'm very happy to know you loved TDS!:clappy:
I'd take your suggestion how should spend each day at each park and it was good to know Saturday DL would go crazy...but Saturday will be my last day to spend there, so I'd like to go to DL park even though it'd be packed. I really want to feel Walt, and meet him on this trip. I'm sure you know what I mean well;)

Thank you too, Jessie! That'd be a great help to decide!

Yes, it's usual to 'dash' to the most popular ride and wait in line for long time only to get FP here at Tokyo Disney Resort. I think it's meaningless and kind of stu:mickey:id. But It's getting more and more popular way to 'enjoy' TDR. NO relaxing. I don't really like it the way things're going here...:(

Oops, here's not a place for TDR.
I have 4 full days to stay, so maybe I go
DL1 : Nemo > Space Mountain FP > Indy
DL2 : start from Peter Pan
DCA1 : Soarin' > Hollywood Pictures Backlot
DCA2 : again Soarin' > Screamin' FP > Paradise Pier
How does this sound?

I have some more to ask. Can I continue this thread like this?
1) Don't they have Rocket Rods and Walking in the SB Castle anymore?
2) What's going on at the FL theater right now? Nothing?
3) 3D Muppet in DCA is exactly the same as MGM's in WDW?
:thanks:

Melanie
05-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Your daily plans sound good! :thumbsup:

I have some more to ask. Can I continue this thread like this?
1) Don't they have Rocket Rods and Walking in the SB Castle anymore?
3) 3D Muppet in DCA is exactly the same as MGM's in WDW?
:thanks:

1. The Rocket Rods were closed in 2000, and the Sleeping Beauty Castle walkthrough to view the dioramas was closed in 2001.

2. I'm not sure on that one. I think it's where they are staging the Princess Fantasy Faire. Someone will be along soon to confirm.

3. Yes, they are exactly the same, as is It's Tough to be a Bug.

Chescat
05-30-2007, 08:21 PM
They have the Disney Princess Fantasy Faire in there now. Activities include:

- Disney Princess Storytelling - Join a Disney Princess for a special story where Guests are invited to help tell the tales.

- Royal Coronation Ceremony - Learn what it takes to be a true princess or knight with a regal celebration.

- Royal Dance - After taking the Royal Oath, Guest are invited to take part in a lively group dance.

- Royal Arrivals - Three Disney Princesses make their gran entrance and greet their Guest.

- And many ore royal celebrations

As far as Sleeping Beauty's Castle, it seemed like when it was open for all those years, you'd go by and more than half the time the walkthrough was always closed. I think that's why they finally shut it, instead of making changes.

As far as the lines go, should be interesting. Most people will be in the long line for Finding Nemo, so it might actually cause the lines for most the other rides to be a lot less.

Have a lot of fun on your trip. :mickey:

SebastianTDS
06-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Thank you all!
So now FL theater sounds like for kids or...little princesses? Not for adults?
I hope I could see that Snow White Show...
How did you all like that??

Then I have two more questions:chipdale:
1)What's the Turtle Talk with Crush like?
I know that I can make a chat with Crush, but I'd like to know how it's going.
I'm a WDW-person, so colud anyone tell me what's it like to say in WDW?
Is that like the 'One man's dream' or 'Playhouse Disney'? Do you need being in line to meet Crush?
I have no info about it:help:

2)Will the Cafe Orleans open during my staying, 19-23 June?
I read on somewhere that they only open at busy days.
And I'd like to know any opinions about this restaurant.

tinkwest
06-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Cafe Orleans has been open on a regular basis for quite some time now. You may get mixed reviews on this restaurant. I like the outdoor seating, but I thought it was a bit overpriced and not enough menu choices. It can be a long wait.

I prefer the nearby French Market. More selections to my taste I guess. It is cafeteria style rather than table service. The line here can also be long and/or slow.