PDA

View Full Version : Is it insane???????

nicole48040
05-28-2007, 12:41 AM
Is it insane that the same day you arrive at Orlando Int. at 11:42am, you also book the mvmcp for that night?????? I feel like we should be able to catch a nap at the hotel before the party begins.....right????? I figure we should be at the hotel and checked in by 3pm, so that should give us 3hrs. to nap and then we'll grab a bit of food at M.K. when be get there or maybe at POR right before we leave.....that should work shouldn't it??????? I just really want to experience what everyone has been raving about and that's our only night to do it. Please give me your honest opinions....am I crazy?????

Seasonscraps
05-28-2007, 01:07 AM
I don't think that's insane at all.

In fact, we arrive at 11.00 on 6/8 and plan to hit the MK for EMH that night. It will be open until 1 or 2am. :D We are spending the afternoon at the resort and like you plan to catch a nap and then go to the park.

MsMin
05-28-2007, 01:30 AM
I think some of it depends on what is happening before you leave. For example, every year we've gone after my kids finish their fall semester so they get there exhausted b/c they just came through exams. Many times I'm up the night before packing and cleaning the house before I leave so I'm exhausted when I get there too.
If you plan to get a fair amount of rest the night before then I think that will help. Another point in your favor is if you are used to staying up past 9pm??
I think that you have really been very conservative with your estimation on time for that day. One year my dd was scheduled to arrive @ MCO @ 12:15pm and her plane was delayed and arrived @ 1:30 and she was in the park with us by 3:30.
It's worth going if you have the energy so I suggest planning ahead so that you can get rest the night before or try to nap on the plane. :thumbsup:

BigRedDad
05-28-2007, 06:06 AM
I don't think it is insane at all. However, you will be at your resort by 1PM if you are doing ME. Your room may not be ready yet, but you can enjoy the pools. That will wear you out a little more to insure you get a little nap before the fun starts.

MaryPoppinsFan
05-28-2007, 08:55 AM
We are doing the same thing with the Halloween Party. we get in from Detroit at 11:40 on 9/21 and I bought tickets for the party that night. it's the only day they are having it while we are there and I'm not going to miss it! My kids are 12 and 8 but they stay up late so I dont see any problems. We can't wait!:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
05-28-2007, 01:00 PM
In fact, we arrive at 11.00 on 6/8 and plan to hit the MK for EMH that night. It will be open until 1 or 2am. :D We are spending the afternoon at the resort and like you plan to catch a nap and then go to the park.

That's basically my plan on 7/6. EMH is over at 2am and it'll be a long day but it'll be worth it :tink:

pianobabe
05-28-2007, 01:12 PM
I think your plans sound like a great way to start your WDW vacation. Have fun and enjoy the party!!:party:

mickey-mouse35
05-28-2007, 01:17 PM
I think your plans sound like a great way to start your WDW vacation. Have fun and enjoy the party!!

:ditto:

Marilyn Michetti
05-28-2007, 01:19 PM
That sounds like a great plan. Makes more sense, to me, than spending a day in the parks and then doing MVMCP.

What a TERRIFIC way to start your vacation!!

Have a great time.:thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-28-2007, 01:23 PM
You should see if you can make ADR's for Liberty Tree Tavern before the party starts. Good food! Also a lot of times you can get into the park as early as 4pm if you have party tickets.
We were going to do this for the Pirate & Princess party the day we arrive, but since we will have a 2 month old with us, we didn't know if it would be too much on the new (not born yet!) baby and on the new mommy. Luckily we can go another night instead.
But it should be totally doable. And if your room isn't ready when you check in, go to the pool and pull up a lounge chair and nap.

tinksmom02
05-28-2007, 08:10 PM
I think it sounds like a good plan, you've left plenty time for unexpected delays, and/or resting time, so your group should be good to go! Enjoy! :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
05-28-2007, 08:20 PM
No problem!:mickey:We're driving down. Should arrive around 2:00PM, have reservations at Liberty Tree at 4:00 and MNSSHP after that! You do what you have to do to do the things you want!:thumbsup:

Disney Doll
05-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Not crazy at all. We always hit the parks the night we arrive. Like you said, you will have some time to rest up before you go out.

Tick-Tock
05-29-2007, 05:15 PM
I hope not, because we're supposed to land at MCO at 1:30 and have reservations before MNSSHP at LTT at 4:30!:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-30-2007, 03:41 AM
I don't think it's insane at all. Take a nap and then go and enjoy the night. I know that's what I would do:thumbsup:

Here we go again...
05-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Not insane at all. We always plan to make our first day a day of rest before the madness. Yet every trip we are in the parks within 30 minutes of arriving at the resort.
You have plenty of time to get to the party even if you factor in delays. And don't worry about getting there a little late. You have plenty of time to enjoy yourself. :thumbsup:

LittleD
05-30-2007, 08:30 AM
No it's not insane. We do it every year in October, booking MNSSHP on the same day as we arrive. It's a GREAT way to start the vacation!

snifflesmcg
05-30-2007, 08:49 AM
It's not insane at all. In fact, I think that is awsome trip planning. It will give you plenty of time. Enjoy the party!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Another not insane vote here. ;)

We are arriving at MCO at 9:45 on Sept. 14th and going to MNSSHP that night. DD even has an appt at Bibbidi Boppity Boutique for the Castle pkg at 6pm!!

Can't think of a better way to start a vacation in WDW!!

Mickey91
05-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Not insane. We will hopefully arrive at 2PM after driving 7 hours the first night and 5 that day. We will then head over to MK and have dinner at LTT before we enjoy the MNSSHP!:mickey:

Jeff G
05-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Sounds like a great plan:thumbsup:. I love it when we arrive early and are able to get a park in the night we arrive.

Have fun!:mickey: