PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Charles Nelson Reilly

dw2649
05-27-2007, 11:51 PM
The New York Times is reporting that Charles Nelson Reilly, of Match Game fame and a frequent guest on the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, among other things, passed away on friday at the age of 76 from complications of pneumonia. He was also in the original broadway production of How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, where he played Bud Frump, for which he won a tony award.

I am so sad to hear about this, although most game show fans (myself included) knew that this was coming because we all knew that he had been sick for a while. He was one of the funnest people on Match Game. My condolences to his family and friends, including Brett Somers.

2Epcot
05-28-2007, 12:01 AM
I remember watching Match Game many years ago when I was a kid. Charles Nelson Rielly was just part of the show, it wouldn't have been the same without him. I enjoyed all those games shows of the 70s and early 80s.

gueli
05-28-2007, 12:51 AM
RIP
thanks for all the laughs...
:beer:
:(

Goofeygal
05-28-2007, 01:46 AM
Rip!!

KentB3
05-30-2007, 12:37 AM
I was about to post this myself yesterday, before I found this thread. Charles Nelson Reilly was a true comic genius. In fact, Match Game host Gene Rayburn (who is no longer with us as well) stated that he captured the spirit of the show, as a whole. CNR was truly one of a kind, and there probably will never will be another like him. My condolences go to his fans, family, and friends, especially his MG sidekick Brett Somers.

RIP old friend :(

Disney Babe
05-30-2007, 02:57 AM
I loved him in The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (TV version). I will always remember his laugh and his dimples. He was a sweet and funny man.