PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question #3

BrerEmma
05-27-2007, 09:27 PM
What is your leaving ritual from Disney. Mine has been the same since 1973. I remember the time my parents took me down the escalator from the monorail to the parking lot and going down I always look at the MK lighted up at night and this I will never forget. Even today with my children our last view of the MK is at night from the 4th floor of the Cont. Can I please have some Tissue since I am crying so much with this post. Thanks

wedway76
05-27-2007, 10:17 PM
BrerEmma, I think you and I would get along great you seem to be as sentimental as I am.

I always video my son walking out of the MK and heading toward the buses, and I force him to say "Goodbye Disney World". We do it every year. I started that when he was 6 years old and he is 14 now.

kakn7294
05-27-2007, 10:55 PM
We always end at MK and each of the 4 of us gets to choose 1 final attraction to ride before we leave.

DisneyMP3Maker
05-27-2007, 11:55 PM
my mom got us started on a tradition of saying "we're leaving, it's out last night" on video. we have elaborated a little over the years, but there is always a big pout at the end. it's incredibly fun to gussy it up a ton.

Deesdisney
05-28-2007, 12:16 AM
Maybe I am strange and weird but I always make MK the first and last day of our trip. When we leave the park that last night I always walk up to Walt and Mickey and thank them for another wonderful trip and tell them I will see them next year.

jaredkari
05-28-2007, 12:41 AM
We are like everyone else. MK just has a special place in our heart. It is the the first place we go and the last place we go when we leave. I would have to say the looking at the lights down Main Street towards the castle. My wife and I just stop for a second and say goodbye. It is always a sad moment :(

Womble
05-28-2007, 05:11 AM
Our last night at Disney has always been spent at Epcot. We would book a meal for 6pm at one of the World Show Case restaurants and the last thing we would do is watch Illuminations.

Being at Epcot on our last night goes back to the mid 90’s.
MK would not always be opened late in the evening, so to make the most of our last night a WDW we went to Epcot which nearly always closed a 9pm or later.

Jared
05-28-2007, 12:23 PM
We usually leave early in the morning, but we spend our last night at the Magic Kingdom watching SpectroMagic and Wishes.

artyboy
05-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Our ritual is my partner trying to pry my fingers from the doorway of our room in an effort to get me to leave...:blush:

Seriously, we always end with MK and then ride the monrail around for a bit.

(...stopping for a cocktail at Mizner's at the GF seems to help calm me down a bit...)

Juniorunc2001
05-29-2007, 10:15 AM
We do the same as everyone else.
Take a look back down Main Street and get on the Monorail 1 final time.

brad192
05-29-2007, 11:37 AM
I always end at MK.:mickey: I climb to the train platform, stare down Main Street at the Castle for a couple minutes, then turn around, go down the stairs, and exit - while constantly wiping the tears from my eyes.:cry:

Sometimes I'm way too sentimental....:sad:

Not2Loud
05-29-2007, 01:36 PM
I agree, its never fun to be the last day and have to head home. I typically like to hang out at the MK until closing, then ride whatever transportation to my resort - usually the boats to FW. I then drive the little golf cart around FW until I get tired and then head to the cabin for lights out.

I will say though, knowing there will be another trip always makes it more tolerable.

grumpycajun
05-29-2007, 01:57 PM
:sob:

RaRaRoundTheWorld
05-29-2007, 06:17 PM
We always end at MK and each of the 4 of us gets to choose 1 final attraction to ride before we leave.

That's so sweet - I'm going to *borrow* that idea - hope you don't mind!

Donald Duck 224
05-29-2007, 08:40 PM
This whole topic jsut made me miss disney even more...

indytraveler
05-29-2007, 10:44 PM
I have my own ritual... as I leave the MK (ferry boat) I stop at the top and glance back at the castle as it's changing colors and take it in for a few moments knowing it will be awhile before I see it again:sad:

ryca1dreams
05-29-2007, 10:58 PM
We stand in the middle of Town Square before we leave and decide when we're coming back...

Inkdrainer
05-29-2007, 11:33 PM
BrerEmma, I think you and I would get along great you seem to be as sentimental as I am.

I always video my son walking out of the MK and heading toward the buses, and I force him to say "Goodbye Disney World". We do it every year. I started that when he was 6 years old and he is 14 now.

That's so adorable! How nice.

RAIDER
05-30-2007, 03:37 AM
I always make a point of leaving my last day in Florida in MK as that way i always remind myself how lucky i have been to be able to afford to get there time and time again .....I always find i have a lump in my throat on the ferry boat home :mickey::thumbsup:

Mandalorian30
05-30-2007, 11:09 AM
I always spend the first and last day of my trip at MK. It just seems right. It's always so hard to leave on the last day. I almost want to cry every time.

This last time, my girl and I walked through Cinderella's Castle, stopping in front of it once through. We both stared up at the castle, then slowly made our way up Main Street. Once we got to the end, we again turned around, looked down Main Street and just stared at the Castle. We hugged, and then said our goodbyes to WDW.

I think that will be our ritual from now on. It was sad, but so nice at the same time.

Man...I always miss that place so much when I'm not there!

JERSEYDISFAN
05-30-2007, 12:21 PM
While not a ritual, there are two moments that stand out in my memory at every visit. First is when we arrive at our resort and are deboarding the bus or limo. Invariably there are one or more families waiting for transportation to the airport. I always look at their sad faces and feel a little empathy for them as they suffer through the "last day" blues. This lasts for a very short while however, as we register and realize that we are at the beginning of another great stay and there are many days of fun ahead.

The second moment is at the end of our stay when we are outside waiting for transportation to the airport - feeling the "last day" blues - and a bus pulls in and some very excited families pile off anticipating their stay at WDW and then we brighten up knowing that this will be us on our next trip, which we are already planning.

P.S. the actual ritual is dinner at a signature restaurant (this Oct trip it will be Blue Zoo) followed by a final viewing of I-ROE.

Michigander
05-30-2007, 12:44 PM
I stand at the back of the ferry and watch the park slowly disapear. This year we got to see the water show on the lagoon as we left. That was so cool!!! But mostly I cry inside knowing I won't be returning for at least a year. :crying:

Jessie
05-30-2007, 02:35 PM

This is a great idea!

dolphinmickey9170
05-31-2007, 05:59 PM
Our last night, we catch the fireworks at the castle. Wait for the crowds to clear a bit and as we walk down Main Street toward the train station, we pause and wave to Walt's Window and tell him goodbye and that we will be back again soon. Makes me cry everytime, just getting choked up writing this. But it helps if I have planned the next trip already, I guess it makes it easier to leave knowing we'll be back.

Nicki'sMom
05-31-2007, 06:57 PM
I wonder if Walt had any idea how many people he would touch with his gift of DISNEY.....

mrsgaribaldi
06-01-2007, 08:18 AM
We have no ritual, we are boring.:blush:We just get in the car and lave. I take alot of pics of all the surroundings to remember.

DestinationWDW
06-01-2007, 07:18 PM
This is not a stupid question - I love it - and all of the answers!!!! Since we drive from Atlanta, we spend our last morning at the world "celebrating" and filling our tummies at Chef Mickey's before we "hit the road". Then I weep when we get in the car for 8 hours of kids fussing and fighting and knowing I'm returning to the "real world!" :mickey: