PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick should be gone!

Donald A
05-27-2007, 07:37 PM
I am sick and tired of these pro athletes who think they can do whatever they want. I just spent $2000 to save my cat from death and I have no tolerance for those that abuse animals. Dog fighting? A report is that Michael Vick bet 10s of thousands of dollars on this stuff.

Kick him out of the league. A California Congressman has told the NFL commissioner that he may open an investigation if Vick is not punished. I don't like Congress getting involved in things but that might be what it takes. The NFL thinks it is so high and mighty.

I just might try to go to an Atlanta game if I can find one nearby and boo this thug. Hopefully, however, he won't play because he'll be suspended with PacMan! Hopefully, he'll get more than a year though.

kakn7294
05-27-2007, 08:20 PM
If they can prove the things they've said he's done, I whole-heartedly agree. I don't tolerate those that abuse animals either and I'm tired of athletes getting away with criminal activity (regardless of the severity of the crime) just because they are famous. They need punished just as the rest of us would be.

dumbo ears
05-27-2007, 08:50 PM
I agree with everything you have said. hes a thug just like his brother and he shouldn't even be allowed to play in the NFL. they are just bad romodels and all pro sports should get rid of them.

emmatink
05-28-2007, 04:02 PM
As an ATLien I would have to say I support my falcons but I do not support a dog fighting quarterback named Ron Mexico....from the hand "your number one with a middle finger" towards the fans, to the "it's not my unknown substance in the hidden bottom of the bottle" to "i'm mike vick and everybody loves mike vick" comment, he's not the best role model to have for ATLANTA, NIKE or anyone else!!! Maybe Canada or Europe would like to give Vick a try????............please!!!!!!!!!!!:cloud9:

Ian
05-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Agree 100%. They need to stuff him back under whatever rock his brother crawled under after he ruined his NFL career by being an idiot.

Advnt05
05-29-2007, 01:41 PM
I agree about punishing him if they can prove he commited a crime. I'll wait for the trial to form my opinion. Im cynical these days about media reports that seem open and shut.

He is a part of a players union so if he serves his penalty, than he'll be back. That's how the system works. There will always be a team that needs his services. How many other athletes have committed crimes yet get picked up by the league because they're good athletes?

I'm just sad that they traded Matt Schaub. The writing has been on the walls for years.

Juniorunc2001
05-29-2007, 02:56 PM
HAHA i forgot about the Ron Mexico mess.

He is a thug, and will be suspended. The NFL has to good of an image to actually let him play all year.
He will be found guilty before the season starts, and will not play again w/ ATL.

BrerSchultzy
05-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Let us not forget that PacMan Jones has yet to be found guilty of anything either. And look what the Commish did to him.

Here's what I find interesting: The "informant" claims that Vick was a big player in dog-fighting in 2000...before he got drafted by the Falcons. So...quick question...where'd he get the money to buy his first fighting dog. Either, the informant is lying, or Vick was getting some cash under the table.

Either seems plausible. But, I'd be surprised if Vick plays at all this year. Goodell's got an itchy trigger finger, and deservedly so. Bye Mike. :hi: Can't say I'll miss ya'.

kakn7294
05-30-2007, 06:55 AM
I saw a news report that stated that the police have secured a search warrant for Vick's home. I'm quite interested to see if they find anything.

Update - The news report now says that the warrant was issued on May 23 to search the property in Virginia that was raided in April looking for up to 30 dog carcasses but has not been executed. What are they waiting for?

Donald A
07-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Vick was indicted today by a grand jury. This should keep the thug from playing a down this year.

JPL
07-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Unfortunately he will end up playing IMHO. I think they will take he is innocent until proven guilty route and the league will let him play.

kakn7294
07-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Unfortunately he will end up playing IMHO. I think they will take he is innocent until proven guilty route and the league will let him play.That's what I think will happen too - they need him too much to do without so I wouldn't be surprised to see his trial "delayed" until after the season.

LilHooligan74
07-17-2007, 11:53 PM
He is going to play, no one will stop him. The indictment means nothing more than he is indicted. He may never even go to trial. The truth of the matter is he is put up on a pedestal like all other public figures. It takes many many arrests and indictments for the government to finally react. Look at Paris Hilton, Robert Blake, O.J. Simpson(he wrote a book about to how to kill his wife!). Look at Robert Downey he was an addict and got arrested how many times before the court took action. Vick should have been charged as soon as the house was raided, simply because it was HIS property. If you lend a friend your truck, they commit a felony without your knowledge and are caught while commiting that felony, guess what? you may lose your truck. Hopefully the justice system will work this time. But let's look at this logically. If they prosecute him in Virgina they will use residents of that state as jurors. How many people in Virginia know who Michael Vick is? Come on!:sick:

cubbie
07-18-2007, 01:22 AM
I'm going to wait until I hear all the facts on the case to fully form an opinion, but from what ESPN reported, I agree with what others are saying. If the evidence is laid on the table, and all he gets is a slap on the wrist, I may never watch the NFL again. If this was a normal job, Vick would have been fired already. It's sad that these are people who we look up to, when teachers, firefighters, and police officers devote their lives to a calling that hardly allows them to make enough money to get by. It's clear we need to change our opinions on who are "real" role models.

Ian
07-18-2007, 08:29 AM
If I had to bet, my bet would be Michael Vick never plays another game in the NFL again.

Roger Goodell is NOT KIDDING about cleaning up the league. And what Vick has done is much worse than some of these others in terms of public opinion.

Goodell can't have the league's image tarnished to the point of having a dog killer in the NFL.

LilHooligan74
07-18-2007, 08:39 AM
It's sad that these are people who we look up to, when teachers, firefighters, and police officers devote their lives to a calling that hardly allows them to make enough money to get by. It's clear we need to change our opinions on who are "real" role models.
I agree with you 100%. It is too early to know what will happen but the balls should have rolling sooner.

Hammer
07-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Actually, I think Goodell may wait for actual charges to be filed before taking action. The other players who were suspended by him were actually charged with something. Now, this does not stop the Falcons from doing something. They are free to bench or release him, which is what I think will happen.

Hammer
07-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Okay, actual charges have been filed as well, according to ESPN radio. Goodell can now use precedence in suspending Vick. I see the Falcons possibly taking a chance on Culpepper in light of the situation.

Scar
07-18-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm not sure about the suspension. I could be wrong but I think this will be Vick's first arrest since joining the league in ’01. The other 3 guys that were suspended have been arrested multiple times in only a few years (Pacman Jones has more arrests than interceptions.) My guess is if he pleads not guilty and tells Goodell that he’s innocent, they’ll probably let him play until he’s convicted.

Ian
07-18-2007, 11:57 AM
The problem in this case isn't the legalities, it's the court of public opinion.

You can't trot Vick out on the field in Atlanta and have him getting booed and getting things thrown at him all game. It's pointless.

It would be one thing if he was a beloved QB in his hometown that had 3 Super Bowl rings and 10 Pro Bowl seasons. People would be more likely to back him.

This is a guy that has flipped off his fans and basically acted like a complete thug from day one. Oh yeah, and he's not a very good quarterback either.

Even if the league doesn't suspend him (which I still think they will) I'd be shocked if the Falcons start him. The public outcry would be way too much.

RAIDER
07-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Just read about this on the NFL website and all your comments on Intercot ....

Its absolutley shocking :mad:if he has done this, and if found guilty i hope they ban him for at least a year if he doesnt get a jail term ....

Ian
07-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Looks I was wrong ... early indications are that Goodell and the NFL are adopting a wait-and-see approach to Vick. Seems like they're willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, because he has a "relatively" clean record (a fact which I'd dispute, but ... ).

I still don't see how the Falcons can put him on the field, though. Will the NFL really tolerate fans in the stands with signs that say "Kill the Dog Killer" and Michael Vick's hanging in effigy (they'll be there, believe me)?

pshokie
07-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Here's what I find interesting: The "informant" claims that Vick was a big player in dog-fighting in 2000...before he got drafted by the Falcons. So...quick question...where'd he get the money to buy his first fighting dog. Either, the informant is lying, or Vick was getting some cash under the table.

Either seems plausible.

Please don't say this. It may come true.....please oh please oh please do not let it be true.

In case you cannot pick up on my tone, I get the feeling it could be true. I just do not want it to be true. And I don 't know if I should be sad or get angry. I will probably do both.

Can't believe I cheered for the guy....

Hopefully the justice system will work this time. But let's look at this logically. If they prosecute him in Virgina they will use residents of that state as jurors. How many people in Virginia know who Michael Vick is? Come on!:sick:

I think you are WAAAAAAAAAY of base with this comment. Makes it sound like we Virginians will do anything to protect Michael Vick. I can tell you, as a VT alumn and still living in the Commonwealth, he is not exactly getting a lot of love here. Some people want to see him taken down "just because he's Michael Vick". Some, like myself, feel somewhat betrayed by him. I do not think Virginians will let him walk. Problem is, it takes all 12 jurors to convict. Only 1 to aquit.

If I had to bet, my bet would be Michael Vick never plays another game in the NFL again.

Roger Goodell is NOT KIDDING about cleaning up the league. And what Vick has done is much worse than some of these others in terms of public opinion.

Goodell can't have the league's image tarnished to the point of having a dog killer in the NFL.

He will not play another game. PETA & the Humane Society have said as much. If the NFL does not suspend him "indefinitely" before this season, they will have protest after protest after protest. This will not go away. This could turn into a HUGE headache for the NFL. Easiest thing to do is throw him under the bus, regardless of guilt or innocence.

And unless he cuts a deal (which would admit "knowlegde" of this ring and therefore get him suspended by Goodel), this thing is going to trail. Do you think Courrt TV will say "We want to respect his rights as a citizen. As such, we will request cameras be barred from the trial."

WHAAAAA???

Heck no. This thing is going to be on TV day after day after day. Guilty or innocent, every gorry detail of every charge is going to be put on display for the whole world to see. There is no way he can recover from that. And do you realy think the NFL will"stand by" him during the TV extravaganza? Heck no. The league is bigger than Michael Vick, and they will cast him aside. They are just trying to figure out "how to do it" (in a public relations sense).

Look at it this way, Is OJ a murderer? The law saws no. What do you, court of public opinion say?

This is bad. The "fairest" thing to do is to suspend him with pay until the charges are dismissed, dropped, aquited or otherwise resolved.

If he is convicted, he is done.

WDWfanatic742
07-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Figures that this had to be my favorite team. Liked them before Vick came and will like them after he most likely gets suspended or thrown off the team.

Just from the team stand point, they should never have traded away Matt Schabb. He did fairly well when Vick kept on getting injured those few years. Now it's going to be funny if they go after Culpepper and him and Harrington will be both fighting for a job against each other like they did down here in Miami.

battlefield2freak
07-18-2007, 02:25 PM
i saw a news video on AT&T's home page and it said michael vick indicted. i didnt watch it but ill attempt to find the link to it. Edit: found the link http://home.bellsouth.net/s/editorial.dll?fromspage=ch/c.htm&categoryid=&only=y&pnum=2&bfromind=2784&eeid=5309089&_sitecat=599&dcatid=0&eetype=article&render=y&ac=6&ck=&ch=vv

it says on the video description that the indictment alleges that vick and 3 began sponsoring dogfighting as early as 2001. at least it didnt happen to my team though.

cubbie
07-18-2007, 08:28 PM
I didn't know about PETA and Humane Society protesting, but that does seem like an obvious thing for them to do. Personally, as an advocate of the punishment fitting the crime, I'd love for the judge to give him two options:

1. Let Vick continue to play, but the majority of his salary/bonuses must be donated to the Humane Society or similar organizations.
2. Make him get into the ring with those dogs and see how long he lasts.

The second may be a bit extreme, but I think it just may get the point across.

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Oh, PETA and the HS will be in FULL force, no question. It's a high profile case of extreme animal cruelty. There's no way they would walk away without making their presence known, and loudly. They, along with Russel Simmons and a few others have already begun writing to the NFL and the Falcons demanding action.

On the way home from work, my local sports station had an attorney on the air discussing this whole fiasco. He (the attorney) claims that the Grand Jury wins 96% of their cases, either by plea, or by conviction. They don't mess around.

Absolutely disgusting.

LilHooligan74
07-18-2007, 09:54 PM
I do not believe I am off base. I did not say I believe everyone in the state is pro-vick. It was merely a statement. You said it yourself, all you need is one to acquit. All he needs is one MIchael Vick fan on the jury, not the whole state of Virginia. The odds might be pretty good for him.
I am not a fan of Michael Vick, I hope he gets convicted. I feel he is guilty of those charges, but that is my opinion.
I do think you have too much faith in the justice system. The justice system works sometimes, but rarely works well with public figures.
Let's hope the NFL will take their own actions against Michael Vick.

battlefield2freak
07-18-2007, 10:07 PM
I do not believe I am off base. I did not say I believe everyone in the state is pro-vick. It was merely a statement. You said it yourself, all you need is one to acquit. All he needs is one MIchael Vick fan on the jury, not the whole state of Virginia. The odds might be pretty good for him.
I am not a fan of Michael Vick, I hope he gets convicted. I feel he is guilty of those charges, but that is my opinion.
I do think you have too much faith in the justice system. The justice system works sometimes, but rarely works well with public figures.
Let's hope the NFL will take their own actions against Michael Vick.

after the pacman jones incident im very sure goodel will suspend him or ban him from playing again. im not a big vick fan but i think atlanta needs him or they will be the 2008 raiders and play like the raiders did last year, not to offend any raiders fans out there but i hope you all do better this time around.

kakn7294
07-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Well, surprise, surprise - the NFL has decided that although Michael Vick will miss the start of camp due to his court date, he CAN join camp and play this season until he's either convicted or acquitted. So much for the new personal conduct policy and Roger Goodell's vow to clean up the NFL.

battlefield2freak
07-19-2007, 04:00 PM
i bet they will let him play this year till he gets a court rulling in the case on wether he is guilty or not. which means he may miss a few games

PeterPanFan
07-20-2007, 08:27 AM
This whole thing makes me want to vomit! Why must man be so crule to this earth and its creatures.

Think about this the person we all love so much is a mouse and the first thing when one is near you you want to scream and kill it.

Mickey'sGirl
07-20-2007, 08:55 AM
I do not follow football, and I honestly had never heard of this guy before this horrible case hit the airwaves ...
Maybe Canada or Europe would like to give Vick a try????............please!!!!!!!!!!!:cloud9:Don't be sending him here thanks! There is only one place appropriate enough for this guy -- you may recognize the landlord... :thedolls:

battlefield2freak
07-20-2007, 01:23 PM
I do not follow football, and I honestly had never heard of this guy before this horrible case hit the airwaves ...Don't be sending him here thanks! There is only one place appropriate enough for this guy -- you may recognize the landlord... :thedolls:
lol nice but lets all keep in mind he isnt guilty of any of these charges yet so lets not get this to out of hand until there has been a ruling by the judge

BrerSchultzy
07-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Here's why Michael Vick will not play a down this year:

Gambling.

Period. A large part of the federal indictment includes racketeering and gambling charges. If convicted, he faces up to five years in prison....federal prison. Any conviction or plea for gambling means big time ban for the NFL. There's no way around it.

How does he avoid that? Plea bargain. Which means he would have to admit to the dogfighting allegations. Which would be enough for Goodell to look at public opinion and say "no more."

Look at Tank Johnson....the league and Players Union were okay with the Bears cutting him after being arrested for DUI....two weeks later, turns out he was innocent. But the public wanted blood, and the NFL was more than happy to appease.

The Federal prosecuters have a 95% conviction/plea rate. And I'm sure that's a number they're proud of, and wouldn't jeopardize it on such a high profile case. Sure, there's a chance the informants were influenced illegally to give up Michael Vick, but there is no denying what has happened. Three men have confessed to taking part in an illegal gambling/dogfighting ring that was headquartered at a house Michael Vick owned. He did something. And even if he wasn't involved, he turned his back on those dogs, which is just as much a crime in my opinion.

I also hope that VTech is not hurt in all this. Frank Beamer and the entire school deserve more than having this idiot as their most high profile alumni. Grr.

I say this once more....BYE MIKE....can't say I'll miss you. (And if you're gone, I'll become a Falcons fan).

Donald A
07-20-2007, 05:42 PM
I read last night that the judge assigned to the case is pretty heavy handed. He is not going to care who Vick is. He is likely not going to give him special treatment. This is federal court. This judge could care less.

This thug is going to have the best lawyers money can buy. You know what they are probably going to tell him to do ...... plea bargain. Either way, I don't believe he will play again. If he plea bargains he admits guilt and lying to Goodell. There is a suspension. If he lets a jury decide this judge is known for tough sentencing. So the question is, will he risk going to jail. I bet his lawyers try to keep him out of jail. Isn't that their job?

Bottom line, he isn't going to play because of his "thugness." Money might keep him out of jail, however. He better just hope he has enough to live on the rest of his life.

kakn7294
07-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Ok, maybe I spoke too soon. It appears that Goodell has now told Vick that he is not to report to Falcons' training camp pending an investigation by the NFL into Vick's conduct. I've never been more pleased to be wrong. Until this is all sorted out, I think the right thing is to bench Vick.

battlefield2freak
07-24-2007, 12:10 AM
i havent checked the NFL site today or yesterday so id if he did, but there have been news stories on at&t about PETA protesting, nad calling for his suspension.

battlefield2freak
07-24-2007, 12:12 AM
i havent checked the NFL site today or yesterday so id if he did, but there have been news stories on at&t about PETA protesting, nad calling for his suspension. hope its true but i hope some of the falcons opponets go easy on them this year if vick isnt playing. i know the indy vs. atlanta game is going to be a big loss by big points for atlanta on thanksgiving. that is unless they find a good QB in time for the season

Scar
07-24-2007, 09:58 AM
...i hope some of the falcons opponets go easy on them this year if vick isnt playing.:confused:

I'm a little confused by this statement. Please explain.

Melanie
07-24-2007, 10:10 AM
:confused:

I'm a little confused by this statement. Please explain.

Yes, this is indeed confusing. Why should they? Hey, as a fan of a team in the Falcons division, this is good news. Although honestly, I've never been super impressed by Vick. Seems to get injured a lot.

battlefield2freak
07-24-2007, 12:13 PM
well they remove vick they will lose more then likely 5 games ( the number they won last year ) this season because he was there star player remove him from the team and they will get beat badly since they have some big teams to play like colts. im not a falcon fan, as you can tell by my signature im a patriot fan, i never have liked the falcons and i think he did have knowledge of the dog fighting ring that took place at his viginia home. i hope he does get susspended or even banned from the NFL but right now he is still innocent untill proven guilty so im waiting till i hear the verdict from the judge to start criticizing him, even though he might not have actually done any dog fighting he let it take place on his property without telling anyone.

DizneyFreak2002
07-24-2007, 07:31 PM
My wonderful state of NJ wants to now investigate Vick for the dogfighting he did here in NJ as well as buying dogs from this state for the purpose of dog fighting... GO GET HIM NJ!!!!!! Get this thug in prison where he belongs...

battlefield2freak
07-24-2007, 09:56 PM
haha they will put him in prison for sure. didnt they go through background checks before being accepted into the NFL? because he started in 2003 and he started fighting as early as 2001.

emmatink
08-07-2007, 08:33 PM
It is sad that society convicts a person on just an indictment and news stories, but it doesn't help when this was NOT mike vicks first run in with the law. He has hung out with "thug" characters for a long time and they get him into more trouble than he should be letting them. Like my Late Grandfather who was a very wise man, God rest his soul, said....if a man lies with dogs he gets fleas! How true those words are Mike Vick...how true those are....ironic using dogs in that quote huh???:thumbsup:

Advnt05
08-08-2007, 10:52 AM
What is surprising to me is that here in Atlanta, this is turning into an OJ type deal. By saying that, it's starting to divide along racial lines (at least socioeconomic). There was an article on the ESPN Go site titled "Vick's Atlanta" that implies that he is like all of the civil rights icons in the past. He's being prosecuted because of his race and that's how things are in the south.
There is no remorse. Dog fighting is part of back halls America right along side **** fighting. There will always be that element of society that is drawn to violence and gambling be it of any race. I say, get them all until it's not worth doing anymore.

I remember the mayor of Blue Ridge, GA got arrested for **** fighting 2-3 years ago. That was his second arrest and he keeps getting elected.

battlefield2freak
08-08-2007, 11:41 AM
im not accusing vick of anything right now until he has been through his court appearances and that stuff and after the judge rules on it. but you have to remember innocent until proven guilty which he hasnt been proven guilty so you cant accuse him of dog fighting 100% right now

Scar
08-20-2007, 02:34 PM

Michael Vick has accepted a plea deal – and a likely prison sentence – to avoid additional federal charges related to a professional dogfighting operation, according to one of his attorneys.

Scar
08-20-2007, 02:38 PM
My prediction is he will serve one year in prison, then one year suspension, and be eligible to play in 2009. It won’t be for the Falcons.

Donald A
08-20-2007, 03:00 PM

Michael Vick has accepted a plea deal – and a likely prison sentence – to avoid additional federal charges related to a professional dogfighting operation, according to one of his attorneys.

I also saw this news on ESPN.com thanks to your tip :thumbsup: I think it is a no brainer that he is done for the year. I think he will probably also be done for good. He will go to prison and it is hard to stay conditioned in the slammer. Besides, what team is going to want to put him out on the field in their uniform. I love my Browns but if he ended up on their roster I will be done with my Browns.

People do have short memories, but I have a feeling a few people out there are not going to let us forget. All I have to do is look at one of my loved dogs and I get sick just seeing a picture of this thug.

Jeff G
08-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Besides, what team is going to want to put him out on the field in their uniform. I love my Browns but if he ended up on their roster I will be done with my Browns.

Can you picture the buzz in the Dawg Pound if Vick played in Cleveland:eek:?

Now that he has admitted his guilt there is no way I would support him on any team nor would I want the Packers to sign him, even if he was the final cog to get them to the Super Bowl.

With the NFL's track record I'm sure he'll be dealt with stearnly. From the reoprts I've seen the Falcons will most likely cut him and even with his upside (if there is any) I doubt to many owners are going to be willing to take a gamble on him. My guess is he'll ever see an NFL field again.

Epc0tphr34k
08-20-2007, 06:13 PM
the plea bargain is for vick to plead guilty of conspiracy. i bet the raiders and cowboys would both still sign him. I also would rather have him on my team than some players in the league that have actually been accused of harm to human beings like for instance sean taylor who was actually up for what would equate to 21 years in prison worth of assault charges. i am not condoning what Vick did but i think they have been trying to crucify him for a long time, and i don't think that is right either.

and on a football side of things all you counting out atlanta, they may be a better team without vick, they are certainly more dangerous through the air with harrington, and dunn and norwood are a pretty good 1/2 punch in the backfield. i wouldn't start sleeping on their offense yet.

Ian
08-20-2007, 07:16 PM
I stopped saying "never" in regards to the NFL the day the Patriots signed Randy Moss.

I wouldn't be shocked if Vick never played again, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did either.

What is surprising to me is that here in Atlanta, this is turning into an OJ type deal. By saying that, it's starting to divide along racial lines (at least socioeconomic). There was an article on the ESPN Go site titled "Vick's Atlanta" that implies that he is like all of the civil rights icons in the past. He's being prosecuted because of his race and that's how things are in the south.That's not just in Atlanta. I was listening to our local sports talk radio this morning and someone was making the same point.

Basically he was saying that Rick Tocchet and Tim Donaghy got off light, both in the media and in a court of law, as compared to what Vick was getting.

I think he's nuts ... Tocchet plays in the NHL (the least popular of the Big Four) and no one has any clue who Tim Donaghy is.

Mike Vick is one of the premier players in the premier league. Not to mention that what he did was far more reprehensible than what either Donaghy or Tocchet did.

Gambling on sports is bad for sure, but I think most people could at least envision a scenario where they'd end up involved in gambling. They can identify at least to a degree with Tocchet and Tim Donaghy. I doubt very many people can possibly fathom doing any of the things that Vick did.

DNS
08-21-2007, 04:34 PM
This whole thing sickens me. The horror of this kind of treatment to human or animal is just outrageous and unacceptable. And while people are talking about what Vick has now entered a guilty plea for, remember there were many others involved in this who have also entered pleas of guilty.

Stitchahula
08-24-2007, 03:08 PM
First off let's just say I'm more than a little mad at this. This person thinks he has the right to make 2 animal rip at eachother until death and if not than he feels justified to kill his dog if it looses. I do not believe a year or 2 in jail is justice. I hope this jerk atleast gets prison justice. Sorry like I said this makes me mad I've had to bury 2 of my dogs in the last 2 years because we couldn't make them well and I would've done anything to cure them if I could. To see anyone think so little of a dogs life just because they are "just a dog" makes me mad.:mad:

Donald A
08-24-2007, 07:33 PM
His suspension without pay is official! Goddell also appears to not be worried about Vick not pleaing that he gambled. "Association" with the gambling will hopefully keep him out of a NFL uniform forever. Like I said before, the day Vick wears a uniform is the day that I never watch another NFL game.

WDWfanatic742
08-24-2007, 09:10 PM
He'll get at least a year suspension ontop of his jail sentence, but he will be back playing in the NFL after that. Some team will sign him if Atlanta does cut him and collect their money that he now owns them.

murphy1
08-27-2007, 12:49 PM
I haven't talked to anyone yet who wants him back here. This is just the tip of the iceberg, too many sports "heroes" do wrong things and get away with it.