PDA

View Full Version : New Stuff Worth The Time?

elmjimmlm
05-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Has anyone seen Finding Nemo the Musical, Finding Nemo ride or Monsters Inc. Laugh Factory? How do they rate in your opinion?

NLODisney
05-27-2007, 11:15 AM
I saw them all last week and thought they were good. The musical I heard some people say they thought it was too childish I thought it was cute. The ride I liked and thought it was a good update. Monsters Inc laugh floor was pretty funny and the audience interaction was good. I will do them all again on the next trip.

PirateLover
05-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Nemo Musical- Not a fan of the visible people with puppets thing. Plus they really had to chop the story up, and I didn't like many of the songs.

Nemo ride- Cute but could've been much better

Monsters Inc- I thought this was HILARIOUS the first time around but it really depends on the audience. And it doesn't stand up well on repeat viewings.

I would say def check out the Nemo ride and Monsters Inc, but I wouldn't waste time waiting in line for the Nemo show.

kadesha
05-27-2007, 12:38 PM
I just got home from Disney. I did not see the musical, but i was NOT impressed with the Nemo ride. It was a huge waste of our time. My 2 and 3 year olds were not impressed. We did enjoy the laugh floor very much. It was quite funny and had a good bit of audience interaction. It's only worth watching once though, because unlike Turtle Talk with Crush, the Laugh Floor doesn't differ very much. We saw it twice, and it was basically the same script, just using different people in the audience. Definetly see it though, it's great.

MsMin
05-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Monsters wasn't open in Dec. on our last trip but we did do Nemo the musical and the ride. I was more impressed with the musical. The costuming was great and there was one part that I continued to laugh about long after it was over. We didn't have to wait long in line but since we were with my parents both Nemo attractions allowed them to join us. :nemo:

artyboy
05-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Funny...

We really loved the Nemo ride...we thought the tone was fun, and the effects more like "old" EPCOT.

We're going to check out the show and the Monster's Inc. attraction on this coming visit...so, watch for a trip mreport when we get back.

We leave Wednesday!!!

Crow
05-27-2007, 09:28 PM
im leaving Tuesday and will check them out.
probably check out the ride first, as ill be at Epcot around noon, my first park always :marg:
the El rio update new name thingy, and Nemo ride.
POC refurb & Monsters Laugh
AK is usually park i go briefly my 2nd or 3rd day, so the musical will probably b the last of the new things i get to
these are all new since my last visit last May

DizneyRox
05-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Personally I think the Nemo show is second only to Festival of the Lion King. It's a must see, at least once anyway.

I could pass on the The Seas with Nemo. It's really just a queue to get into the pavillion, head to the left and you can get in much quicker. I think it's better than the Hydrolators, but I've seen the line wrap all the way out to Coral Reef and that's just too much for such a simple ride.

I didn't see Monsters. If it's anything like Turtle Talk, I won't be waiting in any lines to see it. Cute concept, but I'd rather wait in lines for something else (not SGE though).

CaptSmee
05-27-2007, 11:16 PM
The Nemo musical was much better than I thought it was going to be. I would highly recommend seeing it, it's much better than Tarzan was!

The Nemo ride was also much better than I thought it would be. It is very well done and reminds me of classic Disney dark rides. The Queue is pretty amazing, and I love some of the effects on the ride.

Haven't seen the Monsters show yet, but I will be seeing it next week!

dakotamom
05-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Holy swiss cheese Batman! You HAVE to see the Nemo musical. The props alone are cool and I really liked the whole story line (follows the movie)
Nemo the ride was a bummer for my family. The queue was cool but it took FOREVER to walk through and the ride itself wasn't that exciting or entertaining for myself/kids.
Would love to see the Monster's comedy club, since it wasn't open when we were there. Let me know what you think!

Catzle
05-28-2007, 09:31 AM
We saw them all. We liked all of them and do think it's worth to see them, at least once. My 5 year old loved the Finding Nemo ride which we did like 5 times, no lines anytime we went. We only did Laugh Floor once but thought it was funny and if we had more time would of done it again. The musical we all liked and thought it was very good!

SteveO
05-28-2007, 11:50 AM
I thought Finding Nemo: The Musical was outstanding. Do not miss it. I thought the Nemo Ride was "cute" but I really think the whole Nemo addition to The Living Seas was unnecessary and detracts from the original intent of the pavilion.

Loved Monsters Inc. Thought I would hate it but took the chance; thought it was terrific.

Jared
05-28-2007, 12:21 PM
I thought Finding Nemo: The Musical was outstanding. Do not miss it. I thought the Nemo Ride was "cute" but I really think the whole Nemo addition to The Living Seas was unnecessary and detracts from the original intent of the pavilion.

I agree. Finding Nemo- The Musical is an incredible production, slightly worse than Festival of the Lion King. Everyone should see this show at least once.

The Seas with Nemo and Friends is better than I thought. The final effect is so unique and interesting to make the ride worthwhile.

Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor was better than expected, but I'm not sure about its repeat value.

Marilyn Michetti
05-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Nemo, the Musical was almost as good as the Broadway Lion King, and I think that's what they should have done with it. It's too long, (about 45 min.) for a theme park, and too short to do it justice.

It's beautifully done, and it will give you a chance to rest your feet in the renovated Tarzan theater, which is now air conditioned, and it's way cheaper than the $120 we each spent for Lion King in Phoenix, so I think you should give it a shot.

If nothing else, I saw lots of little ones napping.:D

Disney Doll
05-29-2007, 01:49 PM
I loved the Nemo musical! It will be a must see for my family from now on. The Nemo ride was okay, but nothing I'd have to do every trip. It's a good slow ride that would probably be popular with little kids. We didn't get to see Laugh Floor yet so I can't comment on that one.

Belle_0717
05-30-2007, 01:12 PM
I have seen all three.

- Nemo the Musical - AWESOME. DH and I got to sit in the front area on the aisle. It is cool how they fly the props over you. I thought it was going to bother me too since it was live actors but it didn't impact the delight at all.

- Nemo the Ride - SKIP IT! It had just opened during our October trip. We were waiting on line when it decided to break down. We saw it the next day and I was SOO SORRY we wasted the time both days.

- Laugh Floor - HILARIOUS! We enjoyed it so much. We let a family stay together or else the DH would have been the "stinky" guy!

Kate In Wonderland
05-30-2007, 06:09 PM
I haven't seen the Nemo musical or the ride, but the Laugh Factory is a MUST SEE! My DH and I were crying we were laughing so hard (and we weren't really sure what to expect). Also, it's theater style, so they take a lot of people at once. It was a busy day at the MK when we were there, but we only had to wait about 5-10 minutes for that ride. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
05-30-2007, 06:20 PM
I liked all three. The Nemo musical being 1, The Laugh Floor 2 and the Nemo Ride 3. They were all good and worth seeing at least once so you can make your own decision:thumbsup: