PDA

View Full Version : A Yankee Thread - 2007 Season

DisneyGiant
05-27-2007, 02:51 AM
I thought it would be nice to have a place where fellow Yankee & Disney fans can commiserate, discuss, chat, whine ;) , intelligently talk about our team's crazy, challenging, seemingly almost lost season.

There seems to be a lot of us, and we can at least have a place to share our frustrations and disappointment for this season so far.

Request: That being said - if you don't like, despise, don't care for or otherwise "hate" the Yankees, please start another thread to discuss those sentiments. Pretty please? :blush: Thanks.

DisneyGiant
05-27-2007, 03:02 AM
Though I don't know who would take him.

Normally I like to think I exhibit patience with a player who's slumping (I never gave up on A-Rod last year & of course, my exhibiting patience matters nada anyway :D ) but can we afford to keep him in the line up with the way this whole team has been playing (Thank goodness for Jeter, Posada & A-Rod).

I mean - we need to start winning some games here.

Its been so annoying - when the pitching is good - the hitting disappears. When we bring in 6 runs - the other team scores more.

I've been reading rumors that the Yanks might go after Torii Hunter. How about tomorrow? LOL. Damon needs to go on the DL - NOW.

What's your gut telling you? Do we pull the AL East off (everyone that I read keeps saying Boston's going to cool eventually) or can we even earn a Wild Card spot this year?

Think Cashman has any miracles up his sleeve?

BronxTigger
05-27-2007, 05:12 AM
I don't even know what to think. The spend all this money and they can't even win.

The new stadium is starting to take shape though...it's looking good so far. :thumbsup:

EpcotNut
05-27-2007, 08:12 AM
As much as I hate to say "I'm not panicking" to all of my Red Sox friends, inside I am. I don't get it. I just don't get it. All the money aside, this team just has too much talent to play like this.
Also, something about this season just feels weird. Yesterday, for example, Abreu being called out on back-to-back bad calls just didn't happen in seasons passed - there have been a lot of those calls against the Yanks this year - that NEVER happens - it's always the other way around. I'm not crying - not at all - I just think this team is going to have to find something to rally around - like Roger Clemens' return - and go from there. I will say - Rocket's return will make for a very interesting and fun summer. Lets get him going, get through the rotation 4 or 5 times without missing a start, get Hughes back and get back to .500. All those things need to happen before we can even start talking Wild Card...:confused:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-27-2007, 09:27 PM
I will never give up on my beloved Yankees however, I really hope we can get it together...soon.

Some days it seems like they are really coming around and they are playing really great baseball. Bats are going, pitchers are keeping it going. Other days (sadly,most days lately) they just really fall apart.

Jeter, Arod, Posada and a few others have been constant. Thankfully we can rely on them.

My middle son, 7, is a HUGE Yankees fan. He keeps asking me if they are going to make it to the WS this year?! Thankfully he is young enough to let "We'll see" be a good enough answer. :unsure: We get two 7 game flex packs each season for a total of 14 games, plus we go to Opening Day and games in between. So far, they have won 4 of the last 5 we have gone to. One of which was a huge game for Arod. (We were down by 2 and he hit a walk off with 2 on to win the game with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th!!!!). Our next game is not until July 2nd. We are hoping they can "come around" by then so he can continue to watch them win. I told him that maybe he was their good luck charm..lol. ;)

I keep telling myself it is only May. We are really hoping we can see the season turn around soon.

kakn7294
05-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Kakn7294's DH posting: Funny you should mention a lost season - I thought the same thing myself when I saw the Yankees loss yesterday to the Angels. It does seem that the season is going south in a hurry but maybe it's just the Yankee fan in me that I still believe that they can turn it around. Of course that is if the pitching staff ever comes around and the hitting improves - they need more consistency in the bats. I ultimately feel the worst for Joe Torre as irregardless of what's quoted in the papers I think the Boss is looking hardest at him. You think this wouldn't bother me as much since I live in Pittsburgh and I'm also a Pirate fan but I have been a devout Yankee fan since 1979 so this is killing me especially since it's the Red Sox in first place.

DisneyGiant
05-28-2007, 09:20 PM
And it looks like it had no effect.

Here are some snippets from an article:

“I’ve seen some tentativeness,” Torre said. “If there’s a word to characterize this whole thing, it’s ’frustration.”’

Torre did not divulge specifics about the meeting, but said he’ll continue to try different things to create a winning spark.“We’re going to keep rearranging the furniture until we find something that works,” he said. “Right now, we don’t seem to be blending this thing very well.”

t’s not about chasing anybody,” Torre said. “Right now we’ve got to straighten out our house. Our playoff opportunity is going to come from our record, not from who we’re chasing.”Torre cautioned against counting on Roger Clemens to cure all of New York’s ills. In his third minor league tuneup, Clemens was sharp Monday at Triple-A and could soon rejoin the rotation.
“We don’t have one savior who can do everything,” Torre said. “We need to have everybody do what they can do and not be afraid to make mistakes.”

JPL
05-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Watching tonight's game vs Toronto all I can say is :confused:

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Disney Yankee
06-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Just came across this thread - don't know how I missed it - given our screen name!!!

Any who - the Yankees have certainly had their share of challenges this year !!

But as I am writing this we have a 6 run lead against Boston - maybe this is a positive sign for things to come!

:thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-01-2007, 11:44 PM
But as I am writing this we have a 6 run lead against Boston - maybe this is a positive sign for things to come!

:thumbsup:

The game just got over. Promising, I hope they can continue this way. They looked like the Yankees I know and love. ;)

What did you think about Proctor??

DisneyGiant
06-09-2007, 12:21 AM
OK - I don't want to jinx us - but finally - four in a row!!!

Hope the Rocket can keep it going tomorrow!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-09-2007, 01:00 AM
OK - I don't want to jinx us - but finally - four in a row!!!

Hope the Rocket can keep it going tomorrow!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We are hoping the same thing!! Go Yankees!!

DizneyFreak2002
06-09-2007, 11:48 AM
I am hoping the Yankees finally turned the corner and will start playing like they should be... There is no excuse for this poor poor start.... Yes, they had injuries, but so did other teams.... But, fellow Yankee fans, let's not panic.. Remember, Atlanta won 14 division titles, and last year were terrible, but are now back on track... The Red Sox had a good team last year, and played like a little league team... So, teams go through these kinds of seasons.... After all the years the Yankees won, it was time for the team to start showing its age and slump badly....

Remember, it isn't where you start or where you are in June... it is where you finish in October.... And something tells me the Yankees will be there in the end....

kakn7294
06-09-2007, 06:09 PM
The Yanks are playing my Pirates this weekend, so you can pretty much figure on a series sweep. :(

DisneyGiant
06-09-2007, 06:13 PM
The Yanks are playing my Pirates this weekend, so you can pretty much figure on a series sweep. :(

Sorry.:blush:;)

Five in a row!!!!

Let's see if the "kid" can make it six!!!

Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002
Remember, it isn't where you start or where you are in June... it is where you finish in October.... And something tells me the Yankees will be there in the end....

Yes - it was hard to see in the beginning.......

DizneyFreak2002
06-10-2007, 01:21 PM
I am glad they are playing better than the beginning of the season... I just fear that Boston has too much of a lead for the Yankees to catch them and make a race of it in the AL EAST....

kakn7294
06-10-2007, 11:25 PM
See, told ya! Pirates = series sweep. Bad for me, great for Yankees fans - including my DH!

DisneyGiant
06-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Yes - six in a row!!!!!!

Now let's get over .500 !!!!!

If we can't win the division - I think we have a legitimate shot at the wild card.

Jacova
06-11-2007, 02:37 PM
We just need two more wins (and no losses) to get to .500! We can do it!

This is :thedolls:, but it feels so nice that after we took 2 out of 3 from Boston - we've been winning and they've been losing. :joy:

GO Yankees!!!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-11-2007, 02:49 PM
I had a Dr's appt this am and was wearing one of my Yankees hats.
The Dr told me I could wear it with pride now since they were coming around and had won the last 6.:D

I told him that I wear them no matter how they are playing. ;)

I am so glad they are playing like the team I know and love.

Let's keep it up!!

(There should be a lot of noise around here this weekend. My son, daughter, husband and I are all Yankees fans, My oldest son is a Mets fan.)

JPL
06-12-2007, 11:09 AM
With lots of time left in the season and all we need are a few more runs like this while Boston is playing below .500 baseball and catching them is certainly not out of the question:thumbsup: Let's face it it will be difficult for Boston to keep up this pace.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-12-2007, 10:51 PM
.500 :party:

DisneyGiant
06-14-2007, 11:54 PM
Nine in a row!!!!

Finally playing up to their potential.

Let's go Rocket! Let's go Yankees!!!!!!

7 more days til paradise!!!! :cloud9:

Jacova
06-27-2007, 01:31 PM
"Can we trade Proctor in for a real pitcher????" -- that's what I yelled to my boyfriend last night, BEFORE he walked in the final run. :mad:

Then I threw my remote at his head. I hope it hurt. :medic:

:bang:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-27-2007, 08:03 PM
"Can we trade Proctor in for a real pitcher????" -- that's what I yelled to my boyfriend last night, BEFORE he walked in the final run. :mad:

I had the same thought last night. :mad: The way this team is playing (or not for that matter) is just making me crazy!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Help me out here Yankees fans. ;):(

We are going to two games at Yankee Stadium this week. The 7:05 game on Monday night and the 1:05 game on Thursday (5th). We had tickets for the 4th too, but we gave them to friends that are braver then us in regards to dealing with the holiday traffic.

Anyway...Some pixie dust that MAYBE they can play like the team I know and love would be great! I am a lifelong fan so, I love going to their games no matter how they are playing. It would just be nice to see them actually play some real Yankees baseball. (And not the nightmare I watched today!!) My middle son, Riley, is a huge fan too. He keeps asking me if they are going to win or lose? He has not been to one game that they have lost so, I am hoping he might be a little good luck charm! ;)

:baseball:

Red Randal
07-01-2007, 06:56 AM
I'll toss a little pixie dust your way for the game but don't hold your breath. We're going to Camden Yards the end of July. Now, you'd THINK an Orioles game is a sure-fire way to see a Yankees win but I, too, am not holding my breath.

It's not so much that the team is playing bad but that the team is playing so amazingly uninspired baseball that I have no idea what it would take to make them win. The millions of dollars, almost automatic playoff berth, and constantly sold out crowds of adoring fans aren't enough to get them to, I don't know, throw strikes with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth or get more than one hit against the A's, then I don't know what will. :mad:

Ahhh....feels nice to get that off my chest. Have fun at the game! If they're losing just grab an awesome sausage and pepper sandwich and a :beer: and forget your worries. Works for me. After this season I'll probably be 400 pounds.

sportsguy2315
07-02-2007, 09:28 AM
With my Twins visiting the Stadium this week, here's what I've gotten from my scouting of the Yanks in advance of the series:
1. Outside of the Rocket, absolutely NO starting pitching. Yes, Wang can get it done, but I don't feel he pitches his potential every start.

2. The core of the Yankees are older. Jeter and A-Rod are 33 and 32 respectively, and while they may be in their primes now, I think Brian Cashman should take some underperformers (i.e. Giambi and Proctor) and trade them for prospects they can develop.

GothMickey
07-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Fire Cashman, Torre. Hire Girardi. Simple enough.

Scar
07-02-2007, 01:22 PM
It would just be nice to see them actually play some real Yankees baseball.Like the early '90's Yankees? ;)

I think Brian Cashman should take some underperformers (i.e. Giambi and Proctor) and trade them for prospects they can develop.Proctor maybe, but there is no other team that would take Giambi (who, by the way, is on the DL.) Maybe if the Yanks paid the rest of his contract they might get something back, but no top prospects.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Like the early '90's Yankees? ;)

;) The Yankees. Period. Per the OP's request, I don't want to debate the topic. :razz:

As for last night's game. Good game. Had fun. :) We are looking forward to Thursday.

JPL
07-03-2007, 12:29 PM
I was extremely impressed with the Rocket last night :thumbsup: I think it's time to string a good streak together and make up some ground:thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-03-2007, 01:37 PM
I was extremely impressed with the Rocket last night :thumbsup: I think it's time to string a good streak together and make up some ground:thumbsup:

He impressed us as well. In fact, my son looked at me at the top of the 8th and said "Mom, Rocket is STILL pitching"..lol.
It was a great game to be at. It was tough seeing Arod being taken out though.

Scar
07-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Per the original OP's request, I don't want to debate the topic. :razz:Agreed :cheers: Sorry.

I would like to, with respect, introduce a topic that has not yet been discussed.

There are rumors that The Boss is very ill. That he may not have the will, or ability, to make decisions for the team anymore. With the son-in-law out of the picture, do you Yankee Fans think there may be a problem? Specifically with Cashman (or whomever) scared to make big decisions?

DisneyGiant
07-15-2007, 04:00 PM

Proctor's been better lately right? Ever since he set fire to all his personal equipment? I found that story hysterical - but hey its working! ;)

DisneyGiant
07-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Agreed :cheers: Sorry.

I would like to, with respect, introduce a topic that has not yet been discussed.

There are rumors that The Boss is very ill. That he may not have the will, or ability, to make decisions for the team anymore. With the son-in-law out of the picture, do you Yankee Fans think there may be a problem? Specifically with Cashman (or whomever) scared to make big decisions?

I've heard the rumors re the boss. Personally, I feel its not anyone's fault but the players. Cashman put a good team together. Torre is being Torre. The players - Damon, Cano, Matsui, and Abreu are all having subpar years.

And let's not forget all the early pitching woes.

My gut tells me that some trades or deals are in the works..........

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-25-2007, 11:58 PM
6.5 GB! Things look so much better these days. I know it is still a long road but, What a difference!! :party:

As a Damon fan...Thank goodness he has been coming around too. (I have been a little nervous to admit it...lol. ;))

JPL
07-26-2007, 12:14 AM
6.5 GB! Things look so much better these days. I know it is still a long road but, What a difference!! :party:

Atleast we can see some light now :D

Red Randal
07-26-2007, 02:06 PM
We need to put together a nice streak this weekend and take four from the O's...hopefully including Sunday afternoon when I'm at Camden Yards. :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
07-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Let's catch Cleveland and Seattle for the wild card first... then take out Boston for first place... GO YANKEES!!!

It only gets better... Phil Hughes is coming back!!!!

DisneyGiant
07-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Well - we didn't take 4 from the O's - but we got today's game.

Only 4 back in the Wild Card ...........

C'mon Alex - get 500 over with!!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Well - we didn't take 4 from the O's - but we got today's game.

Only 4 back in the Wild Card ...........

C'mon Alex - get 500 over with!!!

Did you see the look Posada gave Farnsworth with that one pitch?? Wow, was he angry. Not that I blame him. I don't think it was intentional but, Jorge could have really gotten hurt. :(

As for Alex, What stress he must be under. Next 6 games are home, so it is really cool that it should be in the stadium.

Hey Red Randal...How was being at the game?? Hope you had a great time.

Red Randal
08-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Hey Red Randal...How was being at the game?? Hope you had a great time.

It was quite a nerveracking game to be at, honestly. But Camden Yards was great. I love baseball stadiums and I had been waiting to get to Baltimore for awhile...it definately lives up to the hype. All things considered (rain delay, inept pitching, no 500th home run) it was a really great day.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-01-2007, 11:48 PM
It was quite a nerveracking game to be at, honestly. But Camden Yards was great. I love baseball stadiums and I had been waiting to get to Baltimore for awhile...it definately lives up to the hype. All things considered (rain delay, inept pitching, no 500th home run) it was a really great day.

Glad to hear you had a great time!! :thumbsup:

DisneyGiant
08-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Did anyone see today's game?

An A-Bomb - by A-Rod!!!!!!

I am so happy he finally got his 500th - that had to be so nerve wracking with all those flashes going off (if I had been there, I would have been one of them LOL).

Now the Yankees need to sign him to an extended contract PRONTO!!!!

I am also glad I wasn't in the vicinity of the ball. Check this article out:

NEW YORK -- Alex Rodriguez doesn't collect a lot of memorabilia, but the ball that he sent into the left-field stands on Saturday for his 500th career home run is one thing he'd like to get his hands on.

In a press conference after the game, Rodriguez had not yet met the fan who grabbed the marked No. 500 ball -- a male Rutgers University student who did not want to be identified -- but that doesn't mean that negotiations hadn't already been started. Rodriguez said he hopes to work out a deal with the student so he can save the ball for his two-year-old daughter, Natasha, to appreciate when she gets older.
"It's his ball and I'm happy for him," Rodriguez said. "We've been negotiating something so that I can get the ball back, but if not, I congratulate him for catching it. Nice catch."

If only getting A-Rod's 500th home run ball was that simple. The student didn't catch the ball at all, but grabbed it in the midst of a violent battle in the aisle behind the first rows bordering the left-field fence.

"I really was nervous for that kid," said Phyllis Malgieri from Staten Island, N.Y., who was four rows directly behind the scrum with her daughter and husband. "I thought he was going to get hurt with all those people in there fighting. I was surprised he wasn't full of blood when he got up."
Unlike an unexpected, hard-hit foul ball, Rodriguez's lofty shot hung in the air before landing -- enough time that people knew what was coming.

"You sort of felt sorry for the people that were going to be wrestling for that ball, because you knew for a long time that it was going to fall in there," manager Joe Torre said.

As it did fall, though, there wasn't much that the fans could do but stare as they witnessed history being made. No one was prepared at first to catch the ball, which hit the front-section seats before bouncing into the aisle.

Snapping back to reality, they pounced.
"No one really moved, everyone just kind of looked at it," said 15-year-old Kevin Willinson from Nanuet, N.Y. "But once it hit, it was a brawl; everyone just sort of went for it."
The Rutgers student was on the ground clamoring with the rest of the fans.

Somehow, he got hold of the ball and was promptly whisked away by security guards -- physically removed from the fray, spectators said -- pumping his arm while holding the ball in the air.

"The security guards finally got him -- they literally lifted him right up," said 15-year-old Jimmy Kelly, also from Nanuet, N.Y. "They got him out of there right away."
He doesn't have the ball yet, but Rodriguez is already holding onto the milestone-hitting bat, which hit the first pitch of his first at-bat against Kyle Davies in the Yankees' 16-8 win against the Royals. The helmet A-Rod wore as he rounded the bases is being sent to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, N.Y.

"I definitely want that ball," Rodriguez said. "I got the bat, and those are things I'm definitely going to keep for a long time."
To get the ball from the Rutgers student, Rodriguez said Yankees spokesman Jason Zillo is negotiating with him to see what A-Rod will need to give him to acquire the ball.

"I'm not a good negotiator -- I usually hire a good attorney for that," Rodriguez said. "Hopefully we come up with something."
In the past, players have been known to sign autographs and collectibles in exchange for balls from career-defining moments. For some, though, no amount of collateral would be enough to have endured the scuffle it took to get Rodriguez's 500th home run ball.
"I don't care how much the ball is worth, I wouldn't have wanted to be in the middle of that," Malgieri said. "People just came out of nowhere, like birds fighting for a crumb off the ground. It was scary."

Lauren Kobylarz is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-05-2007, 12:08 AM
I wish I would have been AT the game but, DS and I did watch it from home. :party:

Great moment and great game. We watched his interview after too. I hope he gets the ball back.

He said some great things about being in Pinstripes...I hope he stays in them!!

We have a game at Yankee Stadium on August 17th. I can't wait to get back there. It has been a few weeks!

Off topic a little. I graduated High School with KC's 1st baseman, Ross Gload. He played really well against the Yankees in Kansas City and had a good two games here. It is hard to watch someone you grew up with and not be happy for him, but, he was playing too darn well against my Yankees!! ;)

JPL
08-05-2007, 12:20 AM
I was at the game in the left field upper deck and looked down directly on the scrum what a mess it was. A little harder and it could have been me it looked like it was heading right for our group :thumbsup: It was an awesome day to witness history and be glad you weren't at the stadium it was a scorcher sitting in the stands. People were passing out left and right :(

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-05-2007, 11:03 AM
I was at the game in the left field upper deck and looked down directly on the scrum what a mess it was. A little harder and it could have been me it looked like it was heading right for our group :thumbsup: It was an awesome day to witness history and be glad you weren't at the stadium it was a scorcher sitting in the stands. People were passing out left and right :(

Congrats on getting to witness that first hand. That is pretty cool. :thumbsup:

I know those upper seats can get brutally hot. We were in Tier 7, Row D a few weeks ago and even though it was not a hot day like yesterday we still had to go in a take a few breaks.

Red Randal
08-05-2007, 04:46 PM
So...you caught A-Rod's 500th homerun. Do you give him the ball?

I think I might be willing to just give it to him if it means getting to go into the clubhouse, meet A-Rod and some of the other Yankees, maybe get some autographs, pictures, etc.

Of course, I say that now, when not holding a baseball that's probably worth thousands of dollars in my hand.

DisneyGiant
08-05-2007, 09:55 PM
I would give it back to him - of course, for exchange of all the perks you mention. Its what a loyal fan should do! ;) IMHO of course.

How about those Yanks? .5 out of the wild card lead!!!! Who would have thunk it? :number1:

Now let's keep it up and go kick some Toronto butt!!!!!!!!!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-05-2007, 10:27 PM
So...you caught A-Rod's 500th homerun. Do you give him the ball?

I think I might be willing to just give it to him if it means getting to go into the clubhouse, meet A-Rod and some of the other Yankees, maybe get some autographs, pictures, etc.

Of course, I say that now, when not holding a baseball that's probably worth thousands of dollars in my hand.

Yes. I would give it back to him.:thumbsup:

Even without perks if it meant DS and I could meet him. :cloud9:

Now...let's not go crazy. If I HAD to get some perks out of the deal that would work too..lol.

As far as the standings go, we are so excited in our house. I hope they can keep it up!!!

DisneyGiant
08-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Wow! Did you catch the sweep this weekend? Only 4 games back, and virtually tied for the wildcard!

Let's go Yankees!!!!! Keep the momentum going!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Wow! Did you catch the sweep this weekend? Only 4 games back, and virtually tied for the wildcard!

Let's go Yankees!!!!! Keep the momentum going!!!!!!!!!!!

We watched all weekend. :party:

We are going to the 7:05 game on Thursday night at the Stadium. We haven't been since July 5th so we are really looking forward to it!!!

DizneyFreak2002
08-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Four behind Boston... tied for 1st in Wild Card.... The Yankees have finally arrived... I love how the Mets fans are now shaking that THE YANKEES RECORD IS BETTER!!! LoL.....

DisneyGiant
08-14-2007, 11:05 PM
OK - so tonight a minor setback - lol - if you can call 12-0 minor!! ;)

I still think we're going to make the playoffs - thought I don't want to jinx it!!!!!! :secret:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-14-2007, 11:08 PM
OK - so tonight a minor setback - lol - if you can call 12-0 minor!! ;)

I still think we're going to make the playoffs - thought I don't want to jinx it!!!!!! :secret:

Yeah, that was pretty painful. :scared:

I am still thinking/hoping playoffs too.;)

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Jeez, Why didn't we get tickets for tonight's game instead of last night?! ;)

WTG Andy and Giambi! :number1:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Yankees vs Red Sox tomorrow 1:05 pm at the Stadium!!

Guess who is going to be there??!!

You guessed it...lol... My kids and I!! :yay::dance:

Totally unexpected. My Dad has a co worker who has season Field Champ seats. They are 9 rows back from the field on the first base line. My Dad gets 6 of them each season, never to a Yanks/Red Sox game though. They are amazing seats and my boys are going to flip. I have not told them where we are sitting yet. When we don't go sit in Tier MVP they are going to be shocked!!

I have avoided taking them to a game between the two teams since they tend to get a little rowdy. :thedolls: I know the atmosphere in this area will be great for them. That on top of it being a rare day game between the two teams.

I just wish my Dad's girlfriend and son wasn't going so my DH and DD could go. :( It's okay, they go enough. :secret:

Sorry for the long post. I am just so excited!!

DizneyFreak2002
08-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Going for the sweep.... What is that we hear out of Boston?? Not a peep.... Thinking the Yankees were done?? Not a chance.... Tomorrow, time to knock Schilling around....

DisneyGiant
09-15-2007, 09:49 AM
How about that awesome win last night?

I have to admit - I was a very bad fan last night - and turned the game off!!! Who could have conceived six runs in the 8th?!!!!!!

All I have to say is - way to go - this team wants the division - not just the playoffs!

Makes me proud to be a Yankee fan!!! :thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-19-2007, 11:56 PM
We have been keeping up here in SSR as much as we can. I can get the scores on my cell at least. I have only been able to get the game on the TV once, one of the Boston games on ESPN. :mad:

1.5 games back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:

We are getting harrassed like crazy down here. CM's joking around and taking the kids Yankees hats, telling us we can't get autographs because we are NYY fans...lol. The boys thought they were serious at first. Now, they are getting good with the come backs. It has been a lot of good natured fun. :thumbsup:

DisneyGiant
09-21-2007, 12:06 AM
We have been keeping up here in SSR as much as we can. I can get the scores on my cell at least. I have only been able to get the game on the TV once, one of the Boston games on ESPN. :mad:

1.5 games back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:

We are getting harrassed like crazy down here. CM's joking around and taking the kids Yankees hats, telling us we can't get autographs because we are NYY fans...lol. The boys thought they were serious at first. Now, they are getting good with the come backs. It has been a lot of good natured fun. :thumbsup:

That sounds like fun! My two nephews only wear Disney T shirts when in WDW - and the rest of the baseball season - its Yankees clothing all the way (I think they have every shirt they make!) ;)

I can hardly believe its only 1 1/2 games back!!! Though I am more thrilled that we're "this close" to making the playoffs as the wild card! :baseball:

Seriously - we seem to be ON FIRE!!!! Got to keep that momentum through October!!!!:team:

JPL
09-24-2007, 08:35 AM
At this point let's get the 2 wins to clinch and who cares about first :thumbsup: After the 2 wins let's rest up some of the guys for what should be a long Month ahead :D

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!! :party: :woohoo::trio:

DisneyGiant
09-27-2007, 01:42 PM
We are back in the playoffs!!!!!

JOBA RULES!!!!! lol. Hopefully, I'll be posting that after a World Series game! ;)
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Go Yankees!!!!!!!

Rosanne
09-27-2007, 01:48 PM
We are totally spoiled, making the playoffs the last 13 years. But for some reason, this one was so sweet! I guess it was because it took a lot to get here and everybody wrote us off.

But that champagne looked amazing last night!
GO YANKS!

DisneyGiant
10-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Wow - it seems like we can make the playoffs - but not win a playoff game!

I guess there's still hope........ but it doesn't look good.

At least we made the playoffs.......

And we can't blame this all on A Rod - no one is hitting.

Maybe we've been reverse cursed!!!!! ;)

Melanie
10-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Wow. I'm certainly no fan of the Yankees (although I seem to have given birth to one :rolleyes:), but that was just an awesome game to watch as a baseball fan. :bball:

I've been quite pleased with all the playoff games so far. :thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Man, the past two nights have been tough.

I'm still keeping faith.

What did you think of those nasty bugs?!:ack: I had flashbacks of September in WDW last year with the Love Bug invasion!

DisneyGiant
10-06-2007, 01:44 AM
Those bugs were ridiculous. They should have stopped the game until the swarm died down. The players could barely see - and from what I read - they seemed to "attack" Joba the most (not that he'd use that as an excuse).

Oh well - we'll see if they can win when they have to on Sunday. It would be nice if they could win at least one game - I'm a fan of Joe Torre and I'd hate to see him fired because of a complete sweep. Especially after he helped this team climb back in.

Hammer
10-06-2007, 01:55 AM
The gnats bothered both teams. I saw Perez swatting them as well. It seems this is something on all of the Great Lakes and they weren't going to go away during the game.

Joba made rookie mistakes. Cole Hamels had the exact same problem for the Phillies. Both men pitched relatively well, but I think they had a little nerves being in there first post season game. He may be a Yankee, but he is a 21-22 year old man first.

alpro2
10-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Maybe Jorge Posada can miss another ball! Two in one inning. Game should have ended 1 - 0 Yanks.

Manny hits a walk-off in the Red Sox game....A-Rod strikes out in the 9th with a runner on second.

PirateLover
10-06-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure what stopping the game would've done. I guess maybe give the players a chance to cool down since the bugs were apparently attracted to moisture, but other than that they weren't going to just fly away. The humidity and stale air ensured that they would stick around.

I did see a broadcast that said the OFF they were spraying on Chamberlain may have actually made the situation worse, which could be why it seemed like he was attacked the most since he was doused with the spray twice. I happened to turn on this game just as the bug problem was beginning to escalate and was able to watch it all unfold. It was one of the wildest things I've ever seen.

DisneyGiant
10-06-2007, 03:30 PM
I did see a broadcast that said the OFF they were spraying on Chamberlain may have actually made the situation worse, which could be why it seemed like he was attacked the most since he was doused with the spray twice. I happened to turn on this game just as the bug problem was beginning to escalate and was able to watch it all unfold. It was one of the wildest things I've ever seen.

I had the heebie jeebies all night.

Its just a shame to see the game turn on bugs. Rain & Snow - been done before. Bugs - not so much.

Red Randal
10-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Bugs? Are you serious? BUGS!?! A swarm of gnats are going to take down the Yankees season. You've got to be KIDDING me!

Sadly, I have a feeling it all ends tonight in the Bronx. Not just the season but the era. I'm feeling we're seeing the last of Joe Torre in pinstripes after the 3 game sweep. You can't have a National League manager, Torre, managing this power hitting team. Playoff games are not going to be slugfests, especially when a team can pitch their top 2 starters in four games of a five game series. Teams like the Yankees will find it very hard to win in the playoffs in today's baseball climate and Joe Torre is not the guy to help them along, as awesome of a manager as he is and has been for all these years. Like the old adage goes, good pitching always beats good hitting. The Yankees are built for the regular season, not the playoffs. The bullpen is abysmal and has been for years. There is no reason they should be relying on Joba and Mo to go 2 innings a piece. Vizciano couldn't get an out, Farnsworth is not even worth warming up, Proctor was traded months ago for a guy who's not even going to see the field this post-season, and don't even get me started on the likes of Ross Ohlendorf.

I'm not saying anything that Yankee fans don't already know. Of course, that still won't make tonight any easier.

Donald A
10-07-2007, 02:37 PM
News article today says George admits Torre is gone if the Yankees lose. George is also complaining about the Yankees and the bugs. Cry me a river, George, both teams had to put up with it. George being able to buy everything money can and not winning is his problem not some manager that has won more than a few titles for him. Clemens is pitching tonight and I see the Indians pulling it off against him.

DisneyGiant
10-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Well - we live to see another game!!!!!

If we do lose the series - at least we won't be swept!!!!

Wang goes tomorrow night - his stats are awesome at the stadium. Don't know who goes for Cleveland at this point.......

JPL
10-08-2007, 08:48 AM
After another Scary beginning they pulled it off to play another day. Here's hoping that Wang comes out and pitches like Wang not the player in Game 1 :thumbsup:

As for the other night's bug game it seemed to effect Yankees much more because they had to deal with it first. When they Sprayed Joba with the Off would have worked had they been gnats or mosquitos but they were flying ants so it definately made it worse. I didn't see as many of them on the Cleveland pitcher as I did all over Joba. I can't even imagine trying to pitch and concentrate in a pressure situation with bugs crawling on my face.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-08-2007, 11:50 PM
:bang::(

DisneyGiant
10-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Oh well........

They just stopped hitting.......

It was a miracle that they even made the playoffs......

Looking forward for the Tribe to beat Boston...... :ack:

Red Randal
10-09-2007, 12:52 AM
:mad:

DISNEYFIX
10-09-2007, 03:26 AM
:bang::(

I think they can close this thread now.;)
Love
Boston

Just a little fun, you guys have been kickin our butts for years.

JPL
10-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Oh well........

They just stopped hitting.......

It was a miracle that they even made the playoffs......

They stopped Hitting and why Joe waited to pull Wang is beyond me. I saw he had nothing in the First why even let him go out for the Second when you had Mussina Ready to go and your entire Bullpen on call if needed.

What I really don't understand is how people are calling this and upset:confused: The Division Winner beats the Wildcard and it's an upset.

Red Randal
10-09-2007, 10:53 AM
What I really don't understand is how people are calling this and upset:confused: The Division Winner beats the Wildcard and it's an upset.

Well, when the multi-million dollar men like A-Rod, Giambi, Matsui, and Mussina along with mutiple-time world champions like Jeter, Posada, Rivera, and Clemens lose to the likes of Ryan Garko, Asdrubal Cabrerra, and Kelly Shoppach, I consider it an upset.

Stich8818
10-09-2007, 04:31 PM
I hope this does not come off bad but clearly the better team one the series. Way to go to the Tribe it truly was a TEAM effort, not overpaid individuals. The Rockies,D-Backs and the Indians are all in the playoffs and their payrolls combined does not even come close to what the Yankees are being paid. It just goes to show you that plain old playing baseball sticking to the gameplan and execution wins out over money. They have an uphill battle ahead of them facing the Red Sox, so I am hoping they can pull another "upset" and send the Sox home for the winter.

DisneyGiant
10-09-2007, 09:54 PM
They stopped Hitting and why Joe waited to pull Wang is beyond me. I saw he had nothing in the First why even let him go out for the Second when you had Mussina Ready to go and your entire Bullpen on call if needed.

This morning I heard that Joe was overruled - he wanted to start Moose - but "they" made him start Wang...... And because of that - they might not ask him to come back!

Who else is out there that's better than him (who's available)? I've been hearing that LaRussa is a primadonna - Mattingly is not ready - and supposedly Girardi doesn't get along with Steinbrenner.

I also get a kick out of people complaining about our payroll. Most of these players are paid the best salary based on the free market. They go to the team that pays them the most...........

Heck - the Red Sox won Dice K that way.....

DisneyGiant
10-09-2007, 09:57 PM
I hope this does not come off bad but clearly the better team one the series.

Agreed. The Yankees' pitching certainly fizzled along with timely hitting.

Way to go to the Tribe it truly was a TEAM effort, not overpaid individuals.

Personally - I think they are ALL overpaid.

:)

Scar
10-10-2007, 10:36 AM
This morning I heard that Joe was overruled - he wanted to start Moose - but "they" made him start Wang...... And because of that - they might not ask him to come back!Wait a second. So The Boss first says "Win or your fired", and then he say's "Oh and by the way, you can't pitch the guy you think will give you the best shot at winning." ??? :confused:

Forget being fired, he should quit.

JPL
10-10-2007, 11:32 AM
and supposedly Girardi doesn't get along with Steinbrenner.

Does anyone :confused:

But seriously I have heard the Boss is very ill and isn't really calling the shots any more. i'm guessing they got a quote from him but it has really no meaning at all. I heard Cashman talking about and he said they haven't discussed the matter at all and will start looking at all options including Joe coming back soon when they have the end of season meeting in Tampa.

Donald A
10-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Wait a second. So The Boss first says "Win or your fired", and then he say's "Oh and by the way, you can't pitch the guy you think will give you the best shot at winning." ??? :confused:

Honestly, I can't stand the Yankees, but I like Torre. Isn't something like 12 years managing the Yankees and 6 trips to the World Series. That is incredible to go the the Series 50% of the time. I agree, if you are not appreciated just quit. I think the Yankees will regret it if Torre leaves.

DisneyGiant
10-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Wait a second. So The Boss first says "Win or your fired", and then he say's "Oh and by the way, you can't pitch the guy you think will give you the best shot at winning." ??? :confused:

Apparently, that's just what happened.

Boy am I bummed. :(

Joe Torre = Class Act.

I hope he manages another club next year.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Boy am I bummed. :(

Joe Torre = Class Act.

I could not agree more.

Donald A
10-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Joe will be just fine, I just hate to see a guy who did so much over the past decade be essentially thrown out like an old rag. He deserves much better and if the Yankee powers-that-be don't appreciate him he is probably better off somewhere else. I hate the Yankees but Joe has class and I can't say anything bad about him.