PDA

View Full Version : GF Cafe or Concourse??

Jen66
05-26-2007, 10:38 PM
We need a 1 TS meal close to our resort and MK on July 17th. I am thinking either GF Cafe or Concourse Steak House.
Which is better? Is GF cafe gong to be serving its regular menu in July (this is when Park Fare is being remodeled). Thanks for the help.

Natazu
05-27-2007, 08:12 AM
I think GFC is the better of the two but it really comes down to which menu you like more. Both restaurants are quite good.

tinksmom02
05-27-2007, 08:32 PM
If 1900 Park Fare is under rehab during that time, I believe that the GFCafe will be hosting the character breakfast and dinner.

Here, from Info Central:

"1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will be closed for renovations from July 9 - October 1, 2007. The "Supercalifragilistic Breakfast" and the "Cinderella's Gala Feast Dinner" will be offered as a pre-plated meal held at the Grand Floridian Cafe. In addition; during the rehab Citricos will be open daily to serve breakfast and lunch - as well as dinner."

luv_cinderella
05-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Concourse, without a doubt! GF Cafe was one of the poorest meals we have ever had at WDW... not remotely worth the price. Concourse, on the other hand, was fantastic. And love the atmosphere at Contemporary... especially if you'll be there before Concourse gets moved (not sure when that is happening). I know people on the boards here don't seem to like Concourse very much, but we thought it was a great meal.

BronxTigger
05-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Have you looked into Kona Cafe at the Poly? It is often overlooked.

maryt01
05-28-2007, 12:04 PM
kona i 2nd that

Jen66
05-28-2007, 01:09 PM
My DH does not like Hawaiian cuisine, or any "sweet" food, so Kona is out for us. I'll think we'll go with Concourse based on the majority seeming to really like it. I also like the idea of being able to walk to MK after dinner:mickey:

iceicebritney
05-28-2007, 09:53 PM
umm neither... both are terribly disapointing and NOT worth waisting ur time on.

concourse is barely even a restaurant. its more like dining in the corner of the contemporary in between the elevators and chef mickeys restaurant. and their steaks are not good... good steaks are in canada in epcot, yachtsman steakhouse at yacht club, at coronado springs at the mya grill, etc.

gf cafe is equally as terrible. they've really downgraded that restaurant over the years, and we think its a waist.

i would re think these choices if i were you

maizey05
05-29-2007, 02:52 AM
2 more votes for Concourse from myself and DH

bethanne6245
05-29-2007, 10:32 AM
My family and I love the Concourse! My dd9 loves that she can order steak as a kids meal!