PDA

View Full Version : Holy Micky!!!!!!!!

nicole48040
05-26-2007, 10:26 PM
My cousin told me that BBBoutique was a must for my 6 year old girl and that it was $35. I thought that was a little pricey, considering that my daughter has fine hair. But because she is SUCH a little diva, I decided to go for it. When I went to make the appt. for Nov. 17th the CS told me it's gone up to $44.95 for the cheapest package!!!! Good grief!!!!! I made the reservation but everything inside my cheapo being says CANCEL IT..........I don't know what to do, I just think that she could get such a nice souveneir with that kind of cash......What do you guys think I should do????????

Mickey91
05-26-2007, 10:39 PM
For a 6 year old diva I would still go for it. I have made a ressie for my 9 year old. I didn't know the prices went up. It will be her one big moment. We saw all kinds of little girls last year running around with their beautiful hair and shimmering makeup. Even at nine she was jealous. I think you will absolutely make her vacation with it. And, I didn't see one young lady complain that their hair had fallen or messed up. They do a wonderful job! I would splurge and let her do it.:mickey:

kakn7294
05-26-2007, 11:55 PM
All of the hair items that they use are available for sale. The hairpieces cost $10 and each accessory (barrettes, bobby pins, tiaras, etc) costs $10 so you are paying for $20 in hair accessories. They give them the little make-up palette that they use as well as the comb. It all comes in a cute little gift bag. They also get a sash that says Bibbidi, Bobbidi, Boutique. They look so cute too. I'm not sure I would want to spend $45 either, but I did spend the $35 each on 2 girls. If it's a once-in-a-lifetime thing, I say to go for it. My girls really loved it! And if you wash and dry her hair right before you go, the style can stay in for several days with proper care.

Mickey 101
05-27-2007, 02:09 AM
Depending on your budget, I would say go for it considering the personality and age of your DD. It could be the one thing she remembers from your entire trip when she's older. Also, (I didn't notice where you're from, but if you don't live locally) you never know when you might return and at the point, she may have outgrown the BBB experience and you could regret not having done it for her.

My children are older and have pretty much outgrown the face painting and barber shop hair painting. I know those are less expensive, but we would usually let them do those several times within the week we visited. Point being, I'm so glad we 'splurged' when it was still such a magical experience for them. IMHO, the pictures qualify it as a souvenir in a sense because you'll always treasure them.

Whatever you decide, have a great trip! :mickey:

PrincessEmmasMommy
05-27-2007, 06:55 AM
As of what date do the prices increase? What has the castle pkg. gone up to?
Planning for July.
Jen

nicole48040
05-27-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm not exactly sure of the date they go up, I am going Nov.15-22nd and that's the prices the CS quoted me for then. The castle package was quoted to me as $179 to $229. Thank you to everyone who told me it was worth it, I am sure it will be. I did not realize all the stuff they use and get to keep. I am just going to put that money in a special envelope and not have it as part of regular vacation funds. That way I don't second guess it and cheap out :blush: Thanks All!

SallyfromDE
05-27-2007, 01:43 PM
How long does the hair and make up last? Can you a couple days out of it? I'd hate to spend the $$ and have her go back to the room and wash it all out. I know she should, but if she'd be able to get a second day, I wouldn't mind so much.

tinksmom02
05-27-2007, 07:42 PM
How long does the hair and make up last? Can you a couple days out of it? I'd hate to spend the $$ and have her go back to the room and wash it all out. I know she should, but if she'd be able to get a second day, I wouldn't mind so much.

That's my concern, too. I don't know if anyone has a Club Libby Lu in their mall near them--it's a girly store and they do makeovers. I let DD get her hair done when she was 3 and it didn't last 3 hours! And it wasn't because she was playing with her hair, either...

But at the same time, what am I supposed to tell her when we get back from dinner w/ Cindy and she asks to go in the pool?

Dilemmas...well, at least I decided against the castle package...I think.

And yes, prices are going up, I think to coincide with the new BBB in Sept.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Our DD is getting the Castle package on September 14th for MNSSHP. :cloud9:

She is really excited about it. It took awhile to convince my DH but, since she is our only little Princess and is really into the girly thing right now he agreed. We always get her a dress and shoes each year that usually ends up costing us $100 or so. At least she will get that, a crown, hair, make up, nails and pics with the Castle package. Of course, the memories of the experience will last much longer then that one night.

I know it is a fairly big expense. Have fun with it.

dtootsie42
05-27-2007, 08:47 PM
My advice, for a 6 year old diva go for it. I have three daughters now ages 19, 18 and 16. When they heard about this they said they would have loved to do this when they were younger. Years ago my oldest daughter got a fancy, fancy up do (not at Disney) and it is one of our favorite pictures of her. She looks like a little princess.

JCDarzi
05-27-2007, 09:12 PM
We absolutely loved BBB for our DD3 last year. I begged my husband for months for us to do it and he finally agreed to do the Coach package. When we got to BBB...what could only be described as Disney magic, he decided on the Castle package. Very out of character for my husband who is very close to his wallet!

For all of us, this was the best day of the trip. Our daughter got the princess up do on Thursday afternoon. She wore her princess up-do complete with tiara to bed that night. It lasted through Friday, Saturday's trip home and to church on Sunday! The sight of her waving to her "fans" throughout the Atlanta airport in her full princess regalia was so fun and special.

Spring for BBB. It will be worth it.

psychotekkie
05-27-2007, 09:34 PM
We waited until our last day to do the boutique. Then when we returned home she was able to show grandma and grandpa her beautiful new look. Boy was she proud!

Mickey'sGirl
05-28-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm glad I have sons! :whew: !

conwayjohn71
05-28-2007, 11:58 AM
What we do is buy the dresses off ebay............

you can get the deluxe dresses for 20 to 30 dollars, then you can put them in the dress and do the middle package, we then take them to the photographer and use our photopass....the only thing you lose is the princess picture folder, and I think you can buy those downtown disney

you will have to spring for shoes, crown and wand if you want

we always do this on Sunday morning, then go to MK for the day and have dinner with Cindy, thier hair last at least 2 days.....

pianobabe
05-28-2007, 12:59 PM

That is my thought as well. Unfortunately, BBB is coming out with the Cool Dude package for boys. I don't know when or how much. Thankfully, mine is 15 now and wouldn't want to be anywhere near BBB.:blush:

Fairy Grandmother
05-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Your daughter will grow up before you know it. Definitely do the BBB. It is much better than Club Libby Lu. You won't believe all the attention she will get while she is there. The Disney theming can't be beat.

You will all have wonderful memories of it. Take lots of pictures while she is there and afterwards. :photo: :princess:

k_reile
05-28-2007, 06:22 PM
i would go for it...that will be a part of the trip that she will always remember!

TiggerRPh
05-29-2007, 11:52 PM
My cousin told me that BBBoutique was a must for my 6 year old girl and that it was $35. I thought that was a little pricey, considering that my daughter has fine hair. But because she is SUCH a little diva, I decided to go for it. When I went to make the appt. for Nov. 17th the CS told me it's gone up to $44.95 for the cheapest package!!!! Good grief!!!!! I made the reservation but everything inside my cheapo being says CANCEL IT..........I don't know what to do, I just think that she could get such a nice souveneir with that kind of cash......What do you guys think I should do????????

Go for it! You and your daughter will have fun. We went for the top package last year and it was a wonderful experience for everyone.

Come on..you're on vacation...splurge a bit.

mindyd2006
05-30-2007, 09:11 AM
I am taking both of my kids June 18th and the price is still 35.00 for the base pacakge so it must be going up sometime after that and before November. I personally think it is really worth it they are only little oncce and I have read the hair lasts 2 days and you also get a extra make up palate to take home plus a custom brochure and a sash for them to wear around the parks.

momof2girls
05-30-2007, 09:38 AM
My two DDs (6 & 7 at the time) did this during our last trip in October. We brought dresses from home and did the middle package. It was definitely one of the highlights from our trip!! The girls still talk about it!! :mickey: We had the first appointment of the day and then did MNSSHP that night. It lasted for 2 days. Another thing that my DDs love is that we got to keep the hair that they use. They still want me to put it in their hair sometimes!! ;)
I say do it and enjoy every minute of it!!

WelshieLover
05-31-2007, 10:57 AM
I don't have daughters (2 sons) and sometimes I think the whole princess thing is over the top. However, 10 years from now your daughter will not remember the souvenirs you bought, but she will always cherish the memory of her special day. Nothing makes me more happy than to hear my teenage sons talk about favorite memories from past vacations. Memories last a lifetime souvenirs, break, collect dust, and are long forgotten. Make a memory:thumbsup:

disneymom2000
05-31-2007, 10:59 AM

I'm glad I had a tomboy. No way would she consider putting on a tiara and makeup. :noway:

pianobabe
05-31-2007, 12:30 PM
I know I said I was glad I had a boy. But, if I ever had a little girl, and she was "into" everything princess, we would go in a heartbeat. Some memories would just be priceless.

SallyfromDE
06-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Listening to everyone talk about BBB, I went and made an appointment. Now that I have, I am so excited about it. I think I'm going to keep it a secret, if I can. Kirsta is 6 and totally a Disney girl. The Princesses were just starting to get popular when she was born. Her nickname from when she was born, of course, has been Princess. (I actually called her pumpkin at first, but another neice got really upset because that was her name. So I had to find another "P" word). She may not have memories when she grows up. But I'm going to have them and that's just as important.

TheRustyScupper
06-02-2007, 09:38 AM
I know I said I was glad I had a boy. But, if I ever had a little girl, and she was "into" everything princess, we would go in a heartbeat. Some memories would just be priceless.

1) Well, I do have daughters.
2) And granddaughters.
3) Neither I nor my daughters do the BBB thing for the granddaughters.
4) There is a limit to tossing money away.

NOTE: I do not criticize those that want to buy BBB for their daughters, this is ONLY a personal opinion. The wife says I am somewhat of a spendthrift, so it is not a tight-wallet premise. It is just that there should be a limit to frivolous spending.

little disney lovers
06-03-2007, 01:48 AM
We are going to WDW in April/May next year. We are coming from Australia so we have to draw the line somewhere.
The BBB thing sounds so precious, but you can buy all the hair stuff and costumes and do your own little dress up with Mummy's make-up, then strut around the park.
I also heard about the Alice in wonderland Tea Party, that also sounds special. It's only $28 and include lunch, fun and games with Alice and friends and a photo.
I'm so indecisive, Disney is Disney, It will be fanatastic just going!

SallyfromDE
06-03-2007, 07:32 AM
We are going to WDW in April/May next year. We are coming from Australia so we have to draw the line somewhere.
The BBB thing sounds so precious, but you can buy all the hair stuff and costumes and do your own little dress up with Mummy's make-up, then strut around the park.
I also heard about the Alice in wonderland Tea Party, that also sounds special. It's only $28 and include lunch, fun and games with Alice and friends and a photo.
I'm so indecisive, Disney is Disney, It will be fanatastic just going!

Kirsta did the Tea Party a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Parents can not be there, but you get a pager in case they need you. You take them in the room and get them situated, and the set up is adorable!!! Go ahead and do it!! I want Kirsta to do the Pirate Treasure Hunt, but she tells me that Pirates are scary.

little disney lovers
06-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks, I'll definately do that one now I know somebody has recommended it.
My girls will love it, They are right into 'high tea' and cupcakes at the moment!

Marker
06-05-2007, 02:07 PM

In my opinion, and that's all it is, my OPINION....

I think the fact that you are already questioning if that money could be put to a better use is perhaps answering the question for you. Perhaps the better lesson to demonstrate is one about value rather than getting what you want regardless of cost.

The reason they can charge so much, is that there are enough people willing to pay that much. But I'm not one of them.

But again, that's only MY opinion.

January-2007
06-05-2007, 09:34 PM
When I was little I couldn't stand anyone messing with my hair or wearing makeup. If when I have daughters they are anything like me they won't want to go anyway. I think you've decided on going at this point, right? Enjoy yourselves!

iceicebritney
06-05-2007, 09:44 PM
its vacation - you should just splurge on this. its a one time thing... its definetly worth it. my neice's face lights up everytime she looks in the mirror and realizes that she too can be a princess

PracticallyPerfectMollie
06-11-2007, 05:23 PM
I have a question about the hair do--somebody mentioned the "hair they use" Is it an added hairpiece and does it add to the cost? if so, how much? also, do they match your child's hair or a princess, my girl has short red hair, so i was just curious it i need to budget for a hair piece or extensions or something :mickey:

TBY2225
06-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Last September I took my daughter who was 4 at the time. She loved it. When people ask her about her trip, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is the first thing she tells them about! She said it was her most favorite thing ever! They really make the girls feel special! I thought they did a great job and my daughter still plays with the makeup, nail polish, and tiara and hair pin. She will tell me all the time that she wishes she could be back there this minute. When I told her we were going back to Disney this year in September, the first thing she asked was could she please go back, I had already made the reservation! Seeing the smile on her face was priceless! I am a very frugal person, booking off season with the free dining plan, but I feel like BBB is money well spent!

Dicecatt262
06-15-2007, 04:01 PM
I had both my girls done at the BBB in DTD last September. I know one thing, though, and this might help people planning this year...the castle BBB is more expensive than the one in DTD. DTD should still be $35. Prices are about $10 higher for the Castle location.

I decided to do it again, this year, because they'll love getting dolled up. And the Cool Dude package is $10, my son is doing it in September.

SallyfromDE
06-16-2007, 10:16 AM
I had both my girls done at the BBB in DTD last September. I know one thing, though, and this might help people planning this year...the castle BBB is more expensive than the one in DTD. DTD should still be $35. Prices are about $10 higher for the Castle location.

I decided to do it again, this year, because they'll love getting dolled up. And the Cool Dude package is $10, my son is doing it in September.

I am in the understanding the DD will be raising their prices when the Castle venue opens.

tinksmom02
06-16-2007, 08:43 PM
I think the basic package is going up to $39.95 at both locations. The other packages will go up accordingly.

nicole48040
06-16-2007, 09:40 PM
When I made my daughter's appt. the CM told me that the prices were going up to $45, $50, and $179-229 for the top pkg.