PDA

View Full Version : SS versus OKW

CantonMichigan
05-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Once again, I waited too long to book our vacation and our home resort (BCV) is sold out. The only available (early December, after missing our annual spring trip) are OKW and SS. (I think it's clear the owners of SS and OKW don't really like their home resort as much as they do the others since those are always the last to fill up.)

Anyway, which one is better? We're a family of 6. (And, yes, I'll wait list for the other three.)

tinktude
05-26-2007, 10:03 PM
I personally like OKW better. The rooms ar bigger and I like the way it is very laid back and quiet. SSR is my home resort, and while I think that it is OK, I like the kitchen and dining area at OKW is much better.

dlpmikki
05-27-2007, 05:23 AM
If you are in a one bedroom or up I think OKW wins hands down. It is my home resort and I love it! The rooms are massive and you get bigger balconies.

The reason these two resorts are always likely to have more places available is that they are a lot bigger than the other DVC resorts. SSR has a huge number of rooms and OKW is pretty big.

Maleficent's Dad
05-27-2007, 07:38 PM
If you are in a one bedroom or up I think OKW wins hands down. It is my home resort and I love it! The rooms are massive and you get bigger balconies.
I agree! :mickey:

Accomodations at OKW are significantly larger than those at SSR (or any other DVC resort for that matter). SSR is still "growing up" (as we put it) and has to really find its niche. OKW is established and beautiful. :mickey:

richardsa98
05-28-2007, 03:17 PM
:secret:OKW and SSR are both great resorts! In fact we will be at both in the next 6 months. Just because it is easier to get rooms there, don't sell either short. Being right next to Downtown Disney is great and SSR's pool is second only to Beach Club and might tie with AKL.
The rooms are so numerous that it is hard to sell out while the other DVC resorts have much fewer rooms! In fact I think both are pretty near capacity for the fall! SSR had a waiting list for November! I am not sure if the still do, so book soon!!! Plus don't forget all of your fellow DVCers want to visit the same time you are going because points are low and decorations flying high for the holiday season:mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
05-29-2007, 04:58 PM
I think it's clear the owners of SS and OKW don't really like their home resort as much as they do the others since those are always the last to fill up.

As mentioned by others, do not mistake the fact that since OKW and SS have availability, that members prefer them less. There are more rooms at these resorts. That being said, if you need to choose between OKW and SS, I'd say OKW for the size of the rooms. If you plan to spend a few evenings at DTD, then SS might be a better location. But make a reservation, stay on the BC wait list, and see what happens. The worst scenario is that you get to spend your time at OKW or SS - not a hardship as they are both very nice, too. Have fun.

Sharon1026
05-29-2007, 08:25 PM
OKW and SSR are bigger, hence it tends to have more vacancy.

Yes, OKW has larger rooms (see your dvc material for room layouts).

SSR is much newer and is closer to DD.

Depends what you want - both are great. l love SSR.

:stitch2: